1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let's discuss our next project

Discussion in 'Infants' started by meeta shah, May 8, 2008.

1. meeta shah

meeta shah Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends

What is going on? Not much activity yesterday and today? I was down for 3 days from heavy and painful AF. Anyway I am thinking about starting some new interesting thread..
    Let me see what is going on in my mind right now…Hmm…Ok all I am thinking is Aarya, Aarya and Aarya. Whenever I sit on computer, I surf the websites about babies. Some of the websites/boards I am looking for are about night waking and feeding...

So, guys what are you passing through now days? What is your upcoming project in your hand? What do you want to teach your LO next or what change are you looking in your LO next?

So, take out your fears, expectations, dreams about your most favorite person your LO…

Take care
    See you soon

2. meeta shah

meeta shah Senior IL'ite

My next project would be
    1) How to make Aarya eat more…
    2) Help Aarya in crawling and sitting
    3) Need to so something about one really long, about 2 hrs, middle of the night waking…
    4) Half of my day I spend in thinking how to handle MIL
    5) Get a job
    6) Put off some extra pounds (Seems like I don’t have to do much as MIL is coming so it will be gone soon)

3. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

hmm, I really need to look into my classes I left before getting pregnant and start back on track.

--Need to give myself a pep talk before leaving for Chicago and spending the week with MIL.

--As for Riya, I have decided to take my life as a mommy one day at a time and go with the flow... :whistle I get too riled up in what "should" come next with her and forget to enjoy the moment - I may change my mind on this tomorrow, but right now I am sticking to it. :)

Raj

4. meeta shah

meeta shah Senior IL'ite

Hey Raj
    So, when are you planning to start your classes? Are you planning to complete your study? It must be hard to decide as priorities has changed...
    Hmm, let me know if you need any help to get ready for meeting with MIL...I am preparing myself from last 15-20 days...
    Good thought for Riya...I do that too when I get fed up with planning...Good Luck

Meeta
    I really really do not want my MIL to come here and ruin my nice family life....Witsend

5. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Thanks Meeta! I think it's me who needs to change, I shouldn't "let" her get to me with her snide remarks. I shouldn't let her hurt me because of her insecurities, so I really need to pray and learn how to deal with that. I haven't even told her how I feel about the remarks she makes, and at times I feel even a fool would know that kind of thing hurts, but I think she's too self-involved to care. She confuses me so much, she comes across as this loving, caring person who is good with everybody, very helpful but in between all this pretense she manages to crush my little heart. :-( I am sorry I didn't mean to rant but with only two days left, I am growing really, really nervous. I can already see her shaking her head on my parenting abilities.

As for classes, yes I need to finish my pre requisites for my degree this year, and I am thinking of starting in June.

Raj

6. meeta shah

meeta shah Senior IL'ite

I am in same boat Raj...2 days to go and they will be here...But this time I am really firm that I am not going to let her say bad words/remarks to me as now my little girl is going to see and listen all this...So, for now I am getting strength from Aarya....

So, are you planning to put Riya at daycare or you have evening classes?

Later

7. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Good luck, Meeta and be strong!

Yes, I am thinking of taking evening classes so DH can watch Riya. I haven't found a day care around that will take Riya only a couple times a week, it's either all five days or none.

Raj

8. Ramya Satheesh

Ramya Satheesh Senior IL'ite

Gals!

I thought you are talking about THE NEXT PROJECT :) .

9. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Nice topic Meeta...
    My major next project - getting back to work! Planning to start in Aug/Sep - and i really need to start looking at how and where soon. Along with this is a bigger project - to get Aadhu to spend the day (9 am - 2pm) at my ILs as they will be taking care of him while I work. I anticipate this to take a mnth so I'm going to start that June-end/July so i can go to work peacefully in Aug. The nice thing abt being a doc is that I can pick my hours to some extent, so I intend to start part-time and then see what happens...

Smaller projects - get Aadhu to sleep through the night; start weaning at the end of this month, clear out his clothes/toys and put away all the old /unused ones.

Project for myself - start exercising and make a real effort to study for the development course I'm taking at the moment.

Plenty to do......GL to you both with your MILs.....keep us updated....

Vanathi.

10. Ramya Satheesh

Ramya Satheesh Senior IL'ite

Oh good! its high time i start to think about myself.

Talking of exercises, am able to fit myself in my pre pregnancy outfits. Still my tummy is little loose. Any exercises recommended?