1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

special hugs to you both dear Padmini and aish babes. Aish the silver lining is DH would now understand that you fuss for some reason:) take care and don't keep those words in your heart. chuck them out. why at all comments by relatives who can't even understand the practicalities of a small child over a dance program matter? just let it go...

Uma - i do the same too and DH always gets upset with me that i irritate DS more. but i can't bear it after a while:(

don't know V... school or not there are days he is simply like that. DH can somehow sense it in the morning itself while i don't:(( today i called amma after a month. the cold, sore throat, my PMS, bad weather all made me postpone the usual call for so long. they got worried. i was complaining to her about DS (he's her favourite). she said something very simple and logical that i have forgotten 'i think because DD is small you think A has grown up. he's also a child only' so true isn't it? we all must force ourselves to take a break, to step back a wee bit and things look so different. the usual grind makes us mad indeed.

in all my own woes i completely didn't notice that one of A's classmates hadn't been to school in a month or so. usually her mom and me chat a lot at drop-off and pick-up time. today i saw her and she told me her girl had a nasty lung infection and was in emergency for 3 days. i felt so ashamed of myself that i'm endlessly complaining about trivial things and getting poor with observing happenings around me. the girl is now doing good. she's come to school today after a month.

oh well i've started my 'dieting' from today. that means i'm not giving up my indulgences. for lunch i ate a simple salad with channa, cucumber, pineapple and 2 slices of walnut bread (no not home made!). then a bowl of fruit yogurt. now i'm having 1/4th of a slice of chocolate cake:) i so hope my tummy will look decent enough in summer:(

2. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Hello dear ladies;

My belated birthday wishes Poonam and Sindhu. Ohhh Taureans;) Jay also celeberated his bday on 20th.

Amitha; Join me;)
    I am planning to do Ms in HR. I plannd for ph.d in law initially; but it is toooo costly around $ 2 Lakh per sem;). Since I have more than enough postgraduatie degree in law; my friends who are in law field suggested me not to overstudy law:)) In search of a good US university offering HR; else I plan to join online course offered by Sym pune or IMT Ghaziabad. Since you hav coomerce background you may also plan for a CPA.

V; glad that you had a great vacation. With all the animals around I am sure A would have had a blast. What happend with buying a pet dog?

K; Glad that you had a nice vacation. It was so scary about the tree. I cannot imagine coming back after a vac to see the house rampaged by a cat. Hope everything is back to normal.

latha; Hope your exercise routine is going on fine. What is happening with the garden? My beans plants flowered. So did cilantaro. I never knew cilantaro flowers:))So much for the GK:))

Padmini; Hope your grandmother heals fast.

Aishu; As latha said; it is nice that your DH shares your thought process. It is better to avoid such gatherings unless you feel that your LO feel ready for it.
    Shukri; your DH is absolutely a keeper;) So much cooking. Lucky girl:)
    Ad ; I agree with you. Woman manage multiple things very well rather than men. Men are focussed; one thing at a time.

Ramya; My anniversary wishes. Happy baking:)
    Hiii to all I missed.
    -Nitha

3. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Arathi; Thats a tempting cake. I have saved the recipe for my birthday:))

It is almost a week that we shifted and I am sort of liking this ancient house:) It has a lot of greenery. Chinnu didn't have any problems to adjust from day one. Unpacking is 3/4th done; still a lot to organise.
    Chinnu got an modelling offer; and it was turned off by Jay. I was also not interested (but I should confess that I got double-minded; when they insisted). Jay took Chinnu in his arms and kissed her tight. I immediately remembered Poonam:)). Aww.. fathers:))

An ilte(from kerala) stays a street away and she came to my place yesterday.
    I took chinnu to nearby mall yesterday. It had a play area for kids and also a carousel and a train. Chinnu enjoyd sittin in train; by the time train did its fifth circle I felt to vomit;)(motion sickness)

