Let us Chit Chat SingILites! General Discussions Thread!

Discussion in 'Indians in Singapore' started by AbhiSing, Apr 25, 2008.

1. SBRose

SBRose Bronze IL'ite

Re: Singapore Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Hi Jay

I am also working in IT. Thats why most of the time you can c me online [​IMG]..lots to catch up !
    Sudha

2. SBRose

SBRose Bronze IL'ite

Hi my next door artist !
    Nice to hear from u ! Yes life is much easier in Singapore..as the country itself is highly organised. Good to hear that you can do Tanjore painting. One of cousins in Malaysia also does Tanjore painting and it is really wonderful. You can approach handicraft / art shops in Tekka / enquire / get orders. You should not waste your talents..
    Have a nice weekend !
    Sudha

3. SBRose

SBRose Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vara !

You must be very excited now as you are moving to a new place ! Good Luck to you ! Already you are very lucky as you are moving to Singapore [​IMG]..
    Any doubts you have , IL friends are always there to guide you [​IMG]
    I live in the West. It is a 15 min drive from my place to reach East coast highway !
    Have a Nice Weekend
    Sudha

4. theartisticone

theartisticone Gold IL'ite

hi Sudha and Jay,
    Thanks for your very nice and warm welcome. yes Singapore is a highly organised place, like bombay it is also v safe for ladies to travel v late at night. But one thing i really like about this placeis that it is very safe for children to travel all alone because i see very small kids travelling by MRT and bus alone!
    where are you from originally from sudha?
    Jay great, which part of chennai are you from? my parents were in alwarpet until 2006 and recently shifted to indira nagar LB road!
    What are you both really doing about the short supply of ponni raw rice? i am at present using pakistani basmati from mustafa which costs about $15.90. still it doesnt taste all that great with rasm and thayir!!
    we will keep this thread on, more in my next
    have a great weekend you both,
    su.

5. theartisticone

Hi sudha,
    I see u r online too!
    I was just thinking what to do after the rains, its all sticky and wet outside, so i thought let me go online!
    i think you said your son is in GIIS, which class? my son is in the same school he is in 7D(queenstown br).
    Su.

6. SBRose

SBRose Bronze IL'ite

Hi SU

Yes! my computer is switched on all day long and i browse now & then. I had a good refreshing nap in the afternoon. Since it was raining, got no mood to go out.
    My home town is Dindigul and i did my schooling there. When i moved to Coimbatore for my college studies, my parents shifted to Chennai. Currently they are put up in Metha nagar , Aminjikarai.
    When the rice export was banned, I panicked and bought lots of Rice bags and stocked at home. I think i am still left with 1 more bag. Usually i order groceries from tekka (the shop name is Annai Maligai). Do you want me to call them and enquire ?
    G8 to know that your son in QT GIIS. My son is in 8A ! So what plans do you have for this Sunday ? Are you going for any sale ? Robinsons sale is ON and also COMEX is there.

7. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Let us Chitchat dear SingIlites!

Hi all Sing Ilites,

I am starting this thread for all chitchats, as we are using up the introduction space , which is not appropriate.

Dear new IL members please start new threads/discuss in the appropriate threads which will help all the ILites to know any important information, that you are sharing. Thank you for understanding!

We can have fun here!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  8. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Re: Let us Chitchat dear SingIlites!

Sudha

Did you happen to meet your next door artist? Dont forget to share with us about your meetings!

9. theartisticone

Vijee,
    Sorry, will take me sometime to get used to the IL ways, so Isee u r online too. I did not happen to meet Sudha, as i didnt know if we can give our personal contact num in this forum. Will be v glad to meet all of u, at least the ILs near Alexandra for a start!
    Su.

10. SBRose

SBRose Bronze IL'ite

No Vijee couldnt meet up with her.. Not allowed to give our personal contact in IL ..so how ?