1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Latha, you forgot me on one of those sleep deprived persons (zombie to rightly say). There isn't one night I have slept through the night in the past ~3 months. See... it has become a routine now and we are used to that. last night I was just having a 'me' time till 12.00 midnight just browsing the web. Before I hit the bed, I gave DD a bottle of rice milk in her sleep. She wiggled a bit and finally took it. And she woke up again at 4.45 asking for milk. So I had 4 hours of continuous sleep, so to say... And she is close to 22 months old.. Can you believe this?? Sometimes I think I should start resisting these midnight feeding, but she resists more than what I can handle during the day time, so I kind of give up on my resistance at night.

Today is better at work , but some days are terrible trying to keep my eyes open after noon... And I have started dreading the 1.00pm + meetings for the embarassment of sleeping through it.. LOL

By the way haven't heard from Amitha and tikka for a few days.. How are ladies??

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  2. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

ohhh add me in! one more sleep deprived mommy. DS had a troubled night.. he didnt sleep all day and me n DH were expecting him to doze off any minute.. but no he was a bright sun till 11pm and rolled rolled rolled himslef to sleep while kicking both of us out of bed.. sharp at 3am he woke up not knowing what to do.. I woke up to see what was torubling him but he wanted daddy only.. he woke his dad and slept on daddy's tummy for 5 mins and rolled to left side, stayed for 5 mins, rolled to the right side slept for 5 mins.. and again on the tummy.. I was sitting and looking at him for more than 30 mins.. hoping to see him doze off.. after that I couldnt sleep at all hearing DS mumble every now and then.. DH was patiently trying to understand what he wants.. finally looks like DS didnt know what he wanted! I dont know whats with kids preference changing.. sometime dad sometimes mom only.. I would prefer me being awake rather than DH because I am so used to less sleep and DH is not.. poor thing. tonight I am sure DH will be the first one to snore.

Pooh, yes you can blame it on growth sprouts.. your LO is learning at a high speed so the first thing it would affect is her sleep.. I was sleep deprived for more than 2 yrs since DS's birth so I am not the one to give tips.. loads of hugs from me.

3. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hey all

Laila Oh Laila ....... what a difference to cHennai! ...
    Sorry for the silence ... I was at mom's for couple of days and y'day was our anniversary.

CC -That was really good one ...I enjoyed it and it is so true!

Padmini - Wha tis the cold war with MIL on? If it is to do with taking care of LO, then you need to talk to her to sort things out. Do rant here.

Latha - Got an OTG for my anniversary .... pls accept me as ur student now. What do I start with ? I made 'Benne biscuits' and they came out decently well. I am happy and excited.

SS - I am so used to this WFM and sleeping with LO once in a while (when there isn't much work-load), that I dread the thought of being in office post lunch !What's your name, btw?

Latha/AD - I am so impressed with what u say at pre-school. I wonder if I will ever have the patience. I am learning a lot from u guys and I hope to practice it.

Uma - Good luck on your resolution with MIL. I have tried it many times and i fail always :((

Aarthi - A truly proud mommy !!

Shoba - Welcome to te club!

Poonam - Adwi does exactly that. And I have gotten used to it for the past 7 mo. She will not let anyone, even DH touch her at nights. She screams aloud, while she is a very happy child during the day. Just hang on. I have done everything and I still do not know the solution for this. ..this too shall pass.

V - Waiting to hear from you on the wedding and the vacation !!

Getting late for office work ...will talk later. Bye

4. shrukri

shrukri New IL'ite

Welcome Shobana!
    Congrads Aarthi! When LO's excel all credit goes to mommas right! That's gr8:thumbsup. And i'm another one postponing Dr visit. Here off doesn't cover dental visits and i have n number of tooth that needs to be filled...(what else can happen to a sweet tooth person)Even now i don't give up on bars of choc and ice cream:hide:......
    Latha same here DH says exactly the same statment to me. I cook 3 fresh meals a day. Earlier i use to even cook seperate meals for Lo n i've given up on that. Usually i cook tomato rice with some potato as side dish, i feel guilty Lo needs some veg and i cook some sambar and another veg for her. I've competely given up on that and feed her what we eat. I still cook and cook for us. Even yesterday with a todler n 3 mo i tried basundhi from chitvish. I had to switch off the gas sev times....but didn't give up...DH said it came out perfect.....Today eyeing on lapsi desserts...either halwa or kesari.
    Yes the reason for all this is being affectionate on them and expecting the same. If a person is close to u and they hurt it pains a lot right.......if someone in the shopping mall or road says something it'll be there for that moment but will never last long.....Being emotional, good, kind is of no use with Inlaws(i don't mean for all here, some are blessed with good inlaws though). This time i'm not going to consider her at all. I've already planned plenty of work to be done when she's here.....Let me make use rather than crib and make myself miserable.
    Shraddha couldn't help laughing about what ur LO has been doing...but can imagine how tough it is for you........With DD1 i used to go to the washroom and stay with eyes closed for few minutes, then wash my eyes with cold water and come back, yea she used to wake up every now n then for nursing just to have it for comfort and never let go. I had terrible times and weaned her off when she was 14 mo and still feel guilty.......
    Poonam that's really tough....hugs!!!!nothing much from me...
    Have a gr8 week end all.........As usual DH is working sat and sun:(........So poor me struggle with 2 kids all alone......
    Forgot my bro is coming on the 4th or 5th of june(date not decided)...yay...Awaiting for the gala time.....

