1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Less Luggage

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by jayasala42, Jan 12, 2023.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Death Cleaning*...

*A practical Swedish Concept*

After hitting 55, we should all do a ‘Death Cleaning'.

This is the methodical cleaning and clearing out of all things, material and mental, that we have accumulated over the years of our active past.

Firstly, the clothes, accessories, artefacts, momentos, collectibles, gifts, memorabilia and other sundry items, all of which we no more need.

Once we are truly old, the world has no time or place for us.
    Our family will have no time for us. *(because they have their own life to lead)*

After our death why burden others about clearing out our things?

It is better that while we are still able bodied and healthy, to methodically and systematically give away our things to deserving people, who are happy to receive and use them.

1) Be firm and focussed when clearing out stuff.

2) Do it in an organised manner, on a time schedule based on your own necessities.

3) Don’t get emotional and sentimental. Be practical.

4)Start by doing a little bit of ‘Death Cleaning every week, every month, every year.

5) *stop* buying too many new things & Things you don’t need just because you have money.

*Just* hold on to your money as long as you are alive and.... *write your will*

_But_ ....

1)treasure your memories for they are carried with us as we move on through different lifetimes.

2) If we have hurt someone knowingly or unknowingly, let's say sorry, seek forgiveness and clear our conscience.

3) let's Say thank you to all who’ve helped us.

4) let's not hold on to grudges, so when we go, we go peacefully, without any karmic baggage.....

*Carry only a good mind and good memories.... that is our genetic imprint*.

*Less luggage more comfort*

Jayasala42

Minoou, Mistt, swarnamary and 3 others like this.

2. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

Interesting! I am starting to make my bucket list of whom I should ask sorry to.

When it comes to materialistic things I bet its not going to be hard for guys sorry. just my 2 cents. Good share.

joylokhi likes this.
  3. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Excellent pointers worth pondering over and implementing. Regarding material things although i try to consciously reduce buying stuff i would not need, however accumulations over the years seems hard to give away, but needs to be done as so well brought out! Yes, the mental aspects are still more relevant - hope i can follow! thanks for the forward!

4. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

very interesting concept to know.

5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: Madam sister,
    I happen to have glimpses sometime back about travel light to destination so that enroute one is comfortable to fellow-travellers. It reminded me of slogans of indian railways and their terms for carrying ones luggage which includes tamed animals like horse and dogs.

A Russian dog was crest fallen when his master not returned at the station and it was daily waiting at station at a particular time for over several months. It carried its masters image when one day it collapsed at the plaza proximity to that railway station. A statue at the plaza at station of this dog speaks volume.

At the evening of one’s life, One can clear off personal effects by distribution or by donating and or by will. It is easy to say but not practical. After distribution there is division among siblings and they do not care for their parents and treat them as burden. So difficult it is to part with luggage. Seniors read parents - command respect and better treatment by their children only if they possess and continue those assets without writing any will.

But karma + or - it can’t be willed to others. This luggage will have to be carried through several births till there is no balance of karma. But then it is said karmapalan goes to their children and thus this baggage is not easy to shake off.

Kudos to madam sister that This sharing helped me to research and get more insight*
    Regards.

*'Swedish death cleaning’ is the newest decluttering trend

joylokhi likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame