1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let's Share Our Feelings - Part 2

Discussion in 'Infants' started by meeta shah, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meeta shah

meeta shah Senior IL'ite

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Thanks for starting the new thread Meeta - was thinking about doing that. Hope to see you more often now.

Sounds so beautiful Latha - can just imagine....Its raining here - so its cool and nice. Funny how rain becomes "nice" in India and awful in Europe/US!

Mine is simple too - its a purplish-reddish colour with green contrast, another one is cotton - black with a red and cream border and pallu. I bought them to wear to work and they were only 600 bucks each :) Kalpadruma and Shilpi always have lovely stuff which is always out of my budget :-( I bought these 2 at a crafts centre/fair. But do you get to wear sarees at all? Snow and sarees dont mix :) Are you having a tree for A?

V.

3. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Thank you for starting this new thread. The other one was really taking a while to load. Weekend was not good, dealing with piles and piles of laundry from a backup since last week. I also lost one of a pair of new gloves that we bought only a week ago (not very expensive though, but I wore it only once) and DH read me a long lecture about exactly what he thought about people who don't value money... I felt so low and horrible, but I am frightfully forgetful (I think I have it in my genes, my dad is like me - or the other way around...) That and the messy house did it for the two days - I ended up feeling the most horrible housekeeper on earth.

Anyway today morning routine was another disaster since P did not want to go to school first, and then wanted his dad's lunch (which is spicier so he couldn't have it and that started a big crying session) I have no idea whether I was mad to think about another kid. I shudder to think about getting two and myself and DH out of the door in the mornings.

Sorry about the rants, now it feels better.

Vanathi, nice to hear you enjoyed the trip. Just curious, do you always wear sarees to work or salwar suits as well?

4. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Mmm, rain does not do nice things to your laundry. I love the smell of sun-dried clothes. Especially since I stopped using conditioners. One batch is sitting in the balcony for two days and two others waiting for their turn. If I dont get it done in couple of days, we are not going to have clean clothes. bonk
    Sindhu, I have a knack of losing socks. I have one sock of at least three to four pairs (thankfully I buy white.) DH's I have given up trying to match. Things in pairs have a propensity getting lost, however careful you are. So dont be hard on yourself. Sad you got a lecture for something the gremlins did - we found a pair of K's newborn mittens a full 22 months after we lost them (My sister's brats were visiting us then)! Check your home for gremlins and leprechauns masquerading as toddlers.
    Meeta, hope you feel better.
    I have been listening to music - ucis - on popular demand (outnumbered two to one) for hours together and I now have a throbbing headache. More nighttime music is to follow... whenever k wakes up. I got to find those rock concert ear plugs or I will go crazy around this house. I've heard back-to-back Vatsalyam (which is at least relaxing) and Seussical x2. Oh for some peace and quiet.

5. meeta shah

meeta shah Senior IL'ite

Vanathi, seems like you had fun with shopping. I love to buy sarees and dresses when I go to India but all get wasted here…I don’t get to wear sarees more often and than it stays in my cabinet for few years and than I take it with me when I go to India again…And by that time designs get really change so I can’t wear it over there as well….:(

Sindhu, hope you have a good week ahead…Don’t take all these stuff on your mind too much…That’s the life

Thanks for your wishes Tikka. Hope you can find the earplugs. Seems like your lo is a big music fan.

My weekend was ok…Saturday we had a birthday party to attend and it was fun. Aarya had lots of fun as well. And than we went to friends place for a lunch with one more family on Sunday afternoon and they spoiled my mood like anything…
    Anyway, I am feeling better now. DH is helping and supporting me a lot now a days. I am so glad to have a husband like him…Today me and Aarya went to library and she enjoyed there. Now, slowly I have started understanding her choices in food. She likes chapatti more than rice and certainly enjoys masala food…

Talk to you later ladies
    Meeta

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  6. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Hi girls,
    Wanted to say a quick hello.My little one doesn't like to nap anymore so I don't have any time to log-in. Hope everyone is doing fine.My health is still not great and I'm making visits to my physician regularly.Hope all will be well soon...
    Happy holidays for everyone and happy baking..
    Thanks
    Mangai

7. Riya007

Riya007 Senior IL'ite

Hi Meeta,

Nice to see this thread (especially since I want to vent!!!!)

My baby will be six months tomorrow. On the weekend and yesterday no matter what I did he wasnt going to sleep...I am working so wake up quite early to be at work at 7 am and get back home by 3:30. Then I start cooking and finish by 6, bathe my baby, feed him and try to put him to sleep. After that i try to exercise a bit, have dinner, spend some time with hubby and go to bed. Unfortunately yesterday he just wouldnt sleep Rant even though he was fed and everything, he wanted to play. I played with him for some time and so did hubby but nothing. I wanted him to go to sleep so that I could do some other stuff around but............nothing..Just been feeling so overwhelmed lately....i mentioned in one other post I have been an extremely organized person my entire life but now cant seem to get everything done...Life changes so much.

He is an absolute darling though and we really love him...I just feel like I have no control over things now.:spin

Hopefully things will settle down.

Riya

8. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

oh dear oh dear looks like most of us didn't have a smooth week-end. I didn't mention my part of the story that happened y'day. DH was studying so i had to be the clown for both the kids:spin. I had a headache too, thanks to this sudden dip in weather. So i engage my boy with something and sit down on the couch (also organising some papers in the meantime). He was constantly disturbing me. One action that drives me wild is this: he comes close to me and jumps such that his strong head hits my chin.. that unleashes the monster in me. I warned him twice and the third time i had to scream. Now comes the papa and lectures me about screaming and how I'm reaping what i sow blah blah blah. I got so upset, just picked the little one went down to the cellar. Stayed there for 15 minutes or so until the men came to pick me back.

Today little A has been on the crying side. Wonder why.. just gave her a tummy massage. I've anyways decided to start with apple puree this week-end. She hasn't been sleeping well last couple of nights... don't know if she's hungry or just being fussy. She likes it if i keep her on my hips. Her brother wasn't like that at all.. he hated to be carried and fussed about.

take care everyone... must be the weather for all of us.

Latha

9. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Same here, meeta. I go to India every year but still find my fashion sense completely out of place. Last year i gave away all my salwars from college days (those garden vareli stuff that neither fade nor tear) and bought cotton ones from fab india. I wear them in summer here. Sarees i rarely wear but can't resist. Last time i went for my brother's wedding so got 1 saree from my dad, my sil's mom gave me one, DH got one (wonder why!), my SIL gave one... don't know when i will wear them.

Latha

10. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Oh I am so happy to hear that. He must have missed you terribly when you were away in India. so sweet...

Latha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.