Let us find ourselves

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by simran4u, Feb 9, 2010.

1. simran4u

simran4u Silver IL'ite

"It is true when they say : "You are what you think." If you think you are bound you are bound. If you think you are free you are free. You are Self- the solitary witness. You are perfect, all pervading,One.You are free, desireless, forever still. The Universe is but a seeming in you.Meditate on this: " I am awareness alone-Unity itself." Give up the idea that you are separate, a person, that there is within and without."

well so very true. if we analyse this statement then we will find that the simple philosophy is condensed in few sentences. starting by the fact where it is suggesting that we are what we think. That is our identification is given on the basis of our thought. We are not identified by the name , body or the physical features, by our roles or responsibilities or by the work or job we do. If we think we are brahm then we would be that, if we think we are a soul then we would be that. if we think that we are the part of that almighty which is omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent then we would be that. It is how we relate and identify ourselves with our thought.

Then it suggests that you are a witness of yourself . Well by observing and introspection we become a witness of ourselves. by not concentrating on the outer or the external world but by concentrating inside we become a witness. Then we start the process of checking our thoughts. moreover by being a witness we practice detachment. detachment helps in forgetting our identities in the external world and liberates us from all raaga and dwesha(likes and dislikes)

Then in next few words it is defining the nature of the self. The self is perfect and has tremendous energy and power within . It is free of all bondages and desireless. desireless because desire gives rise to bondages. The universe is but a seeming in you suggests that Aham brahmasmi.

Then it suggests to meditate on I am awareness ie I am true knowledge or gyana. I am unity. ie i am the people,nature, universe and everything in it s i should care about it without being selfish by creating perfect harmony.

Let us give up our egos and our selfishness and work together to make this world a better place by peace , harmony, brotherhood . The whole earth is our family... Vasudhev kutumbakam and this universe is our friend. i am the universe .

2. collegecurious

collegecurious New IL'ite

ya you are true .If we consider the whole world as our family ,then there won't remain any vestige of ill will against others. It is said that god resides in everyone and the soul never dies. So we should try to connect with our inner self and meditate to open the third eye and experience eternal bliss.

3. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Simran

Absolutely right! We are what we think...

Rhonda Byrne in her book 'The Secret' talks of this concept... and we can change ourselves just by thinking positive thoughts...

I quote some thoughts about the book...

"Without exception, every human being has the ability to transform any weakness or suffering into strength, power, perfect peace, health, and abundance".

From here to introspection of the self is a journey inward... the body is transient, the soul lives on eternally... the soul must identify itself with the Absolute, as being part of the Collective Consciousness, then all differences vanish, we will look upon the whole of creation as a Vasudeva Kutumbakam, and we will be one with this eternal family...

A topic that is dear to my heart...

Love,
    Padma

4. Sobhi

Sobhi Senior IL'ite

Hello

Very true and very nice thoughts.

I think the journey starts with begining to look inside ourselves. Though the world is one kutumbam, we may not have thinking similarly and the evil will always exist. It was so in previous yuga's aswell.

The evil helps us to grow, to mature , to prepare mentally and many many things. We can relate the evil to all the sorrows that we face in our life and also our EGO, Anger , Greed, lust................

If we have start enquiring why is that we are suffering , what am I ? besides this body and flesh...........then I think our real journey starts.

Also at the same time, in our journey we need to exhibit the Tamas nature as well, that is demostrate ANGER whenever required to not allow the -ve people and -ve thoughts near us.

The above statement I read from the "Gems from Gospel of Ramakrishna".

regards
    Shobha

5. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

yes it is nice to find ourselves and understand what a miniscule we are in this huge universe created by God !!:)