1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings -- Season 4

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Ok ladies - here's the next instalment....ready, get set...talk...

V.

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

ok i'll start the rant:) went to the paed and he has given some eye drops for the boy. some infection argghhhh. i don't know whether to pity myself or the kids who go through something or the other. good thing is atlast, today, the temperature is in positive. i can smell spring in the air:)

lost my cool again while buying lunch. both kids are such a nag, EVERYWHERE! if i tell DH this, his standard comment would be 'then prioritise and do things without them':rant

i was ready-to-strangle mad at the boy today. he wants to buy some sweetie everywhere we go, even at the pharmacy:( i tried all logic, please, threats. finally i made him throw the sweetie in the dustbin. i don't feel good at all but i want him to know that he must listen. i'm really at a loss.

they have this fixed snack time, drink time at the kindergarden and i try to mimic that at home too. like around 10 i keep a plate with cut fruits, some cheese and couple of cookies. then an hour later fruit yogurt. what else can a mom do? i hate the demanding tone with which he asks for a candy. don't know how to set him right. i'm not saying 'no' at all.... he can have but in moderation and as a dessert. today i realised he doesn't eat any single vegetable. at school he eats the lunch without any trouble. i never liked things like brinjal, bitter gourd, beans with strings not properly removed as a kid. but this one is really bad. i have tried letting him stay hungry even. Oh God just give me a little more patience to sail through the day. i'll be a good girl tomorrow:(

and the little one.... we were at the line at farmer's market. she had her bread in hand. see i'm always prepared! then exactly when it's my turn she starts this unbearable wail:drowning the vege lady gives her a carrot, a slice of apple nothing works. my head spinning i quickly buy my veges and then pay the bill... voila she stops the wail. i tell you i'm cursed.

L

3. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hey ladies ..... i love reading this thread.
    Please do not mind if I don't reply to all of your comments. LO is keeping me really busy these days.
    Arthi/Tikka - Cannot agree more with u on parenting. I have also begun to take things easy. There are many things that DH's grandma does, which were probably ok during the age when women never read anything and took what elders had to say. It needs a lot of home work between me & DH to fix one issue and sometimes I lose my patience.
    Pon - Its not wrong to ask for a hug, but yes, sometimes I also feel as though I am the only one who is jobless and earning for a hug. I think it is because I have no work now and my concentration is just on DD and DH !!
    Tikka - Your friend, S, definitely needs to be counselled. First, she need not worry abt her what her friends talk. She has left her job for a reason and lives on an understanding with her husband. How a husband and wife live financially is between them. Better, she can make new friends as u said
    Latha - You are doing a great job managing the kids. I am proud of you. You DS was such a cute kid that day !!
    Keep your cool. Tomorrow will be better
    Will write soon again

4. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

maybe I can join here? It was very difficult to catch up the old thread!

Well, I am Rekha, married to Viju, have a little one Laya. We are both from Kerala and are now in Kerala. I am not sure how much I can contribute to the thread, but will try to catch up as and when I can.

See you all..

5. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Latha, dont get angry on me when I say imagining A asking for a candy on demanding tone looks so cute to me! Not sure if I will feel the same when Shibu does that.
    Krithika, yes ofcourse she needs to get new friends.. IL can def help her I feel so.
    Sindhu, best wishes for homam...
    Arthi, just now I am reading the matter about copper-T.Cant help me from laughing aloud in the office...On reading this I got reminded of an old A joke..:))) I am now thinking to be very careful..

Vidyaa

6. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Ok Mommies, like Rekha, let me also try to catch up this thread with the same speed...

7. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

rekha, paddy.... just wait till it becomes another season 3 ;-) Good to have you ladies on board. Rums/Vidya/Vanathi: offer made. I do hope she takes it up. She is awesome, grounded person in a lot of ways. Another reason I am so surprised at her response.
    Ramya, I completely understand where you are now. Good luck with working it out with your husband.
    For those interested in Kiran-nama *holding a shot gun to those groaning* hear, hear :):He has now gotten into the habit of asking Why not? So here goes the conversation this evening when he was banging on the glass coffee table with a piece of shell. K, that is dangerous, the shell could break or the glass could break. Please play on your toy piano. Amma, why you saying it is dangerous? Because the glass can break, K and hurt you. Amma, but it is not breaking yet. K, give me the shell. Amma, why are you saying give me the shell. K, because you are doing something that can hurt you. Give me the shell. K, (frustrated) throws the shell on the sofa, looks at me with this look that knows he is going to be disciplined, stomps off to his room and says - I give Kiran a time out." *boggle, boggle*
    Three going on thirteen ;-) I tried to keep myself from laughing because I thought that was a learning moment for him to figure out how to handle his frustration.

8. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Gowri; Thanks for calling and checkin on Chinnu:) Hope Aditi has gotten better. Forgot to ask you about her. Totally engrossed with chinnu.
    Arthi;
    I don't know what the cause is. Our ped says some kids are like that. Whats that supposed to mean:( ( . I have asked my mom to ask our family doc.
    Dunno what happened to GIS thread. Hasn't checked it after the Ddate. I lost 3 pounds...only. But some thing is better. Yep; I am planning to work after coming to India, that is if someone employs me:)) else I will iron out my coat and gown and go to court. I don't need an employer for that:))) `
    Vanathi; any specific reasons for this recurring ear infection? She has cold, congestion; cough etc. Yesterday night she was sleeping on my face. I tried to pull her down towards my chest; but she kept crawling up towards face.
    Vidya; A big hurray for Shibu for scooting criss-cross. First crawling won't be perfect; after somedays they will master it. A few weeks earlier; chinnu was crawling to get something under the table and Jay was overwhelmed seeing it. Its been some time we had seen her crawling. Even she was marvelled at her act and with our laughing as her encouragement she crawled till bedroom. It was fun seeing it all re-enacted. Time does fly.
    Asha; does this seasort has a website? Do give more details whenever you get time
    Pon; Wow; it is so educative for kids. Nice that schools do intoduce such topics. Which schoo; does she go?
    Krithika; Posting in FB will add more spice to it. Do tell your friend not to do it. She should not react to these comments. What she and her family spent are their private things, why are others bothered so much about it; I wonder. Yeah; she does need more sensible; non-judging friends (or do you call them friends).
    Latha; Is Anish better today? Ohh yeah; kids and Dh knows how to irritate the hell out of us:( I was so looking forward for this weekend. But with chinnu's sickness and snow storm prediction, the mood and hopes for a good weekend has weared away
    Ramya; Its been long. I can understand. I sometimes think; if I was in chennai with a job; maybe I will never find to drop in here:(
    Rekha; You are a keralite ha. A hi from a palakkad girlie;)
    K; it was so so funny of kiran. so the blame is on you:)))Yes; I agree on three going teens and two's going tweens:))) Yesterday my girl called me "edi". Jay occassionaly(that occassion comes daily:))) calls edi and she promptly caught it and started calling me edi:(((. I have banned J from using this word again. My parents never ever use "edi" at home and in Jay's place "edi" is a very popular word. So after marriage; Jay asked me "is it ok if I call you edi; occassionally. I never had anyone to call it before". Well; I told ok and now I wonder why I ever agreed to it in the first place. Well; then it was honeymoon time. So I guess I was carried away:))))))

Nitha

9. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Thanks to all for your wishes and blessings to V - unfortunately we had to cancel the homam (it was at the temple) due to the weather. We are having a major snowstorm starting today morning and today afternoon commute back would be terrible with people trying to get home. The temple is not too close, a good 30 miles away and we didn't want to take a chance of getting stuck with the kids. Well, we propose, but God disposes... I'll probably make a payasam today.

Ad, C-T joke is funny! Kids!!! Do you work Saturdays too? Is your team-mate having marriage issues by any chance? Maybe that is why he is hesitant to open up - just a thought.. Yay for starting the workout.

Krithika, I agree - ask your friend to join us - we will love her! Do you think she herself is a little insecure about her decision? If she is not, then her friends crappy comments shouldn't matter - she should distance herself from these so-called "friends", GMO.

Vidyaa, glad your g'pa is doing better. I love kozhakkattai - maybe I'll make it one of these days. I love the "poornam" inside! How did Shibu do after anna prasanam?

Pon, your DD's project day sounds fun. Such a nice school - I wouldn't mind joing as a teacher. So how many hugs today?

Latha, my DH makes these kind of silly comments as well - the one that irritates me the most is "I am testing how much you can accomplish by providing more challenges"... You know, candy and vegetables are a big challenge for me too - only endless talking about how "veggies make you bigger and make you go to kindergarten" help. For candy, just give after lunch/dinner so that they don't eat too many. Denying doesn't help me.

Ramya, how is LO and her sleep?

Rekha, welcome... Where in Kerela are you from? I am from Kerela too, Calicut.

Padmini, welcome to you too.

Nitha, some kids are more prone to ear infections because of their ear structure (fluid does not drain, I think). Maybe V can throw some light.

Raj, vanathi, Asha, Lyn, hi...

I am home today since I had already taken a day off - we are gearing up for the big storm, long lines at grocery stores and gas stations, people stocking up on everything. Hope its not all that bad.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  10. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Tikka,

big hugs to Kiran for making me laugh heartily:) As I have seen him in person with that cute eyes i can very imagine him doing that scene in full action. very chweet:)

Sindhu,

Is the function today? how did it go? what dress did V wear?

edited: looks like we both posted at the same time:) good that you got a day at home in any case - can't call that a break, can I?

Vidhya,

don't worry yaar... when other kids do the same thing it seems so cute. actually when everything else is in order i too can't stop laughing at his antics:) right now i can feel only sick vibes it's doing no good to my mood.

Ramya,

nice to have you back. have you shifted? sorry if this is an outdated question.. i suddenly remembered this conversation on moving etc.,

DH just called. he'll be home in another 2 hrs. i'm sooo relieved. i have decided to keep the kids up. They (ahem me too!) took a good 3 hr nap from 2.30:)

i'm going to bake some bread tomorrow. i need to do something challenging... something that could possibly go wrong yet could be a good try;)

Latha

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.