Had a HTH talk with my mother. She is planning to take VRS after 30 plus years of service. She was telling she has lost the any interest in going for a job. She feels she doesn't feel she has enjoyed the life or achieved anything by the job.It is a mechanical life.
    I asked her doesn't it give her financial freedom. She says financial freedom doesn't mean buying sarees; dresses or vegetables/bakery items without husband's money or permission. She says she doesn't own any property or any material asset and also feels that she has missed the time of watching us grow etc etc.
    My father is totally against her retiring; but my mother still wants to retire. I told her it is your choice. If you feel you cannot/need not work anymore don't go for it.
    So much things going around; I never knew that my mother hated going to office this much.
    -Nitha

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

welcome back Nitha dear. ancient house? i thought you moved to a condo? anyways as long as you all have a good feel to the place all is well:) we all have pretty LOs don't we... good enough to be a model;)

yes dear coriander does flower and also gives seeds that is called dhania LOL! my pea plants are growing robust. i think it'll flower late this year given the autumn temperature. my okra saplings died. i think they need longer days of sun and warm temperature. i got 2 cucumber plants from nursery and they died too. so this saturday i go shopping for plants again... isn't that nice:) the strawberries and tomatoes are flowering away to glory but no idea when i'll get to see the next stage. as of now the herbs are DS' property and he has learnt not to overwater:)

it's gonna rain again from tomorrow with temperatures expected to again dip to single digit. so despite being tired i'm taking the kids to the park. hoping that DS will share the cycle with DD. he suddenly wants to use the cycle with no pedals.

5. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

Thanks Diva. I am on H4 here, can't work immediately. But I guess I can study, will have to do some research on that. DH wants me to work - I don't what makes these men start comparing wives with other ladies and think "Yes my wife can also do this" ... without trying to even undersand her priorities. I stopped working in 2003 - I hardly remember the subjects that I studied :hide: and now he comes up with this weird idea that I will get into software. Where is my commerce background connected with this software :bonk. So first of all I have to figure out what is going to work for me.

Aarthi, that is a good idea and it is something that will work for me. After finishing the course when I start working, I can take care of the children also without putting them in day-care. I will have to look into this, in detail.

Nitha have you settled down in your new home? How is the new place? Okay tell me what qualifications are required for doing MS. I am totally clueless in this matter. What about doing CPA - any ideas?

6. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Latha, I cannot believe that. We had the exact same conversation 2 days back. DH and I were talking about the kids and he said, we think P is grown up compared to V. But he is such a small child himself. It is so true, we sometimes forget the big picture in the midst of all the daily grind. All of us here have so much to be thankful for - a wonderful family, beautiful kids. It does take effort to look at all that and stay above the day to day madness.

V, glad you had a good time during your vacation.

Uma, hope your hubby's work pressure eases soon. It can be tough to manage all by yourself.

Aishu, just ignore these comments. We feel so protective of our little ones and are sensitive to their discomfort, but to the others it may seem we are making a big deal. Don't mind them, you did the right thing in leaving. What matters is that you did the right thing and you both were united in that.

Sharadha, one more month to go? Good Luck. enjoy the rest of the time if you can, keep your professional contacts (the supportive ones). Who knows when you may need them.

Aarthi, what a yummy looking cake! I feel proud that I know all you wonderful bakers. You seem to be the picnic queen!

Padmini, hugs, it does seem to pur troubles at your home. Wish your grandmother a speedy recovery . I'm sure BIL and family will understand the circumstances.

Amitha, not sure what your work authorization status is, but if you can work right away, then just apply for all kinds of positions that interest you. Have you tried bank teller, or positions in library or other places that require computer and customer service skills. I think anything to get you out on a routine and a break from home will be good for the morale and confidence. Good Luck. If you or husband have personal contacts use them. It is much easier to find something through your networks than just applying.

Latha, hugs. I think the "no school" is getting to you. Can you take him to the library or somewhere else for 2-3 hours every day?

Ramya, how did your cake come out?

K, nice to seee you back! We also had a near accident during the weekend that was a big eye opener for us - life is really too precious to be wasted on petty things.

7. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

Nitha,

Sometime back we were playing in a play-area in a mall when a girl came saying DS1 could do some modelling and that if we were interested we could contact a company (gave the visiting card). My DH enquired with his colleagues about this company, turns out this company people approaches almost all the children's parents in mall, lure them into registering with their company for more than $1000, say that they will get modelling assignments, etc., and never turn back. This is a scam.

If somebody approaches you like that, be careful. Do google, you may be able to get information about these companies.

