1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

welcome back, V and K:) glad you both had a well deserved refreshing holiday. K - isn't it nice also that you were away during Laila?

oh nothing major V except that DD decided to sleep through after weeks of torture for both us and herself. now DS has 2 teeth erupting and is behaving really wierd. today was the worst day... i'm still trying to figure for whom - either me or him:(

Oh Aarthi - not at all fair to tempt us with such a rich chocolate cake:( from this morning i started doing the physiotherapy exercises that i did after DD's delivery... aiming at reducing the 3 folds in my waist to atleast 1 if not none:( DH was insisting that i should cut down my dessert consumption... what dessert? i still can't understand from where and how my tummy has suddenly bloated so much. today was such a lovely day and i wore salwar indoors and outdoors. and even in that loose fitting cloth i looked bloated:(((( i don't think diet alone is going to help. my weight, damn, as always, is on the right scale.

anyways today everything went on plan since morning and i must have sensed some major heart-ache:( i ground for idli and kuzhipaniyaram this morning at 7.30 which is like a record. then cleaned the balcony, spent some time with kids, shower and cook. all was well until lunch time. then my boy started this non-stop nagging, whines... it's so hard to ignore when someone, even if it's only a 5 yr old, do that to you most part of the day. it does get on to you, if you're human btw (DH is god in that dept).

so i took them out by 4. but my bad luck a group of moms had bought in a pup to the park as well. DD was instantly attracted to him/her. he was on leash and didn't like this dark-haired girl approaching him at all. he was barking and before i realised she snatched his nose. i distracted her to other parts of the park (we took along sand toys, shuttle, bubbles to blow) but then after a while i had no choice but to bring them back home. she wouldn't leave that pup in peace. he was all happy and perfectly understood that we have to leave. but the moment he saw his dad (i'm not saying anymore 'the moment we enter home'.. i don't think it's that) he becomes a crack-pot:((( by bed time i so hated my child. it's really hard when i can't help him out of that tantrum. today i timed that he says 'amma look or appa look' every 2 minutes. i mean.. give me a break! we all have things to do and why can't you do something by yourself for atleast 15 minutes at a stretch? do you all think my reaction is normal? i was fighting with him like siblings do:(

an exhausted day not because i did lots of chores but because i had challenges one after the other with no positive results... it simply brings back past unpleasant memories. now i'm so withered physically and in mind. hoping for a better day tomorrow. rant over ladies...

2. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

Hai everyone, I just thought of taking a break for sometime. Lots of disagreements & fights with DH ... made me really think where I am going in life. We are in good terms now. Anyway I have decided that I have to do something with my life enough of being a house-wife. I have commerce background and have no clue what kind of job I might get if I decide to work. I have decided to study something, which will later help me get a job. Any suggestions and thoughts in this regard would be very helpful to me. So girls please come up with some ideas.

I've just browsed through most of the posts, but not in detail. So please don't mind.

I think DS2 is having an ear infection. He is rubbing his right ear a lot and there is some discharge from his ear. I have to take him to the doctor tomorrow.

3. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Welcome back V & T.

Tikka, guess the break was worth it! no matter the house is in a huge mess, you have all the energy to take care of everything around you.. put up some pics of your vacation..

V, whats the name of the farm you went to? I forgot the name. A touched all the pet animals haan?? I can imagine LO running behind those ducks and geese :))

Aarthiiiiiiiiiii........... thank you so much for the pic.. I have been peeping into the cake chop at work to just have a look at the yummy cakes there.. I used to think wish I could stand here and look at it for a while but NO.. that will lead me to buying it so I dont go any near to it (sshhhh, I am kind of dieting :)) but you pic will make up for all my temptation.. it looks sooooo yummy, I can keep looking it as long as I want and I am already imagining slicing it slowly and taking a tiny piece every now and then.. I really feel I had a piece of it.. thanks again. I am defnitely making it when I start my baking trials!

Latha, Hugs to you girl. I dont think there is anything wrong in the way you feel.. mommy! you are exhausted! thats that. but when you wake up the next morning, try not to think abt the prev bad day.. leave it to DH to handle him when he is around.

