Leaving Everything To Spouse In Will

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by Rihana, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Perhaps i wasn't completely clear with my communication in the earlier response. I completely agree with your statement above and all I meant by quoting succession act is that tenets of following the division by succession act could be a fair proposition for purposes of making a will.

Rihana likes this.
  2. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Succession act division of property is NOT, and never had been a fair proposition; it is the idiotic, but the only default in cases of intestacy (dying without a will). People should also wonder why the FATHER of the decedent is not in this class of heir ?!! ROFLOL !!

When the property owner is alive with all her (or his) faculties intact, s/he would be a much better judge of who among her Class-1 relatives deserves how much, or ANY of it. Some people may want to leave it all to their gardener (Lady Chatterly, for example).

In the Indian scene, with such Loooong delays in adjudications of probate cases, taking a will to probate can really age whoever is the heir, and shorten their lifespan. If the owner of the estate wanted to do any favors to the heirs, s/he would consult estate planning lawyers well before passing on, and use the ways and means available to pass on the wealth without the help of any courts or wills.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    Rihana and joylokhi like this.