1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Laxmi Devi resides where food is always there

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Sep 24, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Some people cook more and some cook just enough for the number of people at home.

I never know to cook less, always there is balance in the vessel. As it is I cook more everyday and if some guests are coming it will be more than that. Earlier days the ladies in the house used to serve the men and children first , then only eat. But now a days in most of the houses everyone eat together and so everything should be in excess only because seeing the food in the vessel, if it is less then people having food wont know how much to serve themselves.

2. vaishnavisri

vaishnavisri Senior IL'ite

Laxmi Devi resides where food is always there - very nice title. morning first i am tempted to read ur article for the title itself. thanks

3. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Viji, you are right. When we have extra food at home, Laxmi Devi resides there. It is always good idea to make some extra food. It will be helpful when you unexpected guests.
    So when I visit you, I can always expect food in your place. Keep that habit. It is a great one.

4. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

My amma used to keep one person's food at every night. We will tell her, it will be a waste, but she will reply if any person come at late night, it will be useful. After reading ur post, i remember this incident. But my cooking will be very accurate and for the members only. I will try to cook more and to reserve food.

andal

5. ranisuresh

ranisuresh Senior IL'ite

Yes, I agree with your point, even my MIL, my Mother always keep extra food to serve atleast for one person. As the relatives / friends may visit any time.

But I cook food, which would be sufficient for three of us. Because the extra food stored in food always go waste. If anybody comes, I cook and serve them immediately.

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vaishnavi

Thank you for your first fb and glad to know you liked the post.

love
    viji
    l

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Coffeelover

Thanks for your encouragement. You are welcome at any time. Awaiting anxiously for your arrival.

love
    viji

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Andal

Good to know that your amma also used to keep one person's food at every night.
    Good to know that my post brought you memories of your mother.

love
    viji

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rani

Glad to know you cook sufficient for 3 of you and if anyone comes you cook extra.

love
    viji

10. rashmee

rashmee Junior IL'ite

yes .my grandmother used to say that even after everybody had their meal there should be little food left and vessel should not be empty coz laxmiji stays where food resides else she gets anry