Learning French, Spanish and German

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by vidhu63, May 28, 2010.

1. vidhu63

vidhu63 Gold IL'ite

Dear Friends,

Am planning to learn a Foreign language. Actually it is my long time

dream. Which language is very sweet to talk out of Spanish, French and

German? What could be the fees? How many levels are there? Will I get a

job based on that. Where are all the places I can work? Can anyone help me.

2. vidhu63

vidhu63 Gold IL'ite

no one to help me?

3. divs

divs New IL'ite

Hi,

I'm no expert on this but I'll just list down whatever I know.

You could contact Alliance Francaise with your queries on French. They offer French lessons for all levels of learners and they would be able to better assist you with your specific doubts. Or check out their website.

Since you live in Bangalore, here is the link to their Bangalore website - Home|Alliance Franaise de Bangalore

For German lessons, you could check out the Max Mueller Institute. Here is the Bang link - Bangalore - Welcome to the Goethe-Institut in Bangalore-Goethe-Institut

I hope this helps. Learning any new language is always a wonderful experience. Good luck with your study! :thumbsup

Divs

4. vidhu63

vidhu63 Gold IL'ite

Hi divs,

Thank you for reply and the guidance. I 'll check those websites and see. Thanks a lot once again.

5. needhelp123

needhelp123 Silver IL'ite

German is very difficult especially the grammar.
    I am having a funny link about learning german:
    Nothing For Ungood Blog Archive Don’t learn German

I had french at school and it is manageable. Don't know much about spain but sounds lovely.

6. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

I am currently taking up proficiency exams in French(equivalent to TOEFL in English). Another 2 weeks to go:drowning. Not very hard for me as I already know to converse in French and can read well too.
    I am guessing that Spanish is the sweetest of the lot. If there are some proficiency exams in that,you can take it up. If you are in India, I think you can try for translator type of jobs or if you are in IT, then I know some companies recruit based on Foreign language skills. But, for all these oppurtunuties, you wil need to cross atleast 2-3 levels.
    If you learn French,then Allainse Francais is a good bet. You can travel and work in FRance and other French speaking countries like Canada. You can apply to French universities too,if you clear their exams.

Choosing the language depends on your interest too. Do not start to learn a subject only because of career prospects. It gets hard to master it if we have aims like these in mind. JMO.

Good Luck,
    Let me know if you need any info in French.

7. haagesummane

haagesummane Gold IL'ite

Hola,

I have started learning spanish and i have completed level 1 almost 9 months ago.Today i enrolled for level 2 in hyderabad.

Adios..