Let's Fire Up Those Neurons!

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Jul 23, 2014.

1. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Hmmmmm .... I may need to review the stats on that!o_O

Viswamitra likes this.
  2. ano

ano Silver IL'ite

My guess was Margaret Thatcher......well I finally learned because of this puzzle how Hyacinth looks like :smiley:
    I had many searches for purple flower:grimacing: since I couldn't figure out what that flower was!!

Viswamitra and sokanasanah like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@ano,

As @sokanasanah pointed out many times in the past, we learn so much through this thread by researching. Many times, we take a wrong route but learn so much even in that wrong route. The whole idea of this thread is for people to use their online time in learning something. For me, it works like keeping my mind alert. I find happiness not only in preparing but also solving others' puzzles. It keeps all my neurons to fire to find out the answer and keep me away from Alzheimer.

4. ano

ano Silver IL'ite

@Viswamitra I agree, I enjoyed the hunt though I didnt get the target.

I was just congratulating you on getting me to learn about flowers in a way my garden loving mother was never able to :grinning: .

Viswamitra likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Puzzle 8576
    Slide1.JPG
    Difficulty Level: Medium
    Each image has a clue to arrive at the solution. One can use 2-3 images and connect the rest once the answer is derived.

What am I talking about?

6. Viswamitra

7. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

I have no idea what you're talking about Viswa. Maybe you're just high?:lol:

Viswamitra likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

Hahaha Soka,

I hope you are talking about being spiritually high? :chatter:

I hear albums of people who play psychedelic rock.:rolleye:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  9. Viswamitra

Anyone still trying this puzzle? If not, I will post the answer on Wednesday.

10. Viswamitra

Answer to Puzzle 8576: "Ancient River".

Image 1 - Image of "Finke River" located in Northern South Australia and known as 300 to 340 million years old and known as the world's oldest river. It runs 750 KMs. The Key word is "Ancient River", a direct reference to the answer.

Image 2 - The style of singing of this band is known as "Psychedelic Rock" and was formed in 2008. To indicate that "Vivekananda Rock" image and magic mushroom in Image 1 and row 2 are given as clue.

Image 3 - Two principals who formed this band are James Barreto (singer/song writer) and Alexis Cardova Jr.(drums/vocal). The clue given in Image 3 in row I is Alexis Tipton who is a voice actress for Funimation and Image 3 in row 2 is James Comey, giving key words James and Alexis.

Image 2, Row 2 - The band name was taken from the Neil Young song "Thrasher": “Where the eagle glides ascending/There’s an ancient river bending/Down the timeless gorge of changes/Where sleeplessness awaits.”

Image 4, Row 2 - The group was formed in Gainesville and hence Gator image was given as a clue.

Currently Barreto is living in London and Cordova is based in Austin, Texas but this distance hasn't impacted their productivity. Ancient River have eight releases. Keeper of the Dawn released in April 14, 2015 was inspired by the Italian horror films of writer/director Dario Argento together with one of the duo's favourite musicians, David Axelrod. Following its release, the band toured North America for 51 shows.

In June 2015, Ancient River joined forces with London director, writer and actor Xevi Soler to produce a music video for their track Stay With Me. This was the soundtrack to Soler's short film Golem.

NME featured Ancient River in their "Under the Radar" section on July 18, 2015.

The albums that they released so far includes:

• 2017 O.D.D.S 2 (LP)
      • 2017 The Keeper Never Sleeps (EP)
      • 2015 Keeper Of The Dawn (LP)
      • 2014 Before Dawn (LP)
      • 2012 On The Other Side (LP)
      • 2012 Let It Live (LP)
      • 2011 Polaroid (EP)
      • 2011 Songs from North America (LP)
      • 2010 O.D.D.S. (LP)
      • 2010 Under the Sun (EP)

Credit: None.

Note to Soka: It is about people who are high singing "Psychedelic rock" and not the puzzle-maker. :)

[​IMG]

ano and sokanasanah like this.