1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

SS,

yes i'm super busy with guests:) i'll take another 2 weeks after they leave this week-end to recover completely.

well the trip was good but way too hectic. for us living here and having seen we want to take it a bit easy. with 2 kids it's impractical and impossible to do everything in those 3-4 days. there are eating, pottying, relaxing breaks. but for someone coming from india it's the other way round. it's not easy to balance:) we've now learnt to let go of few things that includes sight-seeing but it's not the case with everyone you see. ah well i can't rant anymore for privacy reasons:)

i'm down with sore throat ever since travelling in the underground trains in berlin. they smell of petrol/kerosene sooooo bad that i got into sneezing, blocked nose and now throat infection.

2. YesBee

YesBee Bronze IL'ite

:waveHello girls,

Wish you all belated Onam wishes.

How are you all ? How was the weekend ? DD and myself are again down with cold, cough and sore throat :-( This time it is because of the climate change I guess. I managed to upload the remaining photos:hiya during the weekend. It did take a lonngggg time. But I completed it:)

SS, Thanks for your compliments on DD and for giving nice words to me too :lol:

Nitha, What is special for the Onam ? Were you able to make it up to the pooja on that day ?

V, How was your busy weekend ? Did you wear your mallu saree today ?

Sindhu, Hope you were able to make it up to the Onam lunch celebrations. How was it ?

Aishu, Read in other thread that M is sleeping better for the two days. So hope among all the pooja and regular house hold chores, you were able to take rest.

Latha, Same pinch on the sore throat and cold. It is damn irritating to get this cold often :-( Relax and login to IL whenever you think of relaxing:)

Hi to all other mommies.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  3. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Onam wishes girls, how are you all?

Aishu, same pinch, no maid, DH was glued to comp, loads and loads of work :) Menu sounds superb, claps girl :) Even i wore saree, DS kept giggling at me, often :)
    YesBee, let me chk the pics :) Health vibes :) I do tulsi+chitharathai (a pinch) tea when i get severe cold/cough.
    Latha, get well soon :)
    Sindhu, Nitha, how did the Onam sadhya go? Did you wear saree?
    V, coming up with new kitchen ideas?
    Ss, hows LO?
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

4. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Onam celebration was nice. My work finished around 10:30 so I was able to go to the lunch. There was a concert in the evening and I wore the Kerala saree to that. Lunch was good, full fledged feast (on plate though)...

5. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Sindhu - tahts great that you were able to enjoy a proper feast - even if there was no leaf. Do you like eating on leaves? I still have trouble with eating rasam and payasam off a leaf :-( I'm always the one who asks for a cup/spoon for the payasam and I eat it after the meal - like dessert.

Bhavani - no i didnt wear the saree; had to attend a function (the puberty ceremony) of a relative and so had to wear a "nice sari" to work instead as I had to go there straight from hospital. Are you and LO feeling better now?

Pon - I ahvent started thinking yet. Waiting to get the house handed over to us first so I can look at it properly. Got the architect and engineer lined up - only waiting for handover now.

Latha - so you had a good time (sorry didnt have time to write on the ggroups thread) in spite of all the problems? Raj's baby looks so cute na?

I've not been feeling too cheerful these past few days so I think I'll lie low on IL (and ggroups) for a while. Have a few issues I need to work on /sort out ; hopefully will get through this by the end of the week. Have a good week everyone!

V.

6. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

hi girls,

me back to dublin after a long two month holiday......am feeling extremely homesick,,specially with no one to talk to here,,,not in a very high spirit as well...will be peeping on and off here...guess it will tale sometime for me to settle ..

wishing you all a lovely week ahead..take care all mommies..

7. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Arathi; Welcome back :)) Yep. it will take some time for you and LO to get adjusted!!
    V; still people are having puberty ceremony ?? :)) I love taking payasam banana leaf :) Hope you settle the issues soon!!
    Sindhu; our local mallu group has org. onam function mid-september. Glad that you all had a great time :))
    Pon; No I didn't wear saree. I am pretty handicap in saree. I have worn saree just 7 times in my life (including my wdding and reception). Saree doesn't suit me; I look unpropotional ;)

-Nitha

8. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

hey ladies,

me on a short break with DH, guests and DS away in Swiss. only me and princess home. the cleaning lady is here making my life easier... she's a blessing:) i finished all ironing this morning and feeling sooooo relieved.

y'day, for the first time in my married life, woke up early for avani avittam and made traditional lunch. i'm trying to get up early and all that but i feel exhausted by 4 pm itself:(

Aarthi,

welcome back... i saw your pics on fb... so glad you had a fab fab time back home. a well deserved break:) ahhh the grind of getting back to routine.. it's so hard but we'll do it.. don't worry:)

V,

hugs hugs... take care. on the good things - i'm seeing the silver lining so it keeps me in peace:)

in berlin we went to one of the zoos. it was really superb. i loved the monkey section. they had like 20 species and most of them had babies. it's soooo cute to watch the little ones in action. they are so exactly like human babies. there was one in particular that stole my heart... he/she was running behind all the adults, swinging on them, pulling their tails... it was soooo sweet. DD had the best fun showing me all the 'babies'. DS was telling me 'they do like what we do'. and we also petted some goats, sheep, horse.. 4 hrs of fun:)

9. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Girls,

A biiig hiii to all of you....logged in real quick.. M is on nagging spree from morning....shes completely off moods.. dunno what now:bonk
    I had been busy yesterday with avani avittam,Mangal gowri pooja...aaahh all on same day.Thankfully DH took a day off since he was a bit unwell...nasty cold.Hope he gets well soon.Hes on antibiotics anyway.

V - HUGS
    Latha - the zoo sounds so much fun :) good going.enjoy.
    Sindhu -Hope you had a blast.
    Nitha -hope u had a blast on onam...
    Aarthi -welcome back.

Rest ...........hi and take care :)

10. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Girls, Sep 3rd is V's ayushomam, we havent got his dresses yet! DD stayed home today too, for the rains. SHe is too lousy, she wants SCHOOL!

Aishu, what did manu wear? pavadai?
    Nitha, ohh i thought every woman will look superb in saree, isnt it? Esp mallus in their traditional saree? Am hearing this first time, from a malayale. Sorry if am wrong, but thats what my little GK(!) says :)
    Sindhu, i love vazhayelai saapadu ! That reminds, we will do it tomo itself, why wait for an occasion?
    V, :thumbsup
    Aarthi, Welcome back dear :) We are all there, to chitchat, visit here or email often :)
    Latha, I want to go to the zoo now, zrrrrrrrrrrrrr :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.