1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings -- Season 4

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Hey Girls, went to meet Chitramma today!!!

Shibu went to her smiling and was talking to her seriously... :)))

Please see here for the picture...

Vidyaa

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

hey ladies,

the bread didn't disappoint me at all. i'll try to click pictures later today. it had a good crust and chewy, soft inside. i'm really proud that i made a yeasted bread with good result. DS didn't like it that much.. can understand. he prefers the soft bun types. this bread had whole wheat flour+rye flour+all-purpose flour... no fat, no sugar. so you can understand the taste... sort of rustic. good thing i've about 2 cups of pumpkin puree and have bookmarked a cranberry-pumpkin quick bread recipe.

Vidya,

saw Shibu all smiling and at ease with Chithramma. really sweet:)

Payal,

hope i too learn driving soon. I learnt (you know how one can get license in India!) before our journey to France. and drove there for a month or so. now to drive in germany i have to take both theory and practical exams all over again. and it costs pretty much a lot. but i must before DS turns six. if he goes to international school then it's a good 40km drive. they do have school bus but for emergency it's better to drive.

Latha

3. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

hi girls
    happy sunday...
    thanx raj and latha...
    lifes is great in the navy..
    my hubby os on an off shore posting so luckily no sailing for now...
    this age gap was properly planned and worked out..
    inface i find it easy now.
    sahana is so caring and loing to her younger brother.
    she dosrnt let strangers near him...
    she insists tat i feed him if he cries..
    no jelaousy..
    im relieved..

4. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

vidya nice that you met her.
    im waiting for my day

5. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Girls, All replies later.

Latha, I have this oven with me.
    Onida
    Can I bake in this? How do you preheat? Give me a simple receipe and steps for a first time baking project? All your posts on cakes and bakes tempt me :) Go back to your first first baking trials, what did you make? I want all those small teeny weeny steps too.

6. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Pon,

what you have is a stand-alone microwave... in simple terms it's not a combi oven-grill. You can start trying MW cakes from Chitvish recipes. I have made mw cake only once. to me it's a bit tricky since each MW cooks differently.

My first cake was a fruit cake (or christmas cake). I was obsessive about collecting recipes before marriage even though i didn't even boil water:( then an aunty - a wife of dad's friend - she was taking cake classes at home. i was the one and only student. i learnt but never tried her cakes after that. when i think back they were all the same buttery rich cake types and too expensive for me at that time:) but she taught me to make wonderful squash which i did religiously for 2 years with pineapple, lemon and grapes. i bought my first national oven - the round type with my diwali bonus and with that me and my brother made our first fruit cake for new year. our neighbour aunty then was a christian and they made lovely cakes for christmas. it was her recipe (sad i lost it). we borrowed cake pan from her and beat butter and sugar by hand... me, brother and mom. the cake was really good.. i still remember the fun. but soon after that due to voltage issues the oven conked.

then after marriage in singapore i used to spend a lot of time at the wonderful libraries. i noted down lots of recipes then too but since we had no oven i never baked. i started baking full fledged only in France. DH did his B-schooling there and i had wonderful friends from all over the world for company. and such great butter, eggs too... DH got me my first electric egg beater there which i still treasure. that's the story:)

Latha

7. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

ladies, a quick update from me before I tackle laundry.
    DS spends a day with the in-laws today and DH came back after dropping him. Called me indoors with a glass of nice lemonade - I was working on the yard - and asked the big question. "Are you serious about Manjari?" That's the name we had picked for our baby if it was a girl. Out of the blue. Yes, we are going to talk to the extended family now about this. And then register with an NGO. I am floating on air and somewhat lost for words.
    April 17, 2006 and Feb 7, 2010 - the most important dates in my life :-D
    Thanks to all of you who kept me in your thoughts when I spoke about talking to DH about adoption. Hugs.

8. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Oh Tikka, that is a real great news!!! Congrats...

BTW, how is K doing now? What abt the results?

Vidyaa

9. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Krithika, wow, that is good news! Good Luck on the talk with family! Little M will be one lucky girl. I will be praying for the process to go quickly.

Vidyaa, nice to see Shibu with Chitra Mami.

Pon baking fever?

10. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Ladies, Yesterday night it was soooooooooo difficult, whenever DD coughed, DS up! Whenever he cried for feeds, DD too cried! I slept for 2hrs total! Am exhausted, have given him hair wash today, hoping he would sleep well! I felt soooooooo low, without sleep, tired, all the time attending to one of the kids, without 5mins gap even. Just to divert myself, I started to think about my long time wish - baking :))) It indeed helped me to wind off to my own world, reading chitvish threads :))) For abt 20-30mins :))

Vidyaa, Woww i saw Shibu finally, cutie cutie, smiling with Chithra maami :) Where is she located? Nearby your place? Next time, call me too, i love to visit her :)) Esp, I want to peep in her kitchen :)))))

Tikkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Wowwwiiieeee, I hope, wish, pray do everything for you, this should materialise soon! We had to drop our plan only coz our extended family, DH's side were NOT OK. Manjari, now I know how much eager and serious you guys are, with the name :)) Did you talk to lil K? Or planning to do whenever it happens? God bless you :)) Thats sooooooo nice of DH, calling you in, with a lemonade, BTW what happened on the other date? 4yrs back?

Latha, Thankyou, for writing in your baking stories :) I am going to ask Chitra mam, how to bake in microwave :)) I really wish DH could have been there, only weekends i sleep better. I will update once i do some baking :) May be we both can start on driving, we will see in another year, who drives first :) Remind me often Latha, I am good in making plans, resolutions, good in forgetting them too :rotfl Claps for your diet-bread :)

Aparna, My cousin brother is with Indian Navy, officer cadre :) I have heard volumes of sailing stories from him :))) How are kids doing?

Sindhu, your list - i started craving too, along with Raj :))
    Yess i love screaming with kids :)) Yessssssssss Latha is often driving me into baking fever.

DS up! Bye

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.