1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Left!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Oct 23, 2013.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Aspire, for your feedback and welcome back too. Coming to your last line first - When we enjoy, quite often we forget ourselves and long for more and more. When we immerse ourselves in something [like a sorrow], we feel every bit of it and indeed may end up perceiving it as several hundred times bigger that what it actually is. I liked your explanation of desire continuing for some more time. Perhaps that happens to be the very nature of most of us, I feel - Longing for something desperately and looking for something else while we are closer to it. -rgs

1 person likes this.
  2. rgsrinivasan

I agree to your view and appreciate your stand on this Viswa. That comes from, I believe, going through a lot of trials either of yours or of others that you came to know about. With the fickle mind that I have, my interest quickly moves on to other things when I can't get something that I desired once, like that fox saying sour grapes and moving on.
    Osho suggested indulging, hoping that one day, we would realize and hence come out of it. I am not sure whether I ever would. But then, there is always a hope and a wish to see it true. Thanks for your nice feedback. -rgs

3. rgsrinivasan

Accepted Syamala. But when to draw a line is the most difficult question and our mind often likes to go beyond when we try to contain it. I liked your mention of the boredness that we may get reading many books of a same writer. The joy that you get in the first, is not experienced in the other. Yes. I read 2 Chetan Bhagat's novels back to back [a mistake] and could not even complete the second, as I found it to be thoroughly boring with almost no variation in style, content or even expressions. Thanks for your feedback. Difficult to follow yes, but worthier advice. -rgs

4. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Why do we feel that we are overdoing something when we actually are trying to indulge ourselves more? Where comes the guilt or that restlessness which makes us to go, do something else?

Dear RGS,
    We are conditioned by the upbringing we have. The upbringing is conditioned by the norms of the society we live in.
    There has always been a stigma attached to personal enjoyment. I have known people ( mostly of the older generations, mostly women) who firmly believed they had no right to enjoy even lifes simple pleasures. There is so much guilt loaded into indulgence.
    Other than that there is also the factor of "too much of a good thing". One sickens of certain things, quite naturally.

1 person likes this.
  5. Smitham84

Smitham84 Gold IL'ite

Loved it !!! :

1 person likes this.
  6. rgsrinivasan

Thanks for your appreciation Smithan84. Happy to receive a first from you. -rgs

7. rgsrinivasan

I agree to your view ManjuReddy. Those were the days when many suffered and money was not available to many. They toiled hard to even meet their day to day needs. Perhaps that might be the reason they restrained themselves and their wards too. But I am glad that the situation has changed today. Alas, the way of life and families too. Also, I completely agree to your last two lines. Thanks for your time, like and feedback. -rgs