Lets Discuss the basic criteria to select the school in chennai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by uma927, Jan 18, 2010.

1. uma927

uma927 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ils.

Lets discuss the basic criteria to select the best school in chennai. Say as example , A parent who has to see the qualities of the school. the infrastructure, studies. student- teacher ratio, Environment, Extra curricular activites, Student improvement, fee structure, the intial non-refundable fee, The area/location of the school

Lets take this criteria and discuss the top schools which educate and take the above as one of the missions.

Lets list down the pros and cons of different schools which will help the new seekers for schools for the kids in pre-school or uKG.

The parents whose kids are in already going to schools in chennai, please pour the details of the good schools.

Please please lets join to help all the new parents of going school kids.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

uma,

Please go through this thread. instead of starting a new thread, join a discussion that is already going on. this way you will be helping another parent this year or the coming years.

we cannot say which is a good school as the expectations of each parent is different.

moreover, i have not seen many parents who come back and tell that they have put their kids in this school or rating a school.

I will be closing this thread also.

3. Suhaguru

Suhaguru Bronze IL'ite

Hi Uma,

I agree with what Shanthi says. Each parents' expectation is different. What seems as a pro for one might be a con for other. I am saying this from my experience. I rated one particular school in Adayar as a good school but my colleague says it is just an average school which does not give an all round development to the kids. The fact is that his kid is not studying there though.

Shanthi,
    Is it possible to create a thread which can be modified only by the moderators and not by the members. The moderators can consolidate all the information we have right now like contact no. entry point (LKG / Pre KG), age criteria the school looks for, etc. (will help a lot for the new ILites). I am not aware of the technicalities though but would help.

Regards,
    Suha