1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets laugh it away... ha ha

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ILoveTulips, Aug 7, 2010.

1. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

It was my 3rd time in Chennai when I got job in a Software company. Coming from a small town background, the big company campus amazed me. There were lots of incidents which made me to feel insulted then, but now I start telling to my friends and laugh with them. All my friends enjoyed it, I am sure these will amuse you too... :biglaugh

1. That was my first few weeks in that company. It has a very big empty area in front of the building where the company buses stops and drops/picks employees. I didnt use company bus then. I got down the local town bus and walked pass the gate. Instead of the pedestrian lane I just went on in the way where the buses go. Suddenly I hear the security guards shouting "Madam.... Madam.... ". Nobody ever called me "Madam" before that... So sure the guards were calling somebody else, I just kept on walking and then noticed people are looking at me and wondering why I am not turning back. Then I turned back and saw they were actually called me. Quickly I went to the pedestrians lane and saw the guards. They had their best annoyed look on their face.

2. This one still make me embarrased and I just have to laugh it away to forget it. I was using company bus then. Morning time there would be around 20 buses dropping employees and there would be several hundred people getting down and walking. When I was just getting down the step, the girl who came behind me stamped on my slippers. I am not sure what was the hurry she was in. As soon as she stamped my slipper worn away. She just slipped a Sorry and went on her way. I tried to walk with the slipper without showing anything outside till I pass that crowd. Within next few steps I realised I cant walk with those without people noticing me. I then remembered the technique I used in my childhood days. If the slipper goes off in unpredicted situations, just take a safety pin and patch it up. I thought of applying that technique, but cant do that in front of the crowd. I saw a parked bus by the side of the compound. It was like very good screen, I slowly moved behind the bus. I am now standing between the compound and the bus; the bus is now between me and the whole bunch of crowd. I quickly took a safety pin and started pricking the sandals in order to patch it with the worn bar. It was so hard, I, with all my strength pricked the sandal base. After few seconds it went in and then I tried to pull that up to hook it up with the bar. Everything was going very good and I was so carried away with this process. Finally after 2 to 3 minutes of struggle, the safety pin hooked up. I tried various testing by pulling the laces and sandal base to make sure it wont worn out again at least till I reach my place. Everything looked good. Happily I raised my head up. The bus was not there!!! I am not sure when did the bus go and how many of them saw my show.
    :hide:

3. Usually there would be 2 to 3 months training for the college freshers in a company. After the training, we are supposed to meet the HR for the projects. The HR then will pick few of us randomly and send us to meet the project manager. It was actually a thrill because that is when we actually see how the IT projects are going on and see people speaking with clients in different countries. Every new comer from the college will be so anxious during this day. I was picked to meet a manager too and the manager was a lady. I went to a cabin where a man was sitting. I told him the details. He said "
    Go and wait in the next cabin, 2 of them are already waiting there, you can go and join them. Mrs.xxx will meet you soon". I nodded and went towards the room. I dont want to be seen nervous, I picked my own confident look and voice. I went inside the cabin, 2 were there. I asked "Are you waiting for new project assignment? ". Those 2 stood up straight and answered with respect, "yes mam... we are waiting for you!". I said "I was coming to wait with you too!". The look on their face was priceless. Even after 5 years, they still narrate this incident... :bonk

There were even loads of them I can think of... But not sure whether I can share those here... :p.... Write down your funny moments too.... Lets laugh it away...
    :rotfl

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Tulip

That was a good one. The slipper incident and those ladies calling you madam thinking you are the lady made me laugh.

I wanted to be the first to comment. I will come later with my experiences.

love
    viji

3. ILoveTulips

thats so sweet of you viji mam... yeah i think i wil going to be smiling all day remembering those incidents... :)

4. ramalakmi

ramalakmi New IL'ite

Huh, they are quite embarrassing but funny too.

5. ILoveTulips

oh yeah... its funny now... but you know after the slipper incident, I bought a big handbag, kept another pair of slippers always in my handbag wrapped with plastic carry bag... But till now haven't used that one... This also add to the list of "Fate" incidents I mentioned in "Fate, isn't" blog... :) thanks for your comments ramalakshmy...

6. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

7. ILoveTulips

thanks tuffyshri.. :)

8. morni

morni Senior IL'ite

Dear ILT,

:rotfl :rotfl I too did lots of comedy like these When i was working for a IT company.Your last incident was really a good joke to laugh continuosly. Enjoyed reading.

9. ILoveTulips

wow... was surprised to see comments for this post after long time... thanks a lot morni... there were even loads of them... but I felt its easy to tell than write... so stopped with 3...

10. suria

suria Silver IL'ite

ilt..it was your humblness and confidence..which made you laugh away with it..great..:)