1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let The Rich Become Richer, And The Poor Poorer – Do You Know Who Said This?

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Feb 11, 2011.

1. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar Sir.

Another wonderful message from you to us....

Uma

2. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

wow... to write up an article like this require a lot wisdom and intelligence. hats off to you Sir. Thanks for sharing these positive statements in such simple illustrations. One request - can I please re-use this with providing the copyright information

3. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

Sridhar, It makes a nice reading. Thanks for inducing such a positive thought.
    Meenakshi

4. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Sri sir,
    Your article is sending positive vibes. Really fantastic. ‘Have thought’ is the one we all should have. I like your stories that depict ‘have thought ‘as a moral.

If we really have to achieve something we should first visualize it in our mind sturdily which is also know as Alpha stage of mind.

“Dream what you want to become “ -- Abdul kalam.

5. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot Sunitha for all the nice words. These thoughts are something I practised even while going through tough times. Once I was stranded in Chennai without enough money for auto fare. For a minute I was desperate. Then I recovered and enjoyed the bus-ride. In fact with just ten Rupees in my purse I convinced the auto-driver to take up another passenger to the same destination so that he need not lose on my account.
    Thus when internal poverty is driven out, external poverty cannot stand on its own.
    thanks to the inspiring quote.
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Inspiring story, sunitha

7. varalotti

Dear Akila,
    thanks a lot.

sridhar

8. varalotti

Thanks, ice. This is one of the subtlest points in devotional literature as well as motivational psychology. I have close to a dozen examples on this. Will see them all in due course.
    thanks for coming in,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Thanks Malar. Simply because I write these kind of things it does not at all mean that I am beyond all these things. I am also trying in as much as you are. That unclutching part is very difficult.
    The trick as I have known is to get the concept deep into our mind. And when an occasion arises to just observe what our mind thinks and how our body reacts. Doing that again and again (a few days, a few years or a few million lifetimes) is the only way out.

I know which guru you are talking about. I bought a book containing his lectures. Some of the points in his book are very good. I thought I should read the book two pages a day so that I can imbibe the good qualities. But alas the very next day I saw him on the TV in the most compromising position. Now when I see his picture on the book cover the thoughts I get in my mind are not about him but about the other person.

Thanks for coming in, malar.
    sridhar

10. Sobhi

Sobhi Senior IL'ite

Sridhar Uncle

Simple theory, profound impact . What you are saying is really really true. Everything begins with our thought...

Thanks for sharing this. I think this message is passed to me at the right time when I was thinking in some direction with respect to a problem iam currently facing.

regards
    Shobha