Let us evolve from a Survivor to a Contributor.

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitrajan,
    Thankyou for the feedback.
    Anybody who gets donations, never feels we have given him or her enough !
    Is not knowledge shared, knowledge doubled ? That is what I want to imply !:)
    Love,
    To
    Chitra
    From
    Chithra.

2. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra madam,
    Spiritualism is the core life line of hinduism. How a lamp needs a thoondukol, your articles are doing the wonderful job of a thundukol and awakening the right spirit for all those who read ur articles.
    With love and regards,
    Pushpavalli

3. Chitvish

Dear Pushpavalli,
    Thankyou for joining us here.
    As you write, spirituality is intertwined in our routine day in and day out. It is my pleasure to share my meagre knowledge with my dear I L ites.
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Dear C

I am sorry I missed this post yesterday..( can I say I was busy with my contributions :) )..

As usual, it is a thought provoking write-up. If we have this mind set, we will always be self-motivated to perform Karma, no external motivation is ever required. Evolving from a survivor to a contributor can be applied to every aspect of our life...A very nice reading.

I have a question with respect to your response to Kamla - does Gita define Gyana yoga and Karma yoga as different degrees of yoga? Wouldn't any one yoga chosen as the situation demands, uplift a person???

-Gayathri.

1 person likes this.
  5. Chitvish

Dear Gayathri,
    Thanks for your F b.
    The mind set we have, makes all the difference to our approach in life.
    To attain liberation (moksha) the scriptures prescribe a series of 3 disciplines called, Karma Yoga, Upasana Yoga & Jnana Yoga. Bhakthi Yoga permeates through all the three.
    I have already discussed K Y. Next week, I plan to write about Upasana Yoga. We have to go through these posts to understand the future posts on Gita.
    You have to bear with me & not think, they are all not relevant in the context of learning Gita.
    Love,
    Chithra.
    WOW, now I must go to your profile & read your contributions !!

6. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    This was a very meaningful article at a time when the nations are fighting for petty self gains and the states in our country are fighting for ownership rights of rivers! What a pity our high philosophcal preachings have been ignored by our own bretherns! it has been said in our scriptures-
    "paropakaaraaya cha phalanthi vrukshaaha
    paropakaaraaya cha bahyanthi nadhyaaha
    paropakaaraaya cha varshanthi meghaaha"

and we humans have gone to the extent of selling even those that are available free in nature! I wonder where are all these things going to lead us?
    By the way, when I read this post of yours, I remembered a poem which I had written many years back. I will post it in the "Poems" thread.

Regards,
    Malathi

7. Chitvish

Dear Malathy,
    Thanks for joinig us here.
    We have become so self-centred that at this rate, we may charge our husbands for running the house, our children for bringing them up & so on !
    We have forgotten our basic nature, ie
    Paropakaram idam shareeram !
    One has to enjoy the pleasure of sharing - thereafter, you get addicted to it.
    You are welcome to share your poem. I would love to read it !
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

My dear Chitra,

I have been trying desperately from Thursday to read your post and am glad I did not miss it. You have clearly mentioned what it takes in giving and sharing without any motives. These days I find that even in children sharing has to be taught repeatedly. It seems to be a world of consumption. You are a true example of 'practice what you preach' My standing ovation to you for this brilliant topic.

Let me see were I can begin with these lessons learnt.Hope to read more of this next week.

Love,

9. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra,
    Another brilliant post....sorry for the late fb....you can see taht is is past midnight here and everyone's in bed, but i am trying to catch up with all the IL posts, since my laptop is here for the weekend( daughter is here na).....
    Loved reading that sharing knowledge makes one a contributor...i believe in that completely, and i know i derive the utmost pleasure when i am sharing my dance knowledge ....it is a nonutterable joy, which only the one who experiences can feel.....dont u feel so, when u share all your knowledge with so many of us?!
    But thanks for bringing it to our notice, e can hard to be a contributor and not only a survivor!:2thumbsup:

10. Chitvish

Dear Radha,
    Thanks for joinig without fail. Anyway, for the next few weeks, I am going to miss you in both my forums:cry:
    Children should be made to understand the pleasure in sharing from a very early age so that selfishness is a less common trait in them. Ofcourse, we cannot rule out selfishness complwtely as well, very often !
    There are many of my friends who refuse to reveal recipes & sometimes shlokas which have proved very beneficial to them at certain stages of life ! I wonder what they benefit from such actions !
    Do not wait to begin; begin straight away. Life is too short & let us benefit every day we live.
    Love,
    Chithra.