Let us wish Cheeniya a speedy recovery.

Discussion in 'IL'ite Wishes' started by Chitvish, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nischel

Nischel Senior IL'ite

CHITRA madam
    i was really shocked to hear the news of cheeniyasir's illness.let us all pray for his speedy recovery.plz inform to all of us his welfare from time to time. I feel it is better not to disturb him by dirctly asking his welfare addressing him drectly.It is better for cheeniya to take rest either at hospital or at his home unttil his B.P. come to normal state.He is an elderly person whose
    advice and guidence is necessary for all of us always.
    with best rgards
    Sd/nischel

2. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Dear cheeniya sir,
    by god's grace u'll be alright soon..

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dearest ILites
    Do you have any idea of what you have done to me?

You have virtually retrieved me from the jaws of death through your prayers! Of course, Yama tells me a different story of which I have written separately in my Ramblings.

Before I proceed further, just tell me this. What have I done really to deserve such a wonderful show of love and affection? I can’t believe that my Ramblings would have endeared me to all of you in such a big way.So I know that you have looked beyond my ramblings and realized that here is a man who is laying his sole bare to all of you through his writings.

When Chithra started a thread wishing me speedy recovery and all of you responded instantly, I felt truly overwhelmed. It was amazing that so many of you from different parts of the world could feel so deeply for someone who they have not even seen! What do you know of me than what I have been telling you of myself and what made you trust all that I have said? My mum always tells me that when you speak through your heart, it will never require convincing.

Ever since I became a member of IL and started sharing my thoughts with you more through my FBs than my lead posts, I feel strangely rejuvenated and I have very often felt that I have just reconnected with you all. I could just feel the resurfacing of a bond that must have existed since the dawn of time. Beneath all that humorous banter, I have often felt the growing emotional bonding between us.

I am truly thankful to the visitation of an awful ailment, which has hopefully passed by without causing much damage, for having revealed to me the love and affection that all of you have for me. When Heavens open up with its bounty, I know it is foolish to keep asking why but to bask in it in silent awe. I’ll not ask you again what have I done to deserve this. I’ll just close my eyes and be engulfed by this glowing feeling.

I know I have come through through your prayers. This kind of praying or asking for something for others is called ‘Intercession’. Of this higher form of Prayer, William Law has this beautiful thing to say:
    “Intercession is the best arbitrator of all differences, the best promoter of true friendship, the best cure and preservative against all unkind tempers, all angry and haughty passions.
    You cannot have possibly any ill-temper, or show any unkind behaviour to a man for whose welfare you are so much concerned, as to be his advocate with God in private. For you cannot possibly despise and ridicule that man whom your private prayers recommend to the love and favour of God”

As my eyes are getting mistier and knowing fully that I cannot thank you adequately no matter what I write, I stop with a line from Saint Thyagaraja:
    Endharo mahanubhavulu andiriki vandhanamulu..
    Sri

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi sri,

I have seen the miracles of praying for others..whatever we want to name it....
    It is once again established to people in il that praying together for others does perform miracles...

5. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,

True, prayers do wonders....and are we not glad that you are back in IL!

Now don't strain yourself too much....we are happy with that wonderful post yesterday ,.....i did share my relief and happiness with family, who did wonder what was i talking about!
    At this point i felt like getting all the ILites together, a meet up and celebrate in the glory of bonding and joy of life! Since only we on IL, who are closely bonded and connected know and feel this way!:clap

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Cheeniyasir,

What a touching piece! But then our praying for you was also tempered with a tinge of selfishness. We all wanted you back here fast and furious. I loved your words on Intercession. Coming from Kerala, we hear this word, 'Madhyastha Prarthana' very often. The Virgin Mother is always invoked in this. May Vinayakar, Vishwaksenar and Virgin Mary continue to ask God for your good health and words.

regards
    Vidya

7. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    You write that you eyes have become misty, as you wrote the above.
    Do you know, what anxiety, we went through? Just the word "cerebral haemorrhage" was enough to conjure up in our minds, scary thoughts. But again, God has proved that He is nothing but grace & mercy personified.
    Having come out of the jaws of death once (like you) I know what "life" means.
    God has given you another lease of life.
    The purpose of life is to discover our gift.
    The work of life is to develop it.
    The meaning of life is to give your gift away.
    We are waiting to receive more & more gifts of your writing and humour, Sri.
    Please welcome each day to continue your giving. Now that you & I, as senior citizens, have a purpose, let us give more and more.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,
    Welcome back.Yes ,indeed! God has heard the joint prayers of all members of our IL family.
    Regards,
    meenu

9. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

Dear cheeniya sir,

As chith had said GOD has been very kind to all ILites for giving U and CHITH-THE 2 PILLARS OF IL.....am sure he has received lots of prayers frm IL and so over whelmed by our love n affection tht we have for each other tht he has agreed not to separate us and make us love each other even more better thru this family...

lov
    sowmi

10. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya,

Welcome back. Today only I saw this thread. God has heard the joint prayers of all members of our IL family. :-D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.