let me see your guts (here is my challenge for the great writers to show your skills)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by aparajithaa, Jun 16, 2009.

1. aparajithaa

aparajithaa Bronze IL'ite

here is a challenge I am throwing to all the ladies and gentlemen of IL (I recently came to know there are pretty good number of gentlemen here in IL and yeah males in IL are gentle men :biglaugh I don’t mean ladies are not :bonk)

We express so many things in our day to day life. And yeah may be we have some real good communication skills to entertain and mesmerize people or to put yourself to people in an impressive way…. “BUT” not now

Cause I am “NOT” asking you to write your memorable thing, “NOR” unforgettable thing (Yeah there is a difference. Memorable thing is something which is pleasant and we want to keep it in our mind. While unforgettable thing is something we want to forget and which we cant because it is really very bad.) “NOR” I am asking you to write anything general.

Then what I am asking you to write?

"Well just write down the most embarrassing moment of your life"
    Yes I am asking for this one. Make it as detailed as possible and as humorous as a possible and show us as much as magic you have in expressing yourself. Be bold. Come on show your guts

We generally don’t like to speak of things we are embarrassed about but you know when you do which you don’t feel like doing ever is a REAL CHALLENGE

ADVANTAGES
    *Brings in humor and make someone smile
    *You will overcome the embarrasement
    *it will show how bold you are
    * at this step you will just tell your embarrassing incident but next you will be bold enough to even accept your mistakes in public(based on response i am planning to open one)
    *sharing this shows how can you communicate even under stress
    *you won the chellenge :biglaugh

well as always i want someone else to take the initiative but if no one is ready i will start off myself

cheers
    :cheers

with love
    ~Appu~

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009

2. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Re: let me see your guts (here is my challenge for the great writers to show your ski

Dear Aparajithaa,
    I am not responding to the challenge but sharing one of the most embarrassing moments in my life and I still dont know how I wriggled out of the situation.I was to look for a bridegroom for my niece.A boy had come and seen her but somehow the chemistry was lacking and the girl moreover felt that the boy was money minded.The proposal was dropped.Six months passed and we continued to look for other alliances.We short listed a match in Bombay and the boy was to come to Chennai on 8th june 2002 and they had booked the train ticket for 6th june.
    We went on a pilgrimage and returned to Chennai on 2nd june.On 3rd june the father of the boy whom we had met six months back rang me up,enquired about my niece and incidentally said that the boy is refusing to marry any one else and can his son call up my niece and clear the misunderstanding?In the meanwhile the boy himself called up my niece and forcefully cleared the misunderstanding.The girl quietly told me on 5th evening that she has decided to marry the boy and all misunderstandings were cleared.I had to ring up the Bombay boy at 11o clock in the night on 5th june 7 hours before the departure of the train and explain the situation.I died a thousand deaths explaining the situation and apologising profusely.Had they been present I would have prostrated before them. What made it worse was that it was an excellent family ,the boy was well placed and I had established a personal rapport with them.Imagine the embarrassment to the family to explain to the boys aunt with whom they were to stay at Chennai.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2009
  3. aparajithaa

Re: let me see your guts (here is my challenge for the great writers to show your ski

thank you for the response sir
    yeah indeed that was a difficult time to explain someone at that peak time

cheers
    :cheers

4. aparajithaa

well here is my experience

5. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear Appu,
    there are so many. If I write all , it would come as "Mahabharath". so here I will share one incident during my college days.When I was studying in college I used to be the most mischievous and naughty girl. A gang of friends would always there to back me. But I was equally good in studies and extracurricular activities , professors would not care much.
    One day, we were waiting for our Organic chemistry professor.
    Here, I have to say a few lines about her. She was very brilliant in her subject. but she did know the art of teaching. Whenever she came to the class, she would hold a chalk in her hand, turned to the side of black board and would be teaching . For outsider,it would be like she was conversing with the board. On that day, she was having some discussion with the Principal. The attender came and informed that she may or may not come to the class. Overjoyed by the unexpected free time we got, my friends asked me to imitate her and take the class.I also became so enthusiastic by their words. I walked to the table, adjusted my saree like her, took the chalk turned to the board. I pronounced each word like her and there was a roar of applause and laughter.
    Encouraged by this, I continued by acting without turning.
    Suddenly there was pindrop silence. Without realizing what is going on, I turned around, saying " Why you all want to give respect to me". when I turned I saw two figures standing near the door of the class room. They are noneother than our
    professor and principal!!!! Imagine my plight!!!!
    with love
    pad

6. aparajithaa

I did expect you would be caught that way.by the way what happened after that? you skipped the main part. I seriously want to know this :biglaugh

I did this imitating lecturers all the time but never was caught.
    But once there was a new lecturer that was her second class but for me and anu it was her first class as we skipped her class the day before. And the lecturer is yet to come and we are waiting for her in the class.I turned back and was speaking to some one. Suddenly anu asked "what subject will she teach?" .I shouted aloud to the class "Arey someone tell me what she teaches? Ofcourse I dont care as I bunked on my first class but now i need to know for anu as we have to attend today.However I decided to sleep" (this conversation went in telugu) and then suddenly anu pinched me and said madam is in the class :biglaugh

You should have seen my face. I kept my head in my bag acting as if i am searching something :bonk but she did not react. After sometime i thought she might have not heard and started listening to the class. It was reasoning class and I did great. Answered all of them in the time she expected or even in shorter time except for 3 questions out of 15 she was badly impressed and asked me to come to staff room.I thought she heard my comments and going to scold me but she rather appreciated me and gave me a chocolate :thumbsup and later i found out she cant understand telugu

then i relaxed :coffee