1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings -- Season 4

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Raj that's truly romantic and a sheer blessing in every way:) You know I always wondered about you being born a bram and then talking about the sunday service, bible study but never dared to ask you:) hope you don't mistake me for telling this.

I studied for 5 years in a christian school in tirunelveli. I was part of the school choir. My mom was very cool about it; dad not sure but he never expressed it in any negative way. But i remember my uncles telling my mom to change me to a hindu school. We used to do prayer for less privileged fellow students and i naturally shared all those stories with my cousins; that kind of flared up a controversy. Amma always taught us not to mock or doubt someone's else belief. She used to even attend prayer meetings at our neighbours' when she had difficult times with dad. that doesn't mean she thought bad about the hindu philosophy. she felt it gave her solace. thanks for letting me remember about my mom's good nature... as she gets old she is a bit child-like these days. always saying the same thing and it does get on my nerves. but i tell myself to think of her youth when she was such a charming lady.

on a sad note... when my MIL visited us DH and me agreed that i'd continue not to wear bindhi when i go out. he had told his mom about that. but she taunted me everyday that i converted to christianity and brought shame on their family. it was a comment i couldn't ignore... she'd say that until i broke down. some pleasure she sought by making me cry and feel helpless! well those thoughts i'm trying hard to bury but not possible yet:)

so girls.. got a bit carried away after reading Raj's tale of love. DS woke up with some tiny rashes on his face last night. i changed the pillow cover, bed sheet at 1 am and then gave him an anti-allergic medication. thankfully the doc had prescribed one y'day, just in case (because of his eye swelling). then the little one woke up... such an awful night. thank god today is saturday so no rush. DS is alright now and has gone out with his dad to buy a shoe-rack. today being saturday we can't do drilling beyond 4. once they return i'll go on my shopping trip.

I've set the sour-dough starter in action. it's basically a mixture of bread flour+yeast+water. the pumpkin is getting baked. i'm going to try a pumpkin-raisin bread:)

Krithika sweetie,

it's true that DH gets less nagging thanks to this thread. thank you so much for telling such nice things about me. when i sit back and think can't believe that i write about parenting and stuff... may be i got some talent there;)

i had called amma y'day and she still feels bad about not offering some biscuits to K:)

okay i'm gonna start the day. rasam is on the menu...

Latha

2. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

hello ladies...
    i love this thread/
    other ones were too far for me to catch up.
    let me join here.
    well...
    im Aparna, married to Saravanan working in INDIAN NAVY.
    Mother of Sahana 1.7yrs and Vaibhav 47 days old...
    busy mom....
    basically from chennai and living in cochin.
    now in chennai..
    came here last week...
    still settling down..
    Vaibhav is due for his first dose of vaccine..
    should check up wid the doc...

will keep meeting often
    bye for now.. :)

3. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

This thread is piking up speed.
    nice reading all ur stories...

Nothing much from me to tell.
    it was all a normal arranged marriage..

4. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Raj, it enjoyed rading your romantic story... Ours was totally different. DH's uncle n my aunt are friends. so once they both spoke about us and asked our opinions, I was ok as I know him for quite sometime and was working with him for few months.
    I had few concerns which i wanted to get clarified before marriage. I thought he would say a no for what i asked him but surprisingly he said a yes and I was so happy.. and I am still proud of him...As we knew eachother before wedding and had enuf time between engagement and marriage it can be said as L marriage.. :))))

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  5. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Dh has gone Coorg with his team mates.. It is really boring without him...

Pon, how is shalini now?

Vidyaa

6. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Ladies, Temp shooted up to 103.6C around 10am. We were soo worried. But she asked for milk, halfway thru, she puked everything out. After that she felt a lot better, we gave calpol syrup, fever came down, she is back to the active self. Took her to the paed anyway, slight throat bug. Paed told her, to be away from DS, use a kerchief to cover up, whenever she coughs/sneezes/yawns. She is doing them with utmost care :)))))))))

Rajjjjjjjjj, this is a superb story. I would want to be like your parents, respecting children's ways. I dono whether I would be one over time, but I wish to be one :)))

Rekha, Aparna, Welcome, nice to read your stories :)))))))
    Vidyaa, yours tooooooooooo :)))))))

Tikka, Wowwwiiieee i jump whenever somebody says am a good parent :)) Starting a school, I have another like minded friend, she stays at Virugambakkam, my 9th,10th school mate. Her DH works with mine. We get along sooooo well, we were planning to start a school, we knew we would do well. DHs were ready to splurge money. But I had to move here for DD's school, she too joined work, we kinda left the idea. But anyday I am ready to start a playgroup or school, for kids below 4-5yrs. Thats been my calling and close to heart. Even my DD's school offered if I am ready to start up their franchise. I was actually humbled at the offer, coz I know how many line up there, with 10-20L cash. But they say NO, for all those business minded people. Once I was preggy with 2nd, her school head told me to sit tight at home, leave all those franchise ideas, even they refused to take me in as a teacher which they agreed on earlier, all coz they said, preggy period and the initial 1.5yrs, I got be there with the baby. As I have no other extended family support, nothing materialised :))))

More later, DS up!

7. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

thanx all.

pon latha, hope shes fine now...dont worry she will get better soon...

sahana playing around me. just managinf to type something..
    DS sleeping...

Im at mom's place so no worries about what to make for dinner etc....

sitting relaxed:thumbsup

8. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Ladies, DH is out of town, till Monday morning :(
    He just left, i have put both kids to sleep, dono for how long, this thread is my partner for the next 1day and 2nights :)) To stay there ladies, cheer me up! Earlier I had been alone only with DS, now with 2 kids, dono, may be i will manage this too! I have all the necessaries stocked, but nights, if DD coughs, DS would scream. And viceversa. I wish this doesnt happen! Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Give me some interesting links to read in the net, may be on kids health, education, etc etc.

9. gemini19

gemini19 New IL'ite

Hi All,

Me too new to this thread. Am Raji Magesh with 5 months old. My lil was having loose stools for past two days went to pead for vacination toady when i told him now he is normal and wat diet should i give him if this happens again he simply said bring the kid to me when i askd him wat if am out of station he said call me on that time :( ....

10. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Thats what Aadhu says too - when appa doesnt work then he says ennanga....just like me. Guess he thinks his appa will never ignore an ennanga :) The school is really nice taping stuff for parents. we have a few pics of A's school festivals too.

Have a good weekend too! Has this farm got animals and everything?

Wil look at it soon...

Thank goodness DH hasnt said anything like that yet - all hell would break loose :)

Hope she's better soon. Lots of viral things around. Maybe the rash was part of this?

[/quote]

And a very sweet story too...always wondered raj..now I know :)

Yay for you...doesnt it feel so good to have someone appreciate the great job you are doing?

Nitha - Like Raj and Tikka pointed out, allergies are one cause. Does anyone at home smoke? Thats another. Daycare (which you arent doing) is a third. Cant remember any others off-hand now. But if it recurs getting an allergy test might help.

Aadhu has taken to cuddling and 'konjifying' me so much lately - yesterday he kept pinching my cheeks and called me "chinna, azhagu paapa" with smacking kisses - I was touched and DH was so jealous!

V.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.