1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow..!

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by gayathriar, Dec 17, 2007.

1. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

The past weekend was the first large snow this year. And it was also my kid's first snow that he could really play with. So, we bundled him up and played with snow balls and made snow man.

Of course, this morning was another story filled with school closing and scrubbing cars and a very slow commute to work...!

How much snow did you guys have in your place??? Any interesting/frustrating stories???

-Gayathri.

2. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Gayathri -

Let it snow and not ice is my motto here in Kansas. We had an ice storm last week - beautiful to look at but treacherous to drive! I love winter - I stop to admire the beauty that it brings around us. When my daughter was little - we used to go outside and make a snowman and snow angels, etc! Was lot of fun - my husband would take her sleigh riding in the park nearby - it is a lot of fun with kids. Now my kid is not a kid anymore and I miss those days - so go ahead and enjoy with your child.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  3. bipasha

bipasha Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    It was my first know here last week. I was all alone at home looking out of the window. It was simply beautiful.Made me forget all my sorrows and tensions.I just stuck to the window till it stopped snowing...

The next one was this weekend. So I went out for a walk with my hubby and we did take a lot of snaps and played with snowballs...It was so much Fun!!!

Bipasha

4. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Nice to know about your experience Shobana...I guess you are one rare person who can stop and admire the beauty winter( snow ) brings.

Sleighing sounds like a cool idea....! Thanks for joining here Shobana.

-Gayathri.

5. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello,
    Last week, we had enough snow back to back in North east.
    Last Thursday was horrible with commuting back to home.
    It took nearly 6hrs to get back home and was not able to pick up kids from school before the early closures.
    Then shoveling the drive way for an hour.
    Again last Sunday was horrible with snow, ice rain and rain.
    Shoveling was bad, as snow was wet and heavy.
    Waiting for this weekend for some warm temperature so that snow would melt off.
    ~Punitha

6. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi all

Here we had a heavy snow fall some 10 days before......it was very beutiful and it was a speail because this is my first experience in snow - my first winter here. And day before yesterday we had a snow storm....though it was so beutiful to see its so dangerous....

7. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Hey Gayathri,

How are you? You and me both in the same boat or same snow path :) We didnt play out with the kid since he was already having cold & cough.. But heard from the day care next day that they brought snow inside the room and played with it.. oh well :)

Glad to hear little G had a good time.

Catch you later. :)