Amitha, good decision I would say.. take up a good course, get equiped and out of the house you go like a butterfly.. get independent and dont worry about home, you can handle home and work, both as much as you want.. I dont know if I will be taken wrong if I say - I suggest to all mommies at some point in life, you get out and do something of your own, just so you have your own identity inside and outside home. Women can handle things ten times more than men and very well too. I am saying this for various various reasons. Dont take me wrong.

Sharadha, which comp do you work for? (if you can say here) hows LO doing?

P, hmmm another LO who doesnt want to eat haan? my DS was like that for a while. is she teething? growth sprout?

4. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Hi,

How are u all doing? Granny fell down couple of days back and had multiple fractures and now hospitalized, MIL is shutling between hosp and house and i am taking care of LO and house...stressful days...thanks to MIL, she comes in the early morning and does all cooking, cleaning and leaves to hosp and the rest of the day i am taking care with LO.
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr DS is sick again:rant..severe cough and cold, taking him to pedi today evening...
    on top of all, BIL and family coming this thrusday from singapore..actually ILs planned for a vacation with BILs family, now with granny's prb, everything collapsed...dont know how i am going to manage going forward...had to join back to work next friday and DH is travelling the next weekend........

5. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

AD/latha,

i am also dieting,,once in a while when we go out or friends come over,i make something rich like this,so that i get to indulge as well as keep my portion under control..:)

latha,
    no,you were not wrong ,its quite natural for humans,i guess.i agree ,being mothers we are bound to be extra patient,tolerant,,but sometimes it gets on our nerves too,and we cannot be held responsible morally..the other day during our outing V was throwing tantrums,the same old story of getting a toy for him (looking at some building,thinking it to be a toy store,it was a post office ,btw).i was patient for quite sometime,,but couldnt hold back my temper,as he was going wild screaming .:ranti just wanted to get back home,,but we were quite far ,and had to continue the rest of our trip.

amitha,
    have you thought about MONTESSORI TRAINING.i am basically a paramdical PG,,but i couldnt work in my field,,after coming here ,i took a mont course and even worked in a school for sometime.it has part time options as well...though the salary wont be attractive,but it is good compared to sitting at home..:).JMO.

latha,
    just a thought,,have u tried computer educational games for your DS..it can help him kill some time at home.i do have a time restriction and allow V to play for around 30 min or so.he just loves them and it is good for cognitive and motor skill development as well..one site we use is nickjr.com.if you think it will help,please try or else ignore.

padmini,
    hugs to your LO,sending you lot of health vibes..poor LO..he is been suffering back and forth..wishing him a speedy recovery soon.

6. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

aarthi,

Forgot, you cake looks yummy yummy...wld love to have one now...

7. msharadha

msharadha New IL'ite

AD, am not sure if we can tell the name in public, but its the 3 letter word which starts with H. Hope you got it. Anyway I had to change the Reporting Manager and only then they would accept it, and no one communicated this to me. I got my LWD, its July 2nd. One more month to go, but wondering how its going to be after this job. Am looking out for some courses to start from scratch.

Latha, hope you have a better day.

Aarthi, after seeing the cake I got tempted to buy the cake in the pantry, but somehow controlled. Am working on my tummy, but your cake is too tempting.

Tikka and Vanathi, good to know that you guys had a great time. We did miss you!!!

Padmini, there's too much happening with you. Hope your DS recovers soon.

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  8. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Wonderful Ladies,

How are you all? Hope you and your LO's are in good health.

I had a very tough last week. Sunday was the worst of all.Hear my rant please.......wanting to burst it out to all of you and seek some solace.

There was a domestic function at DH's uncle's place.They called us for say 2-3 days cont. and invited and insisted that i bring Manu too.I told them i will try coz i was very skeptical about Manu adjusting to a new place.I was on second thoughts to disturb manu's sleeping times and her comfort, but then DH was saying that im fussing too much and that i must come out of that fear of handling DD.Ok, i thout let him do the experiment.
    So all of us went to DH's uncles place on sunday.It was a homam, so the place was full of smoke, but then we had rooms in the first floor so that was'nt a problem.Manu was ok only for 30 minutes.After she started to cry in a mild way.I consoled her, fed her and she was ok for a while.