Hope the offer that you recieved was not something like this :).

Already meeting ILites!!! When are we (you & me) going to meet. How do we plan?

Your mother worked for 30 plus years!!! No wonder she is frustrated with her lifestyle. You know my mother was jumping at the thought of retirement. After retiring, she fees it was better to be working than being at home :). Probably your mom also may feel the same way after she retires. Anyway good luck with her decision.

8. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Hi Gals,

For all those who are wondering whether I ve gone missing I want to say I am on cloud 9. And am not coming back sooner. LEmme tell u the big story. Our anniversary was on 20th thursday. I had my monthly menace at taht time and dint even make a payasam.My Dh gifted me with an 160 gb ipod. I love listening to music while i work and have been using a 1 gb mp3 player for 4 years now. I was complaining abt its capacity and dint really ask hubby for anything more . but just complaining. I dint even know he really noticed. On boxing day sale here We really looked for an ipod but i felt prices were higher for the apple name and dint buy it. MY dh asked whether i wanted a mp3 player with more space and i said no. It was 5 months ago. so when i got this gift which was lil pricey too( my dh doesnt spend much for himself) i was overjoyed. On friday I cooked some decent mela just because i felt guilty and I dont usually buy gifts if am not working because I dont feel its my gift if i buy it out of his money . so usually i cook or do some manual arty thing with watever artistic mind i ve. the big surprise comes on saturday morning when he comes back with a rented car. ours is a 10 year old tin box and can manage naer by areas but not long drives. So When i am asking wats teh rented car for he asked me to pack for 3 days and we started off in two hours. he has really booked resort some 400 km off and we relaxed and travelled and saw a few nice places. It was too good a long weekend and am so happy.

Iam just pasting google iamges links of teh places we went.

Pinawa hanging bridge
    Panoramio - Photo of Pinawa Suspension Bridge
    pinawa dam
    pinawa dam - Google Search=
    seven sisters falls
    seven sisters falls manitoba - Google Search=
    steeprock
    steeprock manitoba - Google Search=
    narcisse snake farms
    narcisse snake dens - Google Search=
    norris lake
    norris lake manitoba - Google Search=

we did some hiking , some trekking and some biking and gals I feel so good. Ill read all ur posts and get back here soon.

Regards,
    CC

9. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Hello Ladies,
    Big 'HI' to you all...
    Logging in after about 5 days. Feels like eternity to me. Haven't gone through any of the posts yet.

How are you all doing? Hope you had a nice week end. We werr out for a two day trip to a state park here. V enjoyed a lot but her allergies increased many many folds on the last day and i just wanted to get back home. But for the last day, it was a pleasant trip....

10. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Quickly went through the posts now..
    Sharadha, Add me in for watching horror movies. I’ll die of heart attack if I watched one. And you won’t belive the last horror movie I saw was ‘My dear Lisa’ (I think) when I was 11 or 12. And that was the end of it. I would have night mares even if I watched extra suspense thriller movies and would be scared to even go to the bathroom for the next few weeks....

Aarthi,
    Your cake looks divine. Oops.. am salivating here…

Tikka, Glad to see you back.. Hugs to you dear… You are a super lady managing things so well..

Amitha, Good luck on your further studies… Please think which path you want to take.. If commerce then may be a CPA or an accounting business degree may help. If others, you may thing about some short courses in the community colleges there which would give you a head start on the direction intended.

Aishu, My friend says… “An instinct of a mother is 99% right”. Glad that your Dh also understood the situation and helped you out there

Vanathi, Looks like Aadhu had super fun and you guys had a good date..:)

Latha, what is your dieting menu. Please share with me. I wish there tires would just vanish away.. but they seem to be increasing day-by-day..

Nitha, Nice to see you after a long time. A working mothers opinion there… Be with your mom on her decision, whatever it may be…

CC, Anniversary wishes to you and your DH.. So sweet of your DH to gift you an ipod and a vacation treat…

Ladies, for some reason, none of my plant samplings have even given 2 additional leaves than what it was while I got it from store. I’m getting a little disappointed now. I was imagining a whole bunch of organic vegetables in the garden but looks like I’ll never have that green hand…

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.