1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let’s Relax This Time With A New Year Party!

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Dec 26, 2006.

1. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Its good & bad put together

Hello Sridhar,

We’ve all crossed another year together & Its such a wonderful feeling to see all of us still holding hands (though virtual) & sharing & bullying & having fun here.

Times have changed Sridhar. there's no depth in anything these days - everything is shallow - from relationships to emotions to passion to love to new year celebration to.......... (Am I getting old???? I feel as if I'm preaching. but then, you surely sound old Sridhar - I think its time you revealed us your actual age.<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/> </v:shapetype><v:shape id="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:24pt; height:24pt'/><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]-->:mrgreen:<!--[endif]-->

Now for the NY eve party, I did enjoy partying with friends initially and after marriage of course with my hubby. Since both of us don't like too much of a crowd & heavy metal, etc we attend only private parties with family - though we have DJs playing heavy music it's all love songs most of the time & I have a great time pulling my hubby (who’s not used to such stuff) to the dance floor & dance with him & Deepu. Sometimes Men do loose control & its up to the women to dress up decently and maintain dignity and I don’t believe in exchanging partners & stuff like that… I'm very choosy & careful while talking to men & if they are drunk then I don't go anywhere near them. I'm scared of drunkards.

This year we are planning to be at home - prepare good food (courtesy Chitra), play some good music, watch TV, light few lamps in the puja & few candles at dining, call friends at midnight & wish them. Stop, stop, stop!!!!!! Sridhar, maybe I’m really getting old, I just don’t seem to enjoy going out for parties these days – If you are 28 then I shld atleast remain 20. With another year coming to an end, I’m more worried about getting old now.
    <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->
    Have I grown old already????? It would be nice if someone could say a big NO–
    No party, no going out, light lamps & candles at home … that leaves me thinking… have I changed so soooon, God, am I getting O….
    <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->
    Sridhar, your thread have left me :cry:about something else so bye for now & whatever you are doing for this year end day, pls do know that our good wishes are always there for you & your family. Have a Wonderful Year Ahead & Hope to see more of your writing in the next year tooooo. Hope Indhu is busy planning menu for NY Eve. My special wishes to Preethi too.

Regards,

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

I tell you, You are not at all old, Meena!

Hello Meena,

You have the knack of making a light-hearted thread a very heavy one. Now regarding your worries about ageing, let me assure you,
    number one, when the year passes, everyone, I mean, everyone, will be up in their age by one.
    and number two, you are not all old, Meena. You are just 20. Are you happy now?
    You have rightly said there is no depth in anything these days. Not only our movies and books, but also our people have become shallow. The relationships have become even more shallow. The emotions are just skin deep. People are afraid of depths now. It is okay to fear depths in water; but it is a deplorable state if one is afraid to get involved.

Now tell me what age I should reveal? If you want the chronological age which is nothing but some calendar calculations based on the accident of my birth, I am completing 49 in April 2007. But if you want my real age, which is how my mind thinks and responds to life then my age is what I have been telling all along, 28. While the latter will stay the same for all time to come, the former will go up by one with the passing of each year. I am not at all concerned with the former age, Meena. I am focussing all my energies on the later age.

That's the reason my publisher called me up today to tell me that my translation of love stories have come out very well. I had to confess to him the real reason for my success; that I have been falling in love, again and again, with Life itself. And before love of Life, the love between a man and woman, to use our Super Stars terminology, is a mere "jujube"

I am very happy to hear about your new year's plan this year. I have been following that for so many years. This time I plan to start something very new, may be write a new story, prepare the outline for the next book, or think about some other project. I plan to do normal work on 1st January. In fact I have committed to the new group of boys and girls we have recruited that I will start their technical training session on 1st.

So Meena, rest assured, please, that you are not at all old. And you will never become old, unless you think you are.
    With these sentiments, let me wish you, Dr.Prakash and Dipthi a very happy and a prosperous new year. May you be blessed with everlasting youth and happiness for all days to come.
    regards,
    sridhar

3. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

no more heaviness, let's be light

Hello Sridhar,

thanks for your assurance. I don't want any thread to go heavy anymore.
    My friends were bullying me on my decision & I was just kidding & thats it.
    BTW, I'm surprised to see you reveal your actual age - no problem anyway. Like you said, its just calendar calculations. that way, I'm not even 20, much younger.

Let's forget all about numbers & walk towards 2007 with the hope that it would bring in more peace & happiness. Let's calculate nos only in good wishes & good deeds & happy moments........and let the number be a big one at that.

Happy New Year !!!!!!!!!!!

4. varalotti

Something Sweet This Saturday!

Most Gracious ILites,
    I dont want to load something heavy on you during this new year weekend; at the same time I do not want you to miss an opportunity as the old year comes to a close.
    So we are going to learn about Sweet Nothings, this Saturday.
    I take this opportunity to wish you all a very happy and a prosperous New Year 2007.
    regards,
    Varalotti

5. varalotti

Not So Sweet, This Wednesday!

Most Gracious ILites,

We were quite relaxed during the last one week discussing New year parties and sweet nothings.

It is high time we get into another controversy. And what better controversy is there than to women about age and ageing?

Thats what I have attempted for this Wednesday's thread. If it is offensive please forgive me. But offensive or not, these are the lessons we have to learn in our life.

I want your views on this sensitive topic. Needless to say, without your views my thread will never be complete.

Regards,
    Varalotti