1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let's Share Our Feelings - Part 2

Discussion in 'Infants' started by meeta shah, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. royans

royans New IL'ite

V, I did get that second opinion today. Thanks.

Took LO to Dr B. LO is good, no problems. Turns out she doesn't have a cold or ear infection. Her breathing is a bit noisy .. like she's got her nose blocked.. and the doc said that will go away with time.

With all the talk about DHs .. I miss mine. He's in the merchant navy... so he does a 3 month on - off contract. Should be home only in Jan... won't be here for baby's first Christmas. Absence does make the heart grow fonder... thats the plus side. :)

Krithika, hope the carrot cake turned out well. Latha, the clementine - olive oil cake sounds good. Must try that out sometime.

Sylvia.

2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Ok, I have to confesss, no carrot cake yet. DS decided he does not want to sleep. I had a laundary catch up session, so no trial baking. It better come out well, otherwise I am going to make him a nice idli and tell him that's his birthday cake.:hide:
    Sylvia, that's good news. This is flu season, so there is nothing wrong with being careful! BM worked well for us, if there is an infection, dunno how it will work with allergies.
    When DH is around he gets underfoot and when he is not I wonder how can I ever live without him. Maybe DH needs to travel for longer than two weeks that he has. Three months is a long time in a child's life, he must be missing both of you there too.
    Do you bake Sylvia? (this is my first cake! Yikes) So we have a band of baking moms here. Goodie.
    V, my fahter in law says children are not mischevious but explorative. A is testing his boundaries and learning more about the world around him. So have fun! K now identifies a few letters in the English alphabet and is fascinated unendingly with the keyboard. Sometimes, I am online continuously and type in the 5 mins he gives me here and there. Thank God for broadband!

3. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Krithika, isn't your DH a sweetie. Mine does know how to cook, in fact he has a few dishes that he's really good at but when he deigns to cook, he behaves like an executive chef at a 5-star hotel who has an army of underlings to prep and clean stuff ("Get me some chopped tomatoes please"). Not to mention he needs one pan for saute, another pan for sauce, another pan for something else, and by the end of it all half of my pots and pans are in the sink. So I'd rather not use any help. My idea of cooking includes doing the prep work, minding a toddler who wants to play with you and clean up.

Vanathi, yes we are having a tree - haven't put it up yet.

Krithika how did the cake turn out?

Mangai how old is your DD? Good Luck with your iron level. I am on supplements too.

Latha, hope poor A is feeling better today.

Sylvia, don't worry time will fly and Jan will be here soon...

4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

I feel that our LOs somehow know mommy is into something serious and they skip naps, run around wildly... this is no co-incidence.. i have noticed it several times with A. He's normally around his dad when he is at home but when we have invited guests (and i have to cook, ofcourse!) he'll stick to meRant

Latha

5. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

cannot agree any better:exactly:

Latha

6. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Thanks Krithika.I have ordered a iron vessel online.I hope it arrives it before we leave to India

Sindhu you have described my DH in kitchen.But in our home he will cook dinners on sundays so I get to relax.Its nice change to watch him cook.I read in a survey they found that women get more attracted to men who do more chores at home .
    S is 2.6years old.
    I'm not in a hurry to consume supplements.I have changed my diet to fit in more iron on daily basis.I have read tons of info about this subject .Are you a vegetarian ?The plant based iron doesn't get absorbed as animal based iron.I'm vegetarian But if we combine foods appropriately its better . I will know the result of my experimental diet at the end of 3 weeks.BTW how is u'r pregnancy coming along ?

Mangai

7. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Mangaii hope you feel better soon. How long are you gone to India?

Latha, do send me the recipes too. I've decided to break our tradition and not make the fruit cake this year. Instead I'm baking some breads/muffins every week.

K, hope your cake turned out well.

Raj, I saw in another thread about Riya's vaccination... hope she's feeling better.

-L.

8. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

You must miss him so much - for all my cribbing i would find life without my Dh very hard indeed :)

Thats what I must tell myself the next time he flings his toothbrush/my cellphone off our balcony :)

Sounds exactly like my DH! This is actually how he does most chores - with me hanging around all the time. One "fight" last weekend was because I didnt hang around the bathroom while he was bathing A! I was reading the newspaper in peace but apparently I should have been popping into the bathroom every 2 mins to keep them company Rant So when am I supposed to ever get a "break" then?

:)

Another weekend is almost here - this week just whizzed by.....

V.

9. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Ladies can someone please tell me how you guys are doing multi-quoting in your replies :hide:. Sorry I don't know how to do it.

10. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Great, I hope it helps you. I am also thinking of moving to kadais from all the non-stick we have. Getting to be very anti-teflon. M, Non-haeme iron is not fully available, but how about egg yolk, do you eat egg at all?

yoicks :rotfl. "You're Panny. ha ha" to quote Kiran.
    K prefers DVDs and has already busted a few functions in the DVD at FIL's. But I am not going to stop because FIL gave me a lecture about how that curtails a child's imagination. Mum is the word - K is not allowed to fiddle with stuff home.

Amitha, in the corner of the message box, there are three buttons quote, another with a close quote mark and a plus sign and quick reply. The middle one is the multi-quote.
    In the oven as I type. Smells good, hoping it is half as a good as that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.