1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lazy(laidback)-Active, Lazy-Lazy, Active-Active: Whats the dynamics in your marriage?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Spiderman1, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

There are people who are Lazy or Laidback or wont bother much abt anything. Just Aaramse types. You know what I mean right?

Just thought of an interesting (hopefully) topic to discuss:

Then there are folks who are Active, wanting to do lot of things at home, keep the home clean/organized etc or just busy in general. Whenever they do things they'll not want to take it easy, and they'll push to do the best etc.

Whats the dynamics in your marriage?
    1. Lazy-Lazy/Laidback-Laidback: Both you and spouse are chillax folks

2. Active-Active: Both of ya'll are push type folks

3. Lazy(Laidback)-Active: Obviously different types.

For all 1, 2, and 3, I'm sure there are pros and cons and I'm sure there are ways to deal with it etc. Add kids to the mixture and it becomes even more interesting.

BTW - The lazy or laidback CAN and DO change in different circumstances. Some folks can be super active and dynamic at Workplace/career but laidback at home, and Vice-Versa too.

So, feel free to mention such differences as well when you write - difference as in Home vs Workplace etc.

(I will add our own dynamics but wanted to see if this thread will even be interesting first)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  2. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Re: Lazy(laidback)-Active, Lazy-Lazy, Active-Active: Whats the dynamics in your marri

Hi Spiderman1,

nice topic.. ours is a combination - sometimes

Lazy - Active:
    me lazy - at workplace I am active all the time, lazy at home during weekdays.. I need a push from DH to do anything beyond cooking and just those chores that is necessary for the day n taking care of LO..
    DH active - all weekdays n weekends he is up for cleaning, decluttering. he is lazy only on sundays except for 2 hours weekend work like groceries, etc :) Also he becomes lazy when he hears there is absolutely no plans for weekends and it becomes very difficult to move him for any unplanned activity on weekends. so if there is any work forseen for the weekend, I have to make him aware before itself so he sets his mind not to laze in the couch watching unlimited TV on weekends.
    BTW, both of us are never lazy at the same time. we take turns you see.. :))

Active - Active:
    both of us are super active when we have plannned cleaning, decluttering, rearranging, vast cooking to be done for guests, etc we can work all day too.

3. daisymom

daisymom Senior IL'ite

Re: Lazy(laidback)-Active, Lazy-Lazy, Active-Active: Whats the dynamics in your marri

Ahhhh,..... very interesting thread!

well, me and DH are both active types. though DH is more active than me.

may be its because both of us were living alone (away from families) on our own (not together though :p) for years before we got married. i was living alone for almost 6 years and he for 9. we had to take care of every thing all by ourselves and it has formed a habit.

post marriage, we have eased into a division of work... it was not deliberate but happened over the years to suit our timings and lifestyle. i make sure that all the ragular things are taken care of at home and he takes care of all the surprises (like illness, trips, vacations, family functions, repair, plumber works etc)... but the lines blurr whenever the need arises.

we are both financially similar - and we prefer to clear our liabilities one by one. we have already cleared our home/car loan etc. in this area, i make sure that our savings are on track and he takes care of investments and liabilities.

How about u? how are things at ur end? :)

PS: at work place, he is very pro-active and i used to be active enough when i was working (i had to stop working when i conceived, i have a really bad back problem and not supposed to take any risk)

i am very lazy when it comes to social obligations. DH has to push me to go to such occasions (parties etc) :crazy

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010