1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let us begin at IL – Happy International Women’s Day – March 08th 2015 (Sunday)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Saisakthi, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Let us begin at IL.... hold hands together and move on..

Swami Vivekananda : “ We want that Education by which Character is formed, Strength of the mind is increased, Intellect is expanded, and by which one can stand on one’s own feet”

E M Foster : Spoon Feeding in the long run teaches us nothing but the shape of the spoon.

Unfortunately that is what we are…. in the present scenario the Students even after Tertiary Degree just possess Grades/Marks/Certificates which depicts their memorization capacity and not the omniscient knowledge, makes them unavailable readily for Employment/Industry/Research (64% as per World Economist Survey) if you wish you to disagree that our children or in our known circle kids are excellent then they belong to the affordable category who go to the best schools/coaching/tuition/have parents or siblings help. But there are still others who are also the young Indian citizens of tomorrow... the big strength to transform India...

We are strong Women active here in IL, Let us begin on the International Women’s Day – March 08[SUP]th[/SUP] 2015 (Sunday) to reach out educating children who cannot afford

:yes:I can read your mind…

(1) Yeah !!! there is nothing new I am already sponsoring (maids/drivers/staff) kid, agree that most of us are already doing,

(2) Oh No!!! Like the idea, but can't afford in thousands or more,

But… WE CAN… :exactly:

Let us begin at IL collectively ...
    Take pledge this day March 08[SUP]th[/SUP] – International Women’s Day that we would share a few hard earned currencies of ours towards any one of the following for this school season:
    (may be update here to motivate others and
    also INDUSLADIES would stand a ROLE MODEL)

a. Notebooks to write – All Students
    b. Stationary – All Students
    c. Dictionary – High School kids
    d. Cursive writing practice books – Primary kids
    e. English Grammar Books
    and more…

Let the difference begin from Indus Ladies and can share more thoughts of how the help could reach the students by updating here and be the proud IL community together than being an individual event at home or at office.

Ready … Hold hands and we move on…

AUM SAIRAM

15 people like this.

2. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

I recently bought a dictionary for a needy student

I collected old 1st std and nursery English books for a woman working as a maid - she wanted to learn english and speak english - I told her she could come and talk to me and practice english any time !!

I gave notebooks, pencils, erasers and sharpeners for my son's birthday - to a 100 kids at the bridge school - where slum kids study

2 years back, 4 kids along with my son and me made several charts for the bridge school as their kids are upto 4th std - and they dont have textbooks - I've seen them using the charts even recently :)

11 people like this.
  3. Saisakthi

Continued from Post 2 above...
    [​IMG]

@Saras123 @swethasri @Laks09 @Shanvy @Sunnaa @ssm014 @Luvlyroses @Satchitananda @blackbeauty84 @jasmine25 @Latharam @godisgood @harini73, @kungumam @Akanksha1982 @madhuprabha @banujaga @chillbreeze @heron @iyerviji @jayasala42 @Srama @Yashikushi @Yellowmango @Periamma @Pushpavalli srinivasan @GaythriV @Rajinitk4 @Rakhii @Sravanitenali @Deepu04 @chkalyani @megha @Superwoman @Deepikapraveen @Nuss @Teacher @preethiitech @Akilamani @hrastro @Shruthipraveen @ammulur @Navs23 @Suryakala @vidukarth @aaral @Sarasprabhu1 @Dinny @knbg @Amma15 @rmuramka @twinkel @Magee @rkgurbani @onesweetlife @Ramya_cse

Do tag your friends/ Sisters in your reply Thanks for all your support

AUM SAIRAM

Note to @IL_Admin : some usernames are not getting tagged even if the spellings are right, Thanks

6 people like this.
  4. Saisakthi

Sister @hrastro

:thankyou2: for dropping in with the first reply.

Yes indeed, those charts make them feel happy and learn new making a difference without textbooks, Stationary is something which is like a great meal in their hand which makes them more keen to start using them,

Thanks for making a mention and support... Thank you for being there...

HAPPY WOMENS DAY..

AUM SAIRAM

1 person likes this.
  5. Saisakthi

@rmuramka Sister,

Thanks for dropping by, I had already tagged you but your username wasn't getting tagged and thought in mind if Baba wishes he will make the one who are not tagged to also drop in and there your are with your LIKE, Sorry for deviating the thread.. But yes it is True.

:thankyou2: Happy Womens day

Aum Sairam

2 people like this.
  6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

I helped my maid's daughter to participate in children's day competition conducted by AGARAM trust.The topic was "Rain" and I helped her by presenting her a poem on that subject.she has to recite and write the poem.The girl got the first prize for the presentation and I am proud as the girl is studying in the same school where I studied.she introduced me to her Teacher as an old student.Double dhamaka for me .

This is what I can do now .

12 people like this.
  7. Saisakthi

@periamma Sister,

:welcome with your contribution to the Little kid, the poem titled "Rain" and won the prize too, added value is that both of you belonging to the same school, Thereby you are kindling the young ones mind to make her itself creative in future.

Thanks for making that difference, Do share the poem if you can recollect what you wrote for the student.

Thanks for being there, HAPPY WOMENS DAY

AUM SAIRAM

1 person likes this.
  8. Saisakthi

@Sumanrathi Brother,

:thankyou2: for the Like, Please pass on our Women's Day wishes to your DW,

Sisters @Tavishi25 / @Luckwaves

:thankyou2: for stepping in, HAPPY WOMEN's DAY, AUM SAIRAM

2 people like this.
  9. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame