Lengthy Periods after 8 months of delivery

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by SuccessQueen, Oct 26, 2014.

1. SuccessQueen

SuccessQueen New IL'ite

I delivered baby in the feb month. After that I got my periods on May but it lasted for only 2 days with minimal spotting. Now I got a heavy periods after 8 months of my delivery and it is lasting for more than 10 days. Is this normal ladies? Do anyone have similar experience?

2. swetapadmaja

swetapadmaja New IL'ite

Hi,
    After delivery some stress levels increase in the body which may lead to these kind of situations.
    Be calm.. drink tulsi tea to releive from stress.. Take good quality sleep daily.
    Asokarishta may be useful to you for heavy periods.
    This is an ayurvedic medicine and dosage is written on the botle itself.
    There are no side effects as I m using it...
    Hope this is helpful to you.

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Some women have heavier periods after a baby. For the first couple of days try not to do strenuous work (lifting, mopping, gym, etc.) and get your feet up as you can. Don't take any medicines that will make you bleed harder (aspirin, ibuprofen, etc). The Chinese herbalists also have some pills to lessen bleeding (of any kind) which I used to get for a friend of mine. You should mention all this to your gynecologist next check up. If you are bleeding so heavily that you change a full size pad in less than two hours, go soon to the gynecologist.