1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings -- Season 4

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Welcome Aparna and Raji!

Sindhu - such a pity about the homam. Are you going to reschedule it?

V.

2. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

Thanx vanathi

nice to hear baby murmuers..
    im just waiting for sahana to do all such things..
    but shes more a daddy's girl!!

3. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Hello all,

At this rate we will go to Season 5 and 6 very soon - can't keep with you all.

Pon, have you tried petroleum jelly? P & V both have mild eczema, petroleum jelly works very well - apply generously right after bath so that it traps the moisture and keeps skin soft. I like how your DD offers to brush after eating chocolates - I have to insist that with P. How is DD now? Unfortunately they sometimes do share things, right? can't help it.

Payal, I have two boys - 4 & 1. I work in the IT industry, in project/program management. It is nice how your DS offers to check on DD. So cute... My two used to go to the same daycare but a few months back they closed the infant program due to some zoning changes (need to have an exit that opened to the outside) so they closed it and I moved LO to a home-daycare.

Raj, what a beautiful love story! And you must all be so pround of each other... Even homegeneous marriages run into so many issues, you deserve a big hurray for your marriage!

Krithika, yay for you - winnish so much praise from all in laws Hey I love my food processor, I now make chapathis only using FP - they come out so soft. I also mix in a lot of veggies so I don't really need a side dish, just some dal or raita. (earlier DH used to be the ultimate chapathi dough kneader :))

Rekha, Laya is such a beautiful name. I type up all responses in Notepad and then copy-paste...

Lynnette, have a good vacation!

Vanathi, so sweet of Aadhu. P floored me the other day by saying "Mommy, you look pretty"... :)

Aparna, Raji, welcome...

Gowri, I made paal payasam. Yest to see your pictures - will do that soon.

Here we are snowed in. Snow started yesterday morning at 10 AM and is set to continue until 10 PM tonight. So far it is about 25 inches, another 5-9 inches until it finishes. So we are just cooking, eating and watching TV. So far it looks like its the record for this area, we may have to stay home even on Monday if roads are not cleared.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  4. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Oh....already 5 pages...will read and comment soon. Thanks to all your lovely comments for Aditi. :)

As Sindhu said... we too are cooking, eating and watching TV here !!

Thought of sharing the snow storm snaps with you all.

Attached Files:

5. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Raj...Oh, Happy to see another Delhiwala here !! I was there for more than 6 years working....stayed in west Delhi area (Vikas puri). Its more like my second home. Missing those wonderful days !!
    Raj.. read your life ..wow ! Had goosebumps... really wonderful parents ! Regards to them. Wishes to you and Brian too ! :)

Ponlatha.. .How is your daughter now ? Take care of them. Could understand your position...staying alone with 2 kids. You are amazing girl !

Nitha... How is Chinnu now ? Praying for chinnu and Pon's daughter's speedy recovery.
    Lots of love to them.

Krithika... thanks dear. It was taken when I took out for diaper change and put her back in her car seat !! What a expression, isn't ??
    Ummini kozhukattai .... here you go, check this : http://www.indusladies.com/forums/miscellaneous-recipes/36317-virtual-feast-5.html#post467013

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/m...316-virtual-feast-comments-32.html#post468389

will come back for additional comments....:)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  6. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

ahhh Gowri. I saw the green light on but you went offline before i got over with my dinner:) basically i wanted to ask you what indian side-dish to do with leek:) i remember you had mentioned somewhere in the VF thread but can't find it. i bought it for soup but don't think the family would enjoy that.

Welcome Aparna.. you've really young children. do you find it easy to manage with this age gap? how is life with husband away most of the time?

girls... i will reply you all later. DH standing impatiently for the laptop:)

update on my bread saga: i made the silliest mistake a cook can... i made pumpkin puree and forgot to strain it. the bread dough was soooo damn sticky and i didn't understand why at all. i was also scared to add more flour. then finally realised it was the water in the puree:bonk how stupid! anyways added a little bit more flour and now the dough is resting for the final doubling. i do hope it turns out well. DS helped me and is looking forward to a 'great bread'

wishing you all a fab sunday:)

Latha

7. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Sorry dears... Laptop busy, I hardly gets my time !! :)

Rekha,Aparna..
    Welcome here. Nice to read your love stories dear.

