Lessons You Have Learnt In Life...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, May 24, 2021.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

This type of comment sure to encourage to strive more. Thanksfrom bottom of my heart.
    If you feel mere click of LIKE button is not adequate enough of appreciation, then text as below:

LIKE to power “n” or LIKE>n

messedup likes this.
  2. Thyagarajan

@Gayathri30 it is greatly satisfying to get a click of LIKE from very senior member of over a decade though not very active. Wherever you are God Bless you.

In so far as lessons Learnt in life, I must say it greatly and widely differs from place to place and Nation to Nation.

Two married orthodox Brahmin brothers bought adjacent flats. One later sold his flat to Muslim. Simultaneously the flats on next floor owned by Christians. The orthodox Brahmin surrounded by non veg. He had no other go. He sold his flat and moved out. He could not endure cosmopolitan surroundings.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    anika987 and messedup like this.
  3. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

I have learned many lessons. A few that I follow for content and peaceful life:

1. Be yourself: Unapologetically you! Respect yourself and spend time with just you- at least a few minutes a day! This will help you unwind and relaxed!

2. Love what you do! Do you love your career? Go for it! Do you like being home with or without kids? Go do it! No need to explain your choices!

3. Love unconditionally, Laugh loudly (and often), Live with a purpose!

4. Keep your loved ones close (in person, by phone, or Whatsapp... whatever works!). If you think about a friend, send them a message! If you miss a family member- call! It's just that simple!

5. Prune! Keep the toxicity out of your life. Toxic people, toxic work environment, toxic relations.....stay away from all the negativity!

6. Your spouse is your equal partner! Don't try to be his/her parent! Give each other room to grow! Celebrate each other!

7. Ego and expectations kill joy! Keep them away from you!

8. Your happiness is in your own control! Do what makes you happy! Friends and family are important to help us get through rough days (and share joyful moments) but one shouldn't expect someone else to make them happy!

9. Give the gift of time! Give your family and friends your undivided attention. Just do something nice for strangers if your heart desires! Volunteer/tutor for free....whatever you can to help others!

10. I loved what @Laks09 said, so saying it again! Be independent (financially and also in other aspects of your life). Even when you don't work outside your home, be financially literate!

hridhaya, Laks09, anika987 and 4 others like this.
  4. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Dear @anika987
    Thank you for starting this wonderful thread....
    Keep coming up with such wonderful threads.

Nandu

5. Thyagarajan

At point 6 the word grow with exclamatory mark! I read it in haste as Growl.

nuss likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

These are golden nuggets from Goutham Buddha. I would have enjoyed it still better had an Englis translation appeared side by side.
    Thanks

messedup likes this.
  7. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

I too feel the same when you post in another language... :blush::blush:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Thyagarajan

:hello:I agree with you. I appreciate your inquisitiveness what is written in my tamil posts. I shall keep it in mind!
    In a forum of English posts if I happen to quote non English texts, I invariably endeavour to translate. Forum full of non English and only Tamil, I consider translation not worthwhile.
    Many of my anecdotes in Tamil in Tamil Forum, I did complete translation into English & posted it in forum that deals only in English.
    God Bless.

9. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.

Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it.

No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.

The mind is everything. What you think you become.

You only lose what you cling to.

You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.

Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.

Thyagarajan and anika987 like this.
  10. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

If something bad happens to you, introspect. Maybe you are going to the wrong path and need to straighten up.

No is a complete sentence

You don't always get what you want in life.

Thyagarajan and messedup like this.