1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Latha; Guess you and DD are having ladies time :)))-

Pon; not all malayalees will vouch that. More than half of the friends in my circle are "saree-addicts". A few of us has been wired like me. Two days back I was talking to my friend; and she was telling me how lucky I am to stay here; just because I don't have to wear saree:)) She; despises to wear saree to every social gatherings; but has less choice as she is in Kerala:))

Aishu; hope your DH is feeling better.

Hiii to all. Sri??? How was the Onam and any news of Lyn???

-Nitha

2. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

hi girls,

I am sick since tuesday morning, the time I came back from vacation.. terrible cough, cold + high fever. I took off yest and slept all day long.. somehow managed to come to work today but I cannot lift even a diary.. I lost concentration while driving to work this morning and I was abt to hit the vehicle in front of me a few times.. thankfully reached office without doing any crime. ohh this is the first time in past 11 yrs that I got so sick..

my vacation was too good.. saturday n sunday our whole family went to the water falls back to back.. one on sat morning, then sat evening, again back there on sunday morning.. + yummy yummy home food (that my aunts made for us).. P enjoyed the chil chil water.. he was wanting a swimming pool too but there is none so somehow managed to satisfy him with the gushing water falls.. he cooperated very well. yest he got the fever from me.. I am on AB and he is on paracetemol.. I have just one good news - the tenants found another house so they are vacating our house this sept 5th.. yes, too soon than we expected.. but we are all set to move in one week after they leave.. as I need some time to clean it up and do some patch up work here n there. yest dh told inlaws abt us moving out (we hadnt told till now) they were surprised that my dad let us move out but then they took it well.

All girls, hope you are doing well. will write to each of you later.. I am feeling so drowsy now.

3. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

oh BTW, did Raj deliver already? wow! how do I get to see baby's pic?

4. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hi all

Back here after few days. Weekend ran past me and I am now left yearning for another one .... just 2 more days to go.

We need to start preparing for A's ayush-homam, but do not have any time. Any idea where I can get good pattu pavadais ..RmKV?

Pon - Are you celebrating the Ayushhomam here in Chennai? Atleast you don't need to stitch dresses for boys ...:thumbsup

AD - Take care. Good that your ILs took things in the right spirit.

I got some notification from the IT dept saying I have to pay 1.5 lakhs :rant.......... I am very worried and I need to check it out. THe helpline number doesn't work :((

5. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Hello Girls,

In a better mood today! M was super naggy yesterday and i was left exhausted by 9pm....DH was late:)bonk).. and this girl refused to sleep till 11pm.Finally i fed her to sleep around 11.10pm and then I slept like a log.

Pon - I made her wear a new frock. thats it.. no pavadai though she already has 2 pattu pavadais yet to be stitched.Ohh Vishal is turning one year...WOW!! Hows the prep going on?

Nitha - Yeah DH is better today.Thanks for asking.

AD- Dear hugs to you.Take care.There is a terrible flu doing rounds.All @ DH's work place are sick with cough and fever.Your trip sounds wonderful.Glad you had a nice time.Good luck with the move.

Yeah i have the same Q too... did Raj deliver already???

Ramya - How did your MG pooja go?? 2 more weeks to go for completing this years.Mine went on well.
    Regd Pattu Pavadai....My SIL vouches for Palam silks.Its near pondy bazaar.You get lovely ones in Nalli too. Mylapore will also be a better bet (RASI).
    Ramya, i too got notification from IT dept and that number doesn't work....I have to pay like 9K...dunno why....I have submitted proofs.In fact I e-filed for me and DH...and for him its fine :rantDH also said that one of his colleague's wife works for our company and she got noticfication too...I'm seriously thinking that our guys have done some blunder in submitting proofs :drowning Have to figure out....

Take care all...

6. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Aishu - Pooja went on fine. Posted some pics on ggrups.
    WIll check Palam and Nalli and let you know.

7. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Ramya, just some months back, we were posting back to back in LO NOT SLEEPING thread, and now, we are talking about ayushomams one by one. Days fly soooooo fast !
    Aishu, Ramya, do you do the pooja in saree everyday?
    Aishu, i miss those frilly frilly baby frocks you know? How many types S had? This boy all the time in tops and trousers/pants, soo boring!
    Moms of boys, come on, gimme tips on how to get dresses for them! Am banging my head hard, for his Bday! I got one dress on panchahatcham type! Any other models?
    Nitha, yess you escaped from saree :)
    AD, hows your health? TC, Raj delivered baby 3 or 4days ago, her DH gave the news in FB :)
    Ramya, I always feel weekend ran ahead me :)) We will be shopping next thursday for sis's wedding, give me reco's for pavadai. I want to get one for DD :)

Bye girls :)

8. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

hey thanks Aishu, Ramya n Pon..

I am left with cough n cold.. LO has fever cold n cough.. Doc says it is normal viral flu.. by tomm he will be alright. hopefully.. he is soooo tired.

Aishu, Ramya, I too like pavadais is RMKV n Rasi silks. do stitch their blouses little differently, give a cute neckline or give a cap sleeve instead of half sleeves.. you must have already given it a thought.. anyways suggesting..

Pon, my sis's DS is completing 1 yr this Sept 2nd. same age as Vishal.. he wore a dress for his star birthday early this week.. he looked like a modern little krishna.. he wore a golden (not the guardy type) top + Maroon with gold border dhoti. I dont have his snap now.. but I picked this pic (attached) from net to tell you how to remodel this outfit to make the one that my nephew wore..

Attached Files:

9. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

AD - Nice outfit. Pon, why don't you try it on V?

Checked out the website for Palam Silks ...looks good. I will need to get something this weekend so that I have enough time to stitch.

Rant time - There is some problem with SIL-BIL .... and they have a long face. I know it is nothing to do with us, but still, it spoils my time and my family time...... :(((

10. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Ad; hope you and P are getting better. I liked that outfit. As Pon mentioned the choices of boys are pretty less :))

Ramya; do not bother abt the prbms which are not directed towards or caused by you. If we start worrying about all the things and mood swings around us; when will we enjoy :)) Did you check with IT dept??

-Nitha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.