1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let's share about our 4 month old's..

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Rainbo, Jul 17, 2014.

1. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

I am really having tough time with my LO during breastfeeding. Today is her 90th day. She refuses to drink milk. She hardly latches on for 3 to 5 minutes. Never latches on left side. Feeling really bad. Making my days worse. Is it because she sucks her finger? I want to exclusively breastfeed her at least for 6 months. Any suggestions?

2. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

April,

That's good. Same here.. I try to feed him 3 times a day. sometimes 2 times a day if he gets cranky and doesn't open his mouth at all.

Have not tried adding Ghee. Let me try soon.

How do you make ghee? Do you buy from store or make at home?

3. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

April,

Let me about it... Hopefully they'll outgrow it and start feeding well.

4. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Anitha,

His pead recommended it at 6 months. When we started he really liked solids. He loves peas, apple, carrot, and cereals. Since last weekend, he doesn't even open his mouth.

There was nothing major happened last week. the schedule was totally normal.

He doesn't open his mouth at all. I had to make the solid watery and keep the spoon close to his mouth. He will suck it sometimes. I don't know if he dreads the feeding time, I sure do.

5. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Ramya,

I've tried different textures as well. He doesn't like them much.

May be he is teething. I can feel 2 little bumps when I touch his bottom-front gums. May be that's why he is waking up quite often.

You're scaring me.. :hide:

6. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

I tend not to buy store bought Ghee especially from Indian shops in US. They either tend to not have expiry date or quality is poor. In any case I just don't trust on ghee bought from store. I buy unsalted sweet cream butter from Costco. They come in 4 big bars and I make Ghee out of one bar at a time. It comes more than a month for me or less ( I have two kids).

You need to heat the butter in a heavy bottom pan and keep stirring it until they become crystal clear and bubbles out. You will smell the aroma of ghee and that's when to switch. I never move away from stove with butter as they either burn or over flow in stove. Home made ghee is always best for the kids IMO.[

QUOTE=uma321;3408408]April,

How do you make ghee? Do you buy from store or make at home?[/QUOTE]

7. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

[/QUOTE]

thanks Chitra! How do you store the Ghee? and How much do we need to feed the baby? once a day or all the times we give them solids?

I know fat and cholesterol are much needed for babies/kids. Trying to feed J well.

8. Divyavignesh

Divyavignesh Gold IL'ite

Uma, i was also in the same boat when we started semi solids for Arjun around 4.5 months, he wouldn't open his mouth at all, but he was drooling from 3 months , now he has a tooth :) teething was the reason for his crankiness. now i give pureed paruppu sadam with vegetables .

Like chitra said i also make ghee ever since i came to US.

1 person likes this.
  9. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Uma: I store it like oil outside. You can store in fridge too. But ti tends to get hard and using it everyday would be a pain. If you have never made Ghee I suggest you buy a small bar of butter from grocery store and try.

J does not need a lot may a tsp. is enough. yes I use it twice a day now when I feed rice. If its Yogurt rice I skip it. but you can do once a day too if you want. A loves it and I am not going to deprive him of Ghee gigglingsmiley

1 person likes this.
  10. Divyavignesh

Divyavignesh Gold IL'ite

Yeah and the best part is if there are some remaining food, i finish it up because it tastes so yumm :) .

Chitra 1 stick for a month is thinkingsmiley, we use 4 sticks for less than a month :)

2 people like this.