1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Left!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Apr 23, 2013.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Though people called Karunakaran as 'Swamy' [it was not by default; he spent crores of money and a few years to be called thus], he saw it only as a lucrative business, where one could get loafs of money. And he kept his interests in private and secrets deeper. It was just then that Swamy Omkarananda came to the city where he had his ashram. Karunakaran then felt compelled to invite the Swamy to his ashram and sent one of his assistants. The swamy gently refused. This flared up Karunakaran.

Karunakaran then asked one of his assistants to go and attend one of the discourses of the swamy. The assistant came back stating that the crowd was close to ten thousand, but that was huge compared to Karunakaran's earlier discourse, inspite of giving free meal. He went in person to see Swamy Omkarananda and invite him again for a function scheduled in his ashram two days later. The Swami refused, stating that it was time for him to leave from that city, the next night anyway. That night Karunakaran arranged for one of the guys to 'plant' evidences in the Swamy's room [he stayed in the public hall, the expenses paid out by his disciples] and 'expose' them the next day to the press. His plan worked to a dot and there was a photo released to the press in which a skimpily clad woman was lying in the place where the Swami used to sleep.

There was a furore as a result of this and people started collecting in large numbers. Nobody questioned the 'evidence', but were hellbent on punishing the Swami. The police swarmed the place all over and made arrangements to take the Swami under custody. Karunakaran laughed out loud with his assistant who helped him, while seeing the confused Swami. He then went alone to one of his secret locations where he usually enjoyed the earthly pleasures. The next morning, he woke up very late and was surprised to see the headlines of the newspaper. "False allegations busted!", it read, with a portrait of the Swami. His assistant who planted the evidence had actually surrendered to the police, saying all the truth the earlier night, without leaking his name.The press and the entire gang of people who were there earlier, accumulated near the townhall.

They were informed that the Swami had left as planned earlier.

2. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

Whatever happens, those who walk the right path, come out without any harm.
    Thanks,
    Lakshmi

3. rgsrinivasan

True Lakshmi. Also, they won't be carried away in anything, be it praise or otherwise too. Thanks for your feedback. -rgs

4. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

offcourse walking on the right path is too difficult If we did we are great

5. rgsrinivasan

I completely agree, Sumanrathi. Thanks for your feedback. Happy to receive a first from you. -rgs

6. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

seemed that you are portraying the story of Nityanand......do you still think that all the allegations against him was staged........ just my thought, not intended to hurt anyone...

7. rgsrinivasan

The story is not about Nityanand, though there is a coincidence, I agree on that Meeta. But the point that I liked to convey is that such saints never like to get in to such controversy and importantly, do not revel in glory as well. They will just do what they have to do.

Coming to Nityanand, while I may not be sure about that actress episode, I definitely do not like the arrogance and the nonchalance that he portrays in interviews and the wealth that he is so grandly displaying wherever he goes [even the Kumbh Mela]. Of course, I am not his follower right from day 1. In this path, one should not have such desires, I feel. -rgs