1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

I have been quite errant about reading this thread or participating here. Can I blame K please for this :). Whenever I am here, K says amma dont talk to your friends talk to me ;-)
    SS That is sad and good. Good because you seem to be taking it well. I wish I had your resilience.
    CC, hope all of you are feeling much better now.
    Ramya, There is nothing I dislike more than to wake up early for poojas. I have had my share of it since my husband's family believes in Brahmamuhurtham or whatever that unholy 3 am thing is ;-). Have you tried a sleep bag with A? I cannot recall if you have done that - or is it the only thing you have not done ;-)
    SB, one missing mommy saying Hi back at ya.
    V, AD -enna ore nesting instinct-a? Nice, nice. But seriously, have fun.
    I mostly dont get any internet time anymore. DH is doing a lot of work from home (preparing for his classes) and has effectively evicted me from the comp ;-). I am missing out on a lot of talk here - will catch ya ladies another time. May the sun shine down on Chennaites and the rest of you, have a great week.

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

SS - house is in erode, independant house on 3200 sq ft land with ground + first floor . One bedroom (and living, dining, kitchen) on ground floor and hall + 3 bedrooms on the first floor. We dont need so many bedrooms so plan to convert 1 upstairs bedroom into a study/library. Thank you for the wishes.

Krithi - oh yes, nesting big time. I can finally hit those home stores with a vengeance :)

V.

3. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Hi ya Girls,

Logged in here real quick to a hiii to all of you....Rant later...M's sleep regression is at its peak..

V,Sindhu,CC - Mangal gowri pooja is done for the first 5 years after marriage.Rest of the ladies do swarna gowri vrath(every year) which will come along with Vinayagar chaturthi.
    Exact reason for why only 5 years not known.. will check with GMIL.

I'm totally sleep deprived.. so will take a Zzzzzzz when M is .....
    bye now girls..

4. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Krithi - Little A hates it if I wrap her ...sleep bag, i tried but never worked for me. As for poojas, I am ok with morning provided the night is peaceful. MIL must have wondered at my 'bhakti' with my eyes shut and hands folded in prayer .... I dreamt of God ;)))

Aishu - welcome to the M.Gowri pooja club !!!... I too have one more year to go yay!! ....In my case, I do the pooja while MIL helps me sets up the things How I wish A n M play ....I am so longing for a sleep ...

V - Very happy for you. When we bought our flat, I was lost as to what all I need to do ....so hit the shops !!

CC/PV/V - I so want to sleep, but DD never goes to anyone when she is cranky :((

Bavani/SS - My native is also 'supposedly' somewhere near T.Veli, but I have never been there and I call myself a 'Chennaiite' ONLY.

At home today,but on calls from office. A is kind of gassy and she vomitted 2-3 times since morning. She doesn't want to eat and wants to BF. DH back tomorrow and I so wish I can take a day off and cook for him and A ...well the new proposal at office is due on Friday and so there is no chance :((

5. YesBee

YesBee Bronze IL'ite

V, I have uploaded the B'day party pictures. Thought of uploading few more from her ear-piercing and ayushomam functions. But still not done:hide: The net connection at home is worse and I am not able to sit there for long hours. At work place, upload/download is not allowed. So it is not done yet. Will have to try during the weekend.

Sindhu, How are things at work place ? How are P and V doing ?

Pon, Busy mom...how are the plans going on for various functions ?

CC, I would be happy to help you with any details which I know of. Shoot your questions :)

SS, It was a nice and unique way to enjoy the moment with a dinner. Cool...looks like some of us are from the same home town.

Tikka, Do peep in here often to say Hi. Tell Kiran that we requested a frequent Hi atleast:)

Ramya, I visit Tirunelveli only during the school/college vacations or during family functions. My DH is from different place but did his BE there. He used to comment that he would have stayed there for more days than me:)

Aishu/Ramya, Sending lots of sleep dust for both of you and your kids.

Hi to all other mommies.

6. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    Am tired today with the monthly visitor turning in late and it is exhausting.

V, the house from what you describe looks big. Have fun decorating every part of it. More fun organizing stuff...

Tikka, How's Kiran doing? What exam is DH gonna write?

Ramya, How's A doing?

Aishu/Ramya, So is this Mangal Gowri Pooja to do with Varalakshmi Vratham thats coming up? I've been abroad every year and am yet to start the vratham. Apparently everytime I visit India, it happens to be a tamil month in which you cannot start the pooja.

YesBee, I've sent you a friends request and only after you approve I guess I will be able to see your photos.. So please do.. :)

I have been taking DD to the nearby park everyday these days. Just barely a month of summer left here and want to make use of it. She seems to be enjoying and I think she is hungry after the play session and eats 'relatively' better ..(imagine 2 spoons to 0 spoons.. LOL)

Looks like many a girls here are busy for in the past two days there has not been much activity here.. Gals.. come on..

7. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

hi SS, bavani, Pon, Tikka, V, Sindhu, Aishu n Ramya.. hope you all are doing well.

V, heary congratulations on big time nesting in a big place heheehee.. next time I even come close to erode, I am going to drop into your house for a day stay.. ok va?

Sindhu, hope everything is going well with you..

Aishu/ Ramya - sending lots and lots of sleep dust your way.. when the baby is sleeping during the day time, dont miss the chance.. take a deep slumber n SLEEEEEPP.. Hugs to you mommies and sleepless mommies.

Ramya, so with DH coming tomm, are you planning to hand over A to him during the night and get some sleep??

SS, sorry abt that news on the work front. it is sad but I like your spirit.. you are a sport. all the very best for the interviews.. I am sure you will find something interesting.. hope DD is having a good time with all your attention.

Charu, hope you all are feeling a lot a better. back on toes? is A on summer vacation? abt my avatar - thanks CC.. thats me and DH. he will make fun of me if he knows I am still a teenage lover somewhere inside me ;)))

Tikka, yep nesting big time it is.. hows K doing?

you know sometimes we get this feeling of 'THIS should last forever..' I am in one of those keeping fingers crossed phase.. I, for the first time, stood firm on my decision (apart from my decision to marry DH) against my dad (initially) to move out and things are moving as expected. dad informed the tenants to move out in 2 months.. me and DH have planned to buy certain things like fridge, TV, etc.. we found out some decent models worth the price and within our capacity now.. we cannot go beyond whats our capacity now as this change was not expected.. hmmm yes we are nesting big time :)))

btw, my mom left yesterday to our home town and she has taken P along.. the rest of us are leaving tomm. she had been telling me she wants to take P along with her.. I told her not to take him.. but last evening I said fine.. and here I was at work suddenly feeling so empty thinking of P going away without me.. I was in no mood to go home as P is not there.. and when I went hom late, I felt soooo empty without P around.. suddnly I felt unmarried :( my DH and me were blinking.. didnt know how to kill time.. slept like a log for 4 hrs only and I feel I overslept! on the other hand, P was so happy to travel.. my mom and her sis went with P.. so two grandmoms with him.. the rest sharing the coubey in train was another big family travelling to the same town and there was a kid looking identical to P, his age and yes same school (diff branch though).. so they had a ball of a time.. this morning they reached home and he doesnt want to talk to me on phone for 2 mins.. he was busy with some toys there.. ahh forgot this part - last night he didnt let my mom share the birth with him.. he clearly said, he wants to sleep on the full birth - alone! so mom had been trying to sit up and then put him on her tummy.. then he says 'amma, buttons are hurting me, remove it.. ahhh apparently it was her blouse buttons :)) ofcourse she didnt remove it.. so thats how the night was for her.. BTW, my brith place is Tenkasi.. I sooo love the place, very close to my heart.. yes me too visit there every year during summers, or Courtallam season time..

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  8. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

AD - P seems to be having a great time! Why didnt you and DH use the "us" time you got? But I know what you mean - the house alwys feels empty without the children! As for visiting - please come anytime. Function in your native place? Have a good time!

Ramya - hope you get some sleep atleast over the weekend when your DH is around.

SS - you seem to be enjoying being an SAHM!

Bhavani - will check out your photos as soon as I get a little time.

We found an architect from nearby who has agreed to come and look at the house after we get the keys. Hopefully he will be able to help me make the most out of it. Otherwsie its life a susual - got a busy weekend with a few functions coming up....

V.

9. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Girls,

I came running here to share a good news..aaahhhh wait wait .. don't jump into conclusions :crazy
    My mixie small jar burst-ed off yesday while grinding for kootu.. so i had no choice than to feed M with mashed apple...(P.S: she had texture issues)...but i took a chance and she gobbled it up...So again as a chance today i tried dhal+rice with lil salt and whee bit ghee.........and EUREKAAAAAAAAAAA.. she ate it without a fuss....

I'm on cloud nine!!!!

Will come back here agin later.. till then bye!

10. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Thanks for asking everyone, work is ok, not great but going on. Still looking to move but things are very slow. But that is just one part of life, so it is fine.

P had "Bollywood dance day" at preschool yesterday. They were supposed to have splash day but since it was raining and temps were lower they changed plans. The good thing of having an indian teacher and 6-7 indian kids in class! All indian kids wore indian outfits and rest of the girls wore dance outfits and they all had a blast. P wore a kurta and jeans.

V peed for the first time in the baby potty yesterday, so I am really excited. He has been watching his brother on the big potty and P was teaching him "potty, potty" and he says "poppy" :)

K, peek in when you can.

AD, looks like P is having a ball. Use your couple time and do something fun ;-)

Aishu, yay for M - use the opportunity and feed her whatever she will eat!

S-s, summer is going to be gone in another month here as well. It is already getting cooler which is a relief from the record heat but still.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.