Let's Help Each Other Save Money

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Laxmi, Nov 2, 2016.

1. BS157

BS157 Bronze IL'ite

Hello Ladies,
    Back to IL after a long gap & interesting to see so many new initiatives. :clapclap:
    esp.this post.
    I have some contacts with people who sell online through Amazon, Flipkart etc. who are the actual people giving those discounts.
    For example there is a Fire Retardant product on Amazon/flipkart etc. by the name FIREGUARD....the Mrp is 6190 & is selling at 599. If I were to buy this product online, obviously its a steal deal...but from the actual seller, if I can get this product at a still lower price, say 525/-, wouldn't that be a "Super Saver"? All products are genuine, sourced directly from the companies under various schemes & business arrangements.

There are many such products that are available like the above....cutlery, crockery, Sugar-free,watches,clothes, Baby wipes,Delsey luggage, Basmati Rice, Olive oil, Wallets, electronics...the list is exhaustive including consumables, utility & aspirational products.
    I can get these products arranged based on availability & post it here. But the catch is,some of these products would be available on min.quantity basis, which means there would have to be pooled purchase. One other option is for interested ladies,this could be a small home based business.

If the above makes sense, please let me know. I would be more than happy to organize it. Saving =Earning after all.

Happy weekend!
    Cheers!

meepre and sujishankar76 like this.
  2. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Very nice thread....
    Ladies..please forgive me...but I have a wierd question?
    Where do you get sanitary napkins at discounted rates ?
    The reason why I asked this question is that one of my close relatives gets her periods for 7-8days with heavy bleeding. She has to use 5-7 pads everyday.
    Please suggest some site offering discounts on sanitary napkins or some brand which are easy on pockets.

3. meepre

meepre Gold IL'ite

Yes Laxmi, I used it but just to order pizza in Dominos. It was user friendly and didn't face any issue. I discovered this site just 3 days before starting to Riyadh, so didn't had time to explore much. Waiting to try it next time when in India.

4. BS157

BS157 Bronze IL'ite

DC24, your concern for your relative's spend is appreciable, but concern for her health would be better placed. She is probably undergoing a situation called Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding (DUB) which could be due to various reasons if not attended to will lead to severe Anemia besides other hidden problems. Pls ask her to immediately consult a gynecologist & get herself examined & treated. Once her problem is diagnosed ,there would be considerable improvement in her situation.
    As for where she can find sanitary napkins within reasonable budget, she can try the maxi or all night versions of any that is available in the market which would last longer than the regular ones. If anyone known to you has access to wholesale hyper mart like Walmart BestPrice /Metro /Spencer etc. you are likely to find about 15-20% cheaper there. Or A visit to any self service departmental store can give her all the options to choose from on one shelf. There are online options but they would end up costing the same as most of them give discount but charge shipping.

dc24 likes this.
  5. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

@BS157 Thanks for your kind advice. She did consult her gyne and few other doctors but it seems that it's genetic in her case as her mother also had the same problems.
    Thanks once again

BS157 likes this.
  6. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Other than online shopping options through Amazon, flipkartm...what are the other ways to save money?

7. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

please tell me you are kidding

joylokhi likes this.
  8. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Heater in Chennai? :) Like always, extremely informative post.

@Laxmi, this is a great idea! Will keep posted.

9. butterflyice

If you are in India, buy from a wholesaler. They are way cheaper. About 1/3rd price, I would say. Ask your friendly neighbourhood Marwari grocer for a wholesaler, they will buy for you (at a commission of course ;))

dc24 likes this.
  10. butterflyice

BUjji, which cauliflower you ate? Purple, orange or white? COlor is important in this case.

JOkes apart, see a doctor ASAP!