1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let us play our role intelligently in our cosmic dance

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kanaka, Jan 21, 2008.

1. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

Reading too many success stories, books on motivation gives us the impression that one should be always one up in everything. So to say, we tend to compete with our own creator and ask him the question "yaaru da perriyavan"? Today iam reminded of a sad incident which happened few years ago

One Dec22nd. Our colony witnessed a gruesome unavoidable incident. it was around 2pm. My husband had just left home after lunch. I heard the door bell being rung. As usual I went fast to attend the call. As I opened the door one lady staying opposite to my building screamed"How could ur husband be so mean. we tried to say something to him. but he would not stop the vehicle. Who will take us to the hospital". Since I was not the victim I could be in my proper frame of mind. I Quietly went and dialled my husband. Though he was surprised at a call(as he had left home few seconds back) came immediately and the family was immediately rushed to the hospital.

Here begins the tragic incident. An young girl wanted her engagement date to coincide with her date of birth. The parents gladly agreed to the proposal. soon after the proposal she had another brilliant idea! Why not I marry on my birthday. For her luck it was convenient for both the parties and the marriage was solemnised as per the wish.
    I should say an year after that or so she was due for a child. Now she thought why not I present my husband with a child on my birth day. Moreover the child's birthday would coincide with my engagement and wedding day. The girl put this proposal to her Gynaecologist. The doctor concerned was not in favour of such a great idea. She explained the consequences of a premature delivery without any proper reason. The girl was not willing to conceede. The mother tried her level best to make her understand. No way. As the family was known to the doctor for a long time ultimately she decided to take the risk.
    On 22nd Dec 1997 even while the girl was getting ready for her adventure the neighbours tried their level best to stop her heroic deed. As she would not relent wished her best of luck and finally gave way to her wishes. at the OT It was a marathon race for the doctor. She faced complications which could not be solved in a private hospital of her kind neither she could tell the parents.
    By late evening the doctor suceeded in forcing the child to abandon its natural course and relate with this world at a time when it was biologically unprepared. For the parents thankfully it was a BOY!
    But the mother's(the girl's) condition was very fatal. She had been bleeding profusely with her Bp reaching uncontrollable heights sometimes and sometimes touching lower scales.tsktsktsk
    By mid night the doctor had no choice but refer the patient to a general hospital. As she was being transported to the hospital Iam told she died of brain hamerrohage.
    The child was left with no mother and father.(He being in the ship could not be informed immediately). Eventually it happened to be her day of death. Had this girl listened to people with better sense or had she realised the bitter truth that 'We are only puppets in the hands of that Great Master such a calamity could be avoided

(Actually my husband could not hear them calling But i knew any explanation would not convince those people at that juncture. Ofcourse they realised their mistake and was more than apologetic after some time)
    As an elderly person i would suggest to all the young girls which includes my daughter too to avoid such mistakes which would jeopardise our life. The creator has a well defined role at well defined time for ALL. kanaka

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008

2. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Hmm... Seems like a case of stubborn and crazy lady. Why such an obsession with one's own birthday. Birthday is just another day when few thousands are born. I think we think too much of ourselves.

Well parents are part responsible for gaving in all the time. But then everybody is paying the price npw. Soemtime I feel we try to justify life and death in logical way. But no matter whatever we do, whatever has to happen will happen anyway.

3. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

dear ria,

You could read my mind. I always felt taking the "Birthdays' to such heights is nothing but pride. i may be branded "Classical"". Still I would say all these Birthday bash is nothing but satisfying one's own ego and display of one's own financial capability. To me such celebrations appear childish after some period of time in our life. Everyday is a birth:coffee:coffee:coffee:coffeeday. When I watch people display their extravaganza on such occasions iam reminded of Richard bach's' title There is on such place as far away'. He says one should go beyond these birthdays. Can I quote a small passage from that book?
    "You have no birthday because you have always lived; you were never born and never will you die." We are fellow adventurers on a bright journey to understandthe things that are.

Coming back to the incident the girl had completed her B.Pharm and working in one of the pharmaceutical companies. Craziness is not the word Ria. The exact word is"Arrogance".

My idea behind this post is to tell our youngsters to avoid such idiosyncracies and also we elders who want our daughters and DIL to deliver on a particular auspicious day/time.

4. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Very true. I also belief birthdays and for that matter any other social gathering is merely reduced to how much you spend and how much you can show off. The basic underlying purpose gets lost in the process.
    You are right on, "auspicious day" thing. My dad always says one thing against astrology. "All days and times were granted by God in first place. So how can some days be better than others?"

5. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

dear kanaka and ria,

recently , i too was wished by so many ilites. as i never had any kind of celebrations, but the wishes from you all in IL made me feel so happy. thats all. but this post made me ponder over and over again. as if its written for me saying that "look padma, birthday is just another day in your life ", everday in your life is very special"
    kanaka, thanks for giving an opportunity for an introspection within me.

these days the girls are so crrrrrrrrrazzzzzzzzzzy......................... they become so arrogant, they are so stubborn,

firstly i feel any child whether its a boy or a girl, in the family should be taught ATS , Adjustment, Tolerance, Sacrifice. in addition to all the vaccines given to our child we should also teach, give this ATS as an injection very frequently. but as parents we only give degrees to children fail to teach a child to handle any situation.
    i only blame the parents who have paved way for all these in that girls life.

as ria said what has to happen will happen none of us can avoid.

padma

6. vijubala

vijubala Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kanaga ma'm,
    ALAS!!!!.such a poor girl.really I pity on her ignorance.I feel this act of her is only sheer ignorace.Sometimes even people who are well provided with literacy ,they become such fools carried away by their idiotic principles.As you & ria had mentioned I really donno why so much hype abt ones B'day.
    I personally feel a anamalous nature,in those celebrating their b'day.Since,they blow the candles on their b'day cake they forget that they have lived their lifespan for a year,they are reaching old age.Why shud we remember every year that v r nearing old age,by celebrating our b'day.i think ppl shud wake up!!
    For kids its ok.They want to feel special,it's a occasion for parents to make their kids feel spl.But This girl I really donno wat kind of a girl she is.Her parents,r they really grown,really disgusting...I wonder the girls' endurance in making all the ppl to go according to her words.but if she had gfot this kind of endurance for anything good,it wud b appreciatable,but She made herself a fool,others too became such idiots,even the Dr.Still cud'nt digest it.I pity on the baby too.Anyway The MAKER of all this shud take care of the infant.GOD PLEASE SAVE THE BABY!!!