1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Learn To Love - Episode 7

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Jan 12, 2012.

1. leela2k6

leela2k6 New IL'ite

"The Idea is to maintain the correct distance" - Very well said sridharji...Hats off..very true and quite applicable to human relationships..

2. sureshmiyer

sureshmiyer Silver IL'ite

nice reading varalotti sir
    I am inspired by you

do read the story series i have started when you find time
    "The Mysterious Killer Sack"

warm regards
    Suresh

3. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Wat to say..... you made me dumbfounded.... super episode..

The intermingling verses of Gita brought more weightage to the whole episode...Distance in relationships is one which everybody needs to learn..

I am just enjoying the pace of the story and the way it is shaping up.... All the characters have been chiselled to perfection...

Great going Sridhar!

4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Pallavi for being the very first to comment. I have quoted the Siberian porcupine example hundreds of times in my writings. (The idea is not mine. I picked it up from Readers Digest several years ago) And yet it has not lost its charm.
    the story is taking a turn next episode.
    stay tuned. thanks for coming in,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

the porcupine story has a relevance to all our lives, Charu. Whenever I am emotionally hurt I go back and find out the reason. In 9 out of ten cases the reason is that I have gone much closer to a person than warranted. And that is sure to hurt.
    thanks for coming in, charu.

6. varalotti

thanks a lot, Hema. All of us are like Arjunas. And all of us do have our Krishnas. But most of the time we don't realise that.
    The chakra vyuham designed by the modern day Krishna's is going to get much more than a mere victory in the war for Rishi.
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Dear Usha,
    I'll reveal a secret to you. When I write I go into the world inhabited by the characters. I virtually live with them. So I don't miss out on the details. I always observe people's dress. Many times I have told women who are perfect strangers that their dress is elegant. Nobody has mistaken me. And that habit comes into the story as well.
    At the same time writing like this drains my energy. It takes more than two, three hours to produce the first draft. But after seeing your comment I feel it's worth the trouble.

Thanks for the standing ovation, Usha. I am flattered, honoured and touched. In the next episode the war gets a little personal. Wait and see.
    thanks for coming in,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Thanks for the wow, Satchi. That means a lot to me. With these Krishnas the modern day Arjun is going to get much more than a mere victory in this holy war.
    Oh, thanks for the compliments on those skills. In fact I came to writing only because of an incident in a leadership camp some 16 years ago. That's a long story, Satchi and we'll discuss it someday.
    thanks for coming in,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

thanks for coming in, Gayathri. Gita and Kural can be quoted for virtually any occasion. Marriage, eating, drinking, whatever these two texts have some sane counsel for us.
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Dear EQ,
    If you have any sweets near by have one telling my name. I saw this comment soon after I posted the episode. And there was a call from somebody who wants to make one of my short stories into a short film. The person told me (he wants to be a Director) that I write like as if I were writing screenplay for a film. That was something I learned from the legendary writer Sujatha.
    Yes, I too am looking foward to the day a story like this is made into a film.
    The Krishnas are now into army formation for the next stage in battle.
    thanks for coming in, and thanks for the nice words,
    sridhar