1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

padmini,sindhu,latha,thank u for ur wishes!!

2. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

sindhu,
    belated birthday wishes to you..such small gestures are priceless,,

pooh,
    happy birthday ,i loved the name of the restaurant,am sure the food would have tasted yummy,,btw,what cuisine was it?dh being your support matters more than the help you get from anyone else,,that way you are lucky..all th best girl.

latha,
    yes,i could do it all by myself,but the other lady is in charge of the class(she is the main person behind balagokulam)and her decision is final na,,thats why..

the movie sounds good.was it in german?

so girls,we were off to another picnic y day...a fun park for kids at the foothills of a mountain.we went with my friends family(my facebook friend,if you girls remember me telling),the kids had lotsa fun ,V went on a go kart,rafting with his dad and few other rides while i went just for rafting..ahhhhh,its so hard to row:hide:..we took picnic food with us and i had also baked an extremely chocolatey cake with frosting and decorations,,:)..all in all,we had some lovely time y day...highlight of the day-of course the temp hitting 23 and today its 26..cant believe its dublin..lol

catch u all tomm.

bye n gud night

3. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Pooh - Belated birthday wishes !! It was nice of DH to say that.... whe people close to us do that, it really makes us more strong and willing to go. You have been doing great mommy !! The name of the restaurant sounds good. What food was it?

Latha - Good about the sleep ...I am longing for it ;))

Aarthi - It is so nice to hear about your outing. Good that the kid had a nice time ...!

Sindhu - OTG is an Oven Toaster and Grill .... I have so far make 'Butter biscuits' and paneer tikka ..both came out decently well. And Belated birthday wishes to you !!

Pon - Come back soon .... Hope you are relaxing at mom's.

MIL has not been well and I ma leaving LO with my mo today. The funniest part is that my SIL does all the job at home and seeks sympathy. Atleast, I was cool yesterday and enjoyed by taking care of LO and eating lunch. Today is MIL's birthday and I am planning to bake a cake ....my first cake ...let me see.

4. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Pooh, Belated Birthday wishes. nice to know your 'that' moment with DH.. how did you manage to just smile?? I would have got all emotional :) ohh looks like Z is like P.. P has fallen off the bed a zillion times.. hmm I have known you from way back in the relationship forums, then into pregnancy forums and infants and now here.. glad that the hardships has made you stronger.. and you are a great mommy.

Sindhu, Belated birthday wishes.. advance anniversary wishes..

Ramya, Belated Wedding anniversary wishes.. thats a nice gift. did you gift your DH too? any ideas are welcome.

Padmini, Advance anniversary wishes.. mine is next week.

Aarthi, another picnic?? looks like you are having a great time.. could you share the recipe of the that choc cake you baked?? sounds sooo yummy..

5. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Rama, you are welcome here anytime.. this is an addictive thread.. please come back to share all that you want.. we are all ears! n ofcourse be brave to hear all our rants!

Latha, glad you got a good nights sleep.. kannu pattura pogudhu!

6. msharadha

msharadha New IL'ite

Hi mommies, seems that some of you had good rest.
    My weekend was ok, but the sleep was as usual, today came late to office. Am just waiting to know my LWD, wonder when they would relieve me.
    Had a tiff with my dad, he comments infront of some guests that I need to check myself with a doc as I don't like watching horror movies and I get frightened when am alone at nights. His words are "Normal people will not feel like that, so you check with a doc". Is this commenting ok, that too infront of some relatives. My mom and sis are telling me that I am taking things seriously. Am I over reacting?

Sindhu and Pooh, belated Birthday wishes!!! Hope you people had a great time.

Ramya, belated Anniversary wishes and good luck with the cake.

Aarthi, wow, am drooling over the mentioning of Chocolate cake, good to know you had a nice time. enjoy the weather. Here in Chennai the weather is back to normal and its so hot.

Padmini, good that LO is ok now. Even my DH is away so Iunderstand how you must be feeling. Dont worry things will fall into place.

Latha, good luck with your exercise. Even I have started using the office gym and planning to flatten my tummy before DH comes. I too feel lazy at times but when I think about DH, feel like doing it.

Uma, hope you enjoy your time with your brother. My DS stopped BF by himself as I had started work and he got used to the bottle, even I was feeling guilty. I guess feeding kids is a big challenge except for a few. My kid has started a new way of escaping from food, he make a sound of puking so that we would stop feeding him. Now we know his tricks.

Pon, hope you are doing good. Do come back soon.

Hi to all others!!!!!!

