learning to drive at 31..advice pls

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by abinayasarvan, Aug 25, 2013.

1. abinayasarvan

abinayasarvan New IL'ite

hi guys,
    I am ooking for some advice on learning to drive...somehow i didnt feel the need earlier to drive.but now i feel that i need to drive to make life more easiear for me..I am 31 ,do you guys think it is difficult to learn driving at this age...
    any advice ...

2. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Firstly age has nothing do with driving. People as young or as old can drive. Im not sure about UAE because I drive in USA. You can take few driving lessons and practice first before getting license. In US, we first get the learner's permit (written test) and then the license. I practiced the written test through the state website and the driving manual. Also observe the road signs and rules when you go with someone. Here we have many videos which explains the rules. Look for such videos in your country. First start with residential neighbourhoods where speed limit is less. Slowly you will get confidence. Good luck.

3. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Hi OP,

First get a qualified instructor to teach you. Most husbands get really flustered while teaching their wives and are more harmful to your confidence than not! Also choose an automatic transmission rather than manual. Helps concentrate on the roads better, I guess than when you have to change gears.

Go and enjoy yourself!

2 people like this.
  4. satyasrinivas80

satyasrinivas80 Silver IL'ite

No, it's not difficult to learn driving at your age. Join a good driving school and learn!

5. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

Age is JUST a no. dear , you can learn anything at any age :thumbsup all the best you can do it!!!

6. sara1104

sara1104 Senior IL'ite

Hi Abi... My mom learnt driving 2 wheeler at an age of 45.. She have'nt had a hand even with a bicycle... I still remember her waking me up at 2 AM and ask her doubts about sitting posture while making a U turn... To my surprise, she passed her car driving test with colors after few months..:2thumbsup:

3 people like this.
  7. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    I recently learnt driving(still learning) and I used to meet different fellow learners each time. Two of them were 60+ of age,who were learning now due to sheer necessity,in spite of being in the U.S for most of their lives. One of them didn't even know english. I really felt inspired and proud of them,and a bit ashamed of me thinking that I couldn't do it. I don't know if they have got their DL yet,or still learning.But I salute their spirit!

You can do it,friend. Whats age got to do with it! You are not alone.Check out this thread for useful tips and encouragement !

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/g...202130-dmv-test-tips-experiences-success.html

3 people like this.
  8. evelinrony

evelinrony Gold IL'ite

Hi Abi,

As everyone said age never matters...my MIL is learning driving now...she is 65...then u surely can...please make sure u get urself enrolled at a good institute...I did in belhasa and please dont go for lady instructors....and just bring confidence...u can do it and it would be the best option for a lady living in UAE...

All the best

2 people like this.
  9. Madhulatha87

Madhulatha87 Bronze IL'ite

Great info