Pon..
    How is shalini now ? Take care of your kids. Love and hugs to you.

Raji...
    Welcome here.

Vanathi..

So sweet of Aadhu. Love to him.

Sindhu..
    How are you ? Enjoying indoors ?! I hardly touched the laptop today.

Latha...
    About leek... you can use it as onion (it is like a cousin to onion :biglaugh)
    I used to put in pasta and in sambar (after sauteing). You can try making soup with potato+tomato and leek.

8. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Krithika, give me all the credit you want but the truth is you need to be given a big pat on your back for the courage and taking the initiative to talk with your in-laws! And good for them that they listened. Doesn't it feel really good to be appreciated by your in-laws? Kudos to you, girlie. Good job, and I am so happy for you! :) And about FPs, I love mine. I have a Cuisinart and the best thing I like about it is that it kneads doughs for paranthas.

Rekha, here's what I do about replying. I open IL in two windows, set one for typing my reply, and read the posts on the other. Three days of wedding, wow! We did an Indo-American fusion wedding with our own vows, mangalsutra, mehendi, toe rings, I wore a lehenga but in white and the wedding was officiated by a Pastor. Brian and I came up with the whole wedding program and chose what we wanted to do.

Latha, your mothers sounds like a wonderful lady. And about the issue on bindi, if your hubby doesn't mind then don't wear it! Don't worry about your MIL, she doesn't live with you. If you go around looking for everyone's approval, you'll never get to do what you want. You are not doing anything illegal or hurting anyone. In my case though, it's just the opposite I wear bindis all the time, no matter what I wear. I just feel closer to my roots when I wear my bindi, and now Riya is getting interested and she wants to wear them too when we go out. Just because you don't want to wear a bindi doesn't make you any less of a wife or a Hindu!!

Aparna, welcome aboard. Does your husband travel a lot being in the Navy? Do you have family around? Enjoy the time at your mom's house.

Vidya, I am glad your husband was considerate enough to bring a change in the marriage. I don't like when Brian travels either. It gets too lonely and the day especially the evening stretches on and on...

Pon, I am so glad it's just a throat infection. How did the night go?

Raji, welcome to you too. If you need some suggestions on the diet during loosies, check out the food section here. You'll find some good resources for diet during diarrhea. Hope your baby feels better soon.

Vanathi, what a cutie Aadhu is. These three sweet guys in IL - Aadhu, Aniish and Kiran - they make me want a boy next. All their stories and antics are so heartwarming to read. :)

Sindhu, heard that you got snowed in! Stay warm. When is the homam?

Gowri, I lived in south Delhi (R.K. Puram) area. My parents still live there. :) For all its quirkiness, pollution and craziness, I miss Delhi too.

Latha, I still haven't wandered into the world of yeast bread, will check that site out. I hope the bread turns out good though.

Raj

9. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

I am jumping with joy tonight. Riya pretended to read her book before bedtime tonight. :) She 'read' Noah's ark today from start to finish. Most of it was memorization, and some if it she made up from the photos, but just seeing her go through a book from start to finish made her bookworm mommy happy.

Oh, and yesterday she stood on her little chair and reached out to the ceiling and said, "I am going to get you a piece of sky, mommy", and then she pretended to pluck a piece and handed one to me and Brian and then put one in her pocket. The girl cracks me up.

I have been craving for cardamom (of all the things to crave!) for a while now. Last time when I was feeling a little better, I baked some banana muffins with a cardamom streusel topping. It was good, and now the craving is back again and I don't even feel like baking or cooking. :( Grrrr....

10. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

We have been home-bound for the second day today. But I'm not regretting it, I cooked, and cooked and cooked (Sorry Raj, if I don't talk about food, can't say anything, coz I haven't done much else for the past two days) - Adai, payasam, paneer pakora, veg chapati - yesterday and today upma, a full lunch, and paruppu vadai. Phew!

The kids are having a fun time playing together. At one point they were having a scream fest and I couln't stop them, so decided to join them, - we pretended to be tigers and screamed away to glory.

Raj, what a wonderful wedding idea! Yay to Riya for reading!

Gowri, Aditi looks a big girl. Take care, before you know it she will be 1 :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.