1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Less Is More!!

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by beautifullife30, Jul 15, 2016.

1. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Hey guys,

I just prepared a simple curry yesterday. With just four ingredients and it tasked just awesome. Really. so I just wanted to chat the recipe here for you guys.

It a simple French beans curry.

Ingredients:
    French beans: 150 grams chopped to small pieces
    Garlic cloves: 4
    oil: 1 TBSP
    Water: as needed
    Salt: to taste

Added oil to pan. Dropped in the garlic, once they got fried a little, added the beans, salt, water and covered and cooked on simmer for 15-20 mins.

Tada!! awesome curry was ready. It was so good that I made a sandwich out of it for me while my hubby liked to eat it with rice.

Do try and let me know how you guys like it. also do share recipes which are so simple yet very very tasty and flavorful.

2. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

here's another one! This one goes with any variety of beans....its another amazing recipe!!

Ingredients
    Beans: 250 grams (any variety would do, chopped finely)
    Oil: 1 TBSP
    Salt: to taste
    coconut: 2 inch piece
    garlic: 3 cloves
    jeera: 1 tsp + 1 tsp
    water as needed
    chilli & Turmeric powders

Procedure:
    Add oil, add jeera, once splutters, add the cut beans, salt, water and cover and cook on simmer for 20 mins until beans is tender.

Grind the coconut, garlic and jeera to a coarse paste and keep aside

Add the chilli (as per taste) & turmeric powders to beans and after 3 mins switch off the flame. now immediately add the coconut paste mixture. Cover and let it stew for a few minutes.

The taste is amazing guys! The entire taste for this curry comes from the coconut mixture. The curry should not be cooked after this is added. Just cover the curry and let the flavors get imbibed in the vegetable.