5. shrukri

shrukri New IL'ite

SS feeding time is the only time I loose my patience with LO and now with DD2 it's worse. She would keep the food in her mouth for hrs and i have to keep repeating swallow....then DD2 would start crying and that's it. Even now my mom and DH insist on letting her eat on her own....that's even worse........With me feeding her i get some productive result, other way round my BP shoots up, i yell...she cries and more of a battle. I've been a foolish mommy on this and still don't know how to change or correct myself..........

6. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Girlssssssssss,
    Finally i made my way to a cafe, a BIG hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii and hugs to you all :))))))
    You know girls, sometimes i read all your season 5 posts from my mobile, but sigh, cant login and reply :bonk
    All fine with me, going to in-laws place this weekend, next weekend returning back to Chennai :)
    I miss this rant space soooooooooo much girls, hope all you girls and LOs are rocking :)))))))))
    Byeeeeeeeeeeeee:thumbsup

7. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Ramya,

many many more wishes. that's a clever gift you got. i'll warn you that baking passion somehow makes you accumulate pans, spoons, bowls. try muffins, carrot cake etc., i make tarts etc., all that's easy to do outside India:( not discouraging but also i don't know what all materials are easily available in india. you know what i'm always scared of making biscuits, cookies. they can over-bake so quickly. so you're already a pro:))

Uma,

oh i am so glad there's someone like me too. invariably only on toughest days i'll start cooking something that involves step-by-step grinding, fry till oil separates dishes. same here... i'll be switching on and off.. 10 years and DH still can't understand why i do so:( my argument is children will remember the smell, love LOL! but seriously the most memorable childhood days for me is always associated with some special dish that my mom made. or may be we're simply like this:)

finally... y'day DD almost slept through. she woke up only once. yet i'm not fresh this morning. possible that it will take sometime to get back all those sleep. DH, so silly, started off with some argument on an already grumpy day. he's so trained to see only what a person hasn't done, esp the wife. DS came in and remarked 'appa you're tensioning amma'. i'm going to make his week-end miserable ahhhaaahaa...

Aarthi,

sorry ma missed out reading the main part of your post. congrats:) what book did he get?

SS,

Tikka is on vacation.

Amitha,

hope you're feeling better. your last post wasn't a cheerful one. there are those days so don't be hard on yourself.

since the morning i've put on and removed jacket for DD countless times. she's doing this game of wearing all outdoor stuff and then taking them off grrrrr. now i'm going to hide them all:(((

Ponnnnnn... we cross-posted. so so nice to see you back here. i thought you moved for good to coimbatore LOL! how are the children? any progress with the wedding plans? come back soon...

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  8. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Hi everyone, crazily caught up with work, so haven't had much time to read, just few minutes here and there. Hope all is well with everyone.

9. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Hi Everyone,
    hope all are doing good... Didnt get a chance to finish reading all the pages above...
    but just wanted to tell you gals a big hi and that DD is doing better now after starting a syrup related to wheezing...

Having too many things to be done over the weekend... Wish you a all a peaceful weekend..

Vidyaa

10. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

hey girls.
    i am refreshed after a nice outing today,all by myself.guess what,the temp soared up to 22 deg today,,,i went out without a coat ,wearing my sandals...what a great feeling it was:)..i was visiting my friend who has recently delivered,did some shopping for the baby girl(cute pink dresses and pink diaper bag),got some cool summer dresses for me and V and was only back in time for Vs afterscool pick up..

ramya,
    belated wishes again..welcome to the baking club...as latha says,my kitchen is full of baking utensils..these days i have stopped visiting the homeware section whenever i go shopping,,i have too many items already..

latha,
    we havent finalised anything about the dance,the other lady was not very enthusiastic about the idea and that put me off...group events like these need involvement from everyone ,,i hope you got my point.

the book was HIP HIP HIPPO,as shorty storybook with 20 pages.they have started reading practice at his school and he brings home a new book every week which has to be read everyday by him and the reading form should be duly signed by me as well..i am actually impressed with the efforts taken at his school.

S-S,
    sending you and other sleep deprieved mommies lots of sleep dust..i know how hard it can be,specially for a working woman,,i really hope and pray the allergy issues resolve soon.

poonam,
    hope zoey sleeps well tonight,,,to be honest,i was enjoying reading all the fundas z does..:)but i know it is very tough when we are in short of a good nights sleep.

poo/latha/s-s
    sending all of you some extra load of sleep dust.poor mommies.

uma
    same here with the sweet tooth,i have two root canals,one decay and one cap ,still i cannot resist the temptation.i agree with you on this cooking part as well.see,today i had to go out and quickly made a veg pulao,but V wont eat onions and i had to prepare something else for him..sometimes i get so pissed,i try feeding him the same but seeing him go on a hunger strike,i give up and try to cook a dish that he likes..most of the times for three people,i will be spending hours in the kitchen.:)

pon
    HI,,nice to hear from you..join us soon..

AD,sindhu,vidya
    hi,hope the LO'S r doing gud.

have a great weekend everyone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.