1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Leap Frog learning DVDs

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Traveller, May 26, 2008.

1. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hello dear mommies (also daddies!),

Just wanted to share how pleased we are with this product. I bought Leap Frog's Learning DVDs (a set of 5) for 2-6 years age group. It has basic numbers (Math circus), phonetics etc., My 3 year old adores it. It has been a month since we bought and since last week he has started reading alphabets wherever he can and this morning he spelt 'Rice' and also uttered the word himself!

Latha

2. kads

kads Senior IL'ite

Hi traveller
    I too have that Dvds and u r RIGHT.I BOUGHT FOR MY SON THE FIRST dvd of the taking letter dvd of phonics and he really caught them in some 15 days...and then i thought to buy the words dvds and we did buy all the other 4dvds..As u said ur son is 3yrs old and learned all his phonic sounds through these dvds but i am happy and also surprised to know that he did spell RICE so soon ..so i wanted to know that does he watch the dvds regularly or sme times as my son knows his sounds just watching that dvd but he is not interested in the word dvd ...and i feel very bad as i thought he will also learn some words but no use ;sometimes i feel i should make him watch the dvd daily so that he can learn ....and the same time he should not feel bore so any tricks or the way i can make him learn his words too...he is 3and half yr old...waiting for ur reply

3. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi traveller,
    My daughter is 23 months old. Is it the appropriate time for buying
    the leapfrog dvd or can I buy after some time?

4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Vidya,

I don't see any reason why you can't buy them now. There are many books too that I bought ahead of age. May be at her age she might not watch for too long but they keep hearing the contents.. that's what we aim for:)

Hi Kads,

The reason my son could spell so soon could be this: For his first birthday my cousin gifted the alphabets toy from Leap Frog (that's how i came to know of this product). It's similar to the phonetics dvd. He used to keep on playing with each alphabet ever since he received that toy and may be that's why he could capture it soon:) He watches once a day. He's more interested in talking words and wants to watch it repeatedly... maths not much. When I say once a day he wants me to play atleast twice. And after that when we are playing or out shopping i keep singing that and also when we read bold letters i try out the phonetics exercise with him. And again each child is different. For example he still can't say months of a year:( so keep trying and they always surprise us....

Latha

5. fragrance

fragrance New IL'ite

is there a website where we can purchase this dvd. is it available in india and uae

6. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Fragrance,

I bought it from amazon.com. We rarely get english books and dvds where we live. you can ask book stores in UAE. This is the link to amazon: Amazon.com: Leap Frog - DVD: Movies & TV

Latha

7. vv123

vv123 New IL'ite

Hi,
    I stay in Pune. Can u tell where will get Leap Frog Products in Pune or Mumbai ?

Vidya

8. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi Latha,
    I got the leapfrog phonics dvd last week. My kid loves that. She watches the whole
    dvd and tries to repeat some sounds.She is not talking so many words. But I think this dvd will help to imitate the phonics. I think it is the best phonics dvd. I have gone
    for it on seeing your feedback. Thanks.

9. vv123

vv123 New IL'ite

Hi friends,

i am too keen on buying the Leapfrog DVD set. Can anyone let me know where will get in India ?

Vidya

10. lmmLavanya

lmmLavanya New IL'ite

hi

can any one tell from where do I get Leap Frog DVD in Chennai

bye
    lavanya