Legal advice needed for my friend's niece married life issue

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by banujaga, Apr 19, 2013.

1. banujaga

banujaga Gold IL'ite

Need help!!!

Dear all,

My friend’s niece is in trouble and I would need my dear ILites help to come out of this situation.

My friend’s niece (Nisha) was married 10 years ago. Unfortunately, she did live a happy life thereafter. She was being beaten up and tortured with words every now and then by her in-laws and DH. The torture was so much that she had to stay separately in her own house. During this time, she became pregnant and delivered a cute little baby girl in her mother’s house. After the birth, the torture was much more that she could not bear it. Due to heated arguments, she was left with no option but to approach the local police for help, as her parents were also not of much help. The police took this case seriously and made her DH stay in the station for 1 day, just as a warning and to take her back, for which he refused. He has now forgotten all that he did to her but only remembers the insult he underwent in the police station and want to take revenge on her.

After some days, she asked him for forgiveness and went and stayed with him for few days. During this period, he wantingly started smoking and leaving the smoke on the baby’s face, holding Nisha’s hairs and banging it on the wall in front of the baby, making them starve and eating in front of them. One whole night, he made both of them to stay outside the house when it was raining heavily. Due to all these, she came back again to her parents’ house and filed a case stating that she does not want to live with him and claimed maintenance for her baby.

For the last 10 years, she is staying with her parents and the situation is getting worst. Her daughter is studying well and she is the STAR student not only in the class but for the whole school.

The case is going on and on for the last 6 years but no luck. The court had asked him to pay Rs. 1000 every month, but he gives her Rs. 1000 once in 5 months stating that he is depressed and he is not working anymore……….. (as a individual, I would not believe this becoz if that is the case, then where does he go everyday in the morning with his bag?).

The girl is depressed and she is not eating properly, keeps going to temples and doing all pujas, etc. Besides, she is not getting any support from her parents’ side too. Now, they blame her only and think that she is a burden to them. She was earning in a reputed company but the lawyer had advised her not to go to work or else she cannot claim any alimony. So, whatever savings she has, she is using that money for her kid’s education, her desires, her needs, etc with no support from anyone. She is so depressed that at one point of time, she wanted to end her life but she thought of her daughter.

Now, she says that she wants to go and live with her husband only for her daughter’s sake. But that guy is not ready to talk to anyone and just wants to keep postponing the case. I advised her that it should be this end or that end and not in between. Also, I feel that after all these, she should not go to him or else she will have to face many more difficulties both mentally and physically. Instead, she should see if she can get permission to go for a part time job atleast so that she can get some financial support and take care of her kid.

Please friends, please, please, please,……… help her.

Banu

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2013

2. poojasaruthri

poojasaruthri Junior IL'ite

She can go for the job at any time. But only she will not be getting maintenance from him. But you can get for the child. The child is eligible for maintenance.

Please contact me through private messages. You can sign up for
    private messages here - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/payments.php

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2013