But you know when u take a child, all the people want to grab her in their hands, pinch her on the cheeks, kiss her in cheek ..yeah thay did all that and to top it all, there was a kid aged 7 yrs (relative of Dh's aunt).She used the rest room and came without washing her hands and touched manu.I could smell urine(sorry for being so open) on Manu's cheeks.....:bonk:bonkI grabbed a wet wipe and cleaned Manu's face.

Manu started to wail and she was completely irritated.When i resisted giving her to anyone, they all gave me page length advices that child wud cry so, i must not mind that.... all BS!!!!!!!

Dh and me tried to tie a thooli n rocked her to sleep somehow for 1 hr.Then came another monster child aged somewhere 13 yrs...he banged the door to use PC in that room ...all hell broke loose.Manu started to wail and will not stop for the next one hour....DH became so tensed to see his DD cry that way.So we went for a round in the car to pacify her.She was lil ok again.We decided to move out after having lunch.I ate food in the mean time and DH took care of her.Then DH had his lunch..and we declared that we r starting coz of Manu. There was a program by kids in the evening,but we decided to skip that thinking people around wud understand.Completely wrong!

His uncle and aunt started to comment that DH was influenced by me so much that hes not adjusting these days .. blah blah...I really dont get it.To let me child wail and watch dance program????
    I was furious but never opened my mouth.DH gave them back sharply ..that the baby was crying and we are not simply fussing etc.DH was very angry.My FIL felt so sorry for me and told us to start immediately.We rushed back home.
    I gave Manu a nice warm water sponge bath, changed her clothes,fed and put her to sleep.DH felt so bad that his decision of taking me n DD went wrong and said sorry to me and to DD too.

Thanks for hearing me out.There comments were so rude.It still hurts!

9. shrukri

shrukri New IL'ite

Belated b'day wishes to Sindhu n Poonam.....and belated ani wishes to Ramya......
    V n K pls share ur vac stories........Hope u all had a gr8 time...
    Latha I can hear you o that, sometimes i too feel the same with with DD1, she says "i don't like u, i like only dad", i tell her back "i don't like u too i like only Shruti", silly of me and what am i doing but at that moment no control of what i say or do.........
    Aarthi you r having a wonderful time, and making me sulk....it's loonnnnnng since we went around...:(He worked sat and sun.....I'm waiting for him to change dept, he's moving this 14, and hope things r better.
    Poonam yay for you....don't worry when both do things together without any help ur reln gets stronger tooo....
    Sindhu lucky P hope he gets for V's and DH's b'day as well...Feeding part it's Ok at times but it happens always and i'm struggling all alone. When i start feeding her she takes hrs and the 2nd starts it get's to my nerves and I yell at DD1....
    DH took off yesterday and made some heavenly dinner of saffron rice, baked potatoes and cauliflower masala.....A break atlast...He's very supportive and does his best to help me out, but his work pressure for the past had been terrible. Hope it all ends soon....
    A big hi to all other mommies... Take care all

Uma

10. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Aarthi - that cake was scrumptious! Thank goodness I dont live anywhere where i can get stuff like that or Id be twice my size in no time!

Latha - it happens to all of us - you know that. Hope today is better for you. Is school still on or not? Maybe its too much time at home and he's bored?

It was Destiny and you should try it if at all your DS is inclined towards animals. If he isnt then he may not like it much as there's very little to do otherwsie (or unless you/Dh is into adventure sports - they have lots of those).

Krithi - did you go to Bangalore or someplace else too? Hope you discovered how the cat got in as a preventive theing for the next time you lock the house. When does K start school?

Hope your gran and LO get better soon. Never rains but pours looks like...

((hugs)) dear. Been there done that and its a horrible experience I know. Hope LO is fine today.

:biglaugh Sorry but couldnt stop laughing - 3 kids in your house! DS says stuff like that all the time and thats my DH's reaction too; I just smile - somehow words like that can never make me angry/upset - guess everyone's got different "push buttons". That menu of your DH sounds great btw.

This week is wedding week again - 2 weddings and a housewarming tomorrow (and then work) and another at the end of the week. I'm sick of all the dressing -up really!

V.

Last edited: May 25, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.