7. Vinu4me

Vinu4me Senior IL'ite

Hi girls!

Back again after a long time - yet again!!!

I have been taking a break from the computer but my thoughts were all around this thread only all the while. Feel completely addicted to this one. So, ya, DH wanted me to take a complete break, no computer, ni internet and to top it I had an internet problem as well. But, I guess I canb't stay away longer than this.

Vinu is growing up fast, she is learning to communicate through single words and actions all joined together. But, she is also becoming very troublesome. She just does not want to eat. 4-5 mouthfuls and she is done. Furter more, somtimes she wants to eat by heself and ends up playing with the food without eating much (which she is unable to do). I am so frustrated. She looks like a person on diet, only fruits, nuts, chappati and no rice!!

Vinu woke up. Will post again soon

8. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

AD,

here is the recipe,i followed it from odlums.ie.
    you can either make two cakes and sandwich the frosting or cut a big cake horizontally and do the same.

chocolate fudge sandwich cake

175 g-plain flour
    125 g-plain chocolate,break it in to small pieces
    175 g-butter
    200g-sugar
    eggs-3

1tspn-vanilla essence
    235g-thick yogurt(the recipe calls for greek yogurt,but u can use normal one too,,make sure it is thick and not sour.

i used readymade betty crocker frosting and chocolate decorations,,but if u need the recipe for icing,here is it
    125g Plain Chocolate (broken into pieces)
    50g Butter
    350g Icing Sugar
    3 tbsp-thick yougurt

1.preheat the oven to 190 deg c..grease the cake tin(either two sanwich tins or one 9 inch round tin)
    2.melt the chocolate in a double boiler till it melts.
    3.mix the butter,sugar till creamy,add the essence,eggs one by one,,beating everytime you add one.
    4.then add the melted chocolate,yogurt,mix and finally add the sifted flour.
    5.pour it into the cake tins and bake for 25 min or till it turns brown and check it with a tooth pick as well.
    6.cool the cake over a wire rack.if you have made a single cake,cut it horizontally into two once it cools down.

icing
    melt the choc and butter over low flame,take it out and add the icing sugar and yougurt,,keep beating till you get a smooth and spreadable frosting..
    sandwich between the two cake pieces and cover the whole cake with frosting..decorate according to your wish..

i am attaching a phot of my cake ,have a look.

it was extremely delicious,,do try it.

Attached Files:

9. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hi girls,
    Got back from my vacation last night - it was a lot of fun and A esp had a blast! The farm had all his favs - cows, sheep, rabbits, geese, ducks, horses,hens etc so he had a lovely time touching and looking at all those. There was no TV and a very patchy cellphone signal so DH and I slept and ate and walked for 2 days and are so refreshed too. The food was excellent in parts (salads and desserts were divine) and so-so in others (biryani and all tandoor stuff generally). Only real drawback was that getting to and from there was in an ex-army truck which rattled and bumped so hard - definitely not for those who are old/pregnant! I'll try and get some pics up this week when I have a minute.

Poonam/Sindhu - Belated bday wishes! Hope you 2 had a good time.

I did skim through the posts but no time to process them properly and so I've decided to start afresh. Did anything momentous happen while I was away?

V.

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  10. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

that makes two mommies back from breaks... This evening we were back from vacation. It was good to take a break just the three of us. The last few family holidays (ahem) were disastrous. This one too K fell ill after going to Bangalore (DH also gets wheezing in bangalore, but I dont), but with just the two of us to manage him it was such a stress free holiday.
    We came back this evening to see our compound ravaged by laila. A huuuuuuge mango tree in our neighbours fell taking trhee of our young trees and a few more of theirs. Now, we have the entire west side open to the weather. Thinking of it as a good thing because now the few trees that survived laila have a good chance of growing. Glass half full.
    in all this melee, a cat seems to have gotten into our house either gnawing through the netlon or somehow pushing it aside and apparently did not know how to get out. Let's say the house smelt of a litter box when we first entered it and it needed to be cleaned from top to bottom. Cat poo and cat pee everywhere. After a 5 hour drive I dont know how we managed to do it.
    We also had this lovely darshan at Thiruvannamalai. I am not religious, but I think the powers that be are with us today - two near accidents, one car breakdown and a super mess in the house later, we survived. intact. with no aches and pains. yay.
    I see that a lot of you have had birthdays and anniversaries. It seems to have been a happy week and weekend for you mommas. Belated wishes to all of you and here is to a new week ahead.
    glad to be home and glad to be back on IL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.