Let us educate our heart, again!

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi,
    So now we know that we have two hearts - one relating to "culture" forum & the other relating to "health forum". I think, this is only understandable, knowing the trauma you recently went through !!shakehead
    Though we refer as punyatma, pavatma etc, the attributes go only to sukshma sariram & do not affect the real Atma.
    Thanks for coming back in full swing, after a break, Bhargavi !
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithra,

That was another enlightening post....though i realised all this after last year's trauma, i still am unable to digest the fact that the sharira is not there anymore and I am unable to educate my heart on this aspect.......it is easy to understand but tough to put in practise. Of course i have accepted the fact that atma has left as it was needed elsewhere.....but it is difficult to accept that the same body along with that atma will never be seen again!
    This subject is too close to my heart right now.....you know that......and these are the questions my mother keeps asking us, and we do give her all the advises , but still all of us find it difficult to digest this fact right now!

3. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Dearest C

Many thanks for the prompt clarification...!

-Gayathri.

4. Chitvish

Dear Sudha,
    I can read the sadness between your lines.It is very true, Sudha, that it is not easy to get over the grief of a parent, spouse or child's death.
    Wait, Sudha, further verses, which are coming in Gita are very blunt & tell us, we have no right to grieve. The pill is always bitter - but swallowing it does give us relief ! It is like that, Sudha !
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra,

You have once again given a very lucid explanation about Atma and our body mind complex.
    It is more than clear about the Atma being eternal and in turn, one with Bramhan.
    All the same, this whole play of life and our temporary body for housing seem very futile. Which is what we should understand... I know. But then, what was the purpose. I need to spend some quiet and contemplative moments to dwell on this.
    Vidhi and Gayathri's questions, your answers to them, were all very enlightening. They had some of the queries that I have too.
    There is much to understand and absorb from Gita. Thanks to you, I am browsing through it. Want to and need to delve more deeply.
    And loved what you said to one member, Arjuna had Krishna...for us....He left Gita.
    If I do not make use of this great treasure, it sure is my loss.

L, Kamla

6. Chitvish

Dear Kamla,
    I quite agree with what you write.
    The more we contemplate, the more doubts we get also !
    Personally, I feel it is easy if we have the power to accept "blindly" a few things atleast. But, it is never to be in life, sadly !
    As I wrote to Sudha, the next verses convey some harsh truths - better be prepared.
    Being a Gita student, it is likely, you know what is coming next !
    Love,
    Chithra.