1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let The Rich Become Richer, And The Poor Poorer – Do You Know Who Said This?

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar,
    What more can I add to the fbs from our ilites..
    I had started to feel the real meaning for the phrase...if you need a change, see that change in you...
    Whenever I face stubborn situations, I think, maybe this is the stubbornness I have in me and then cool down, rather than blurt out..
    That 'have' in me is 'giving' me the goosebumps and I am sharing it with you all..so that I can grow in dealing with the similar situations better.

Am I out of the topic? :hide:

sriniketan

2. gypsy2

gypsy2 Bronze IL'ite

that was very nice.
    today i needed to read this to give me some positiveness.
    thank u.
    I have read a book called "the secret" which was also later made into a film. it is also about the universe resonating to our mind and thoughts . Hope we have more positiv thoughts in the universe and not just limiting to ourselves but on broader aspect of peace and happiness in the whole world

thank u
    raj

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

varlotti sir,

i enjoyed reading this blog thoroughly. it reinforces what i read a few years ago in one of the volumes of "Conversations with God". It said, "There is always more where it came from". So don't hesiate to share what you have with others. I have been trying to practice that ever since - it has worked for me so far. let us wait and watch.

that is why i found it really interesting to find you advocating the very same thought. The positive thought should moreover come from inside as a genuine, deep-rooted belief. not sufficient to say, "if i think this, this will happen". it has to be a genuine belief for it to materialize. the author used the term "the sponsoring thought" to describe the original belief deep within, which is what materializes.

amazing blog. thank you so much..

4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Darshanma, thanks a lot. That's the best compliment you can pay a writer.
    sridhar

5. varalotti

Bhargavi,
    You put it succinctly. Many times we want a change but do not want it that bad. That's why the change never happens. Once the intensity of the desire to change is there in the heart then you can bend the whole Universe at your will.
    With God everything is extremely intense. That's the reason He can do anything by mere willing of it. And added to that His love gives him the power.

That's a good one and you are not out of topic.
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Thanks, raj. ultimately it boils down to the force of our thoughts. Whether the thoughts are good or bad are secondary. What's the force with which they are sustained in your mind determines your success.
    Yes, I've heard about the book, Secret.
    Thanks for stepping in and for the nice words,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Satchitananda,

Thanks. yes I have read all the three volumes of Conversations With God. Neale Donald Walshe gives an even more beautiful example of a man about to go bankrupt helping a homeless family and how he prospered later.

At the same time I need to temper all this 'mind-power' theories with this caution. They are like double-edged swords and could harm us if we are not trained to handle that power. Our Puranas talk about so many Asuras who develop that power but do not have the maturity to handle that. In the end they are killed by the forces of love(read God).

Thanks for coming in and thanks for the nice thoughts shared with us.
    sridhar

8. anjali10

anjali10 New IL'ite

I liked buffalo and rice bag story a lot!!!

9. varalotti

Thanks a lot, Anjali. I too like it a lot.