Lawyer, Preg Test, Ayur, Nursing Bras, Marriage Purchases,Baby Food, School, Tailor

Discussion in 'Mumbai & Navi Mumbai' started by Maggie, May 21, 2007.

1. Maggie

Maggie New IL'ite

Hello Everyone,

I wanna know if any of the IL members know of a good lady lawyer in mumbai practising in family property disputes.Any help would really be appreciated.

Thank you
    maggie

2. NishaS

NishaS New IL'ite

Pregnency Test, Ayurvedic, Nursing Bras, Marriage Purchases,Baby Food, School, Tailor

Hi, I need to know what is the procedure for getting a pregnancy test done in any pathology lab in Mumbai? My best friend thinks she might be pregnant and she needs to get one done without her parents knowing, so I basically want to know whether we need any doctor's prescriptions or provide personal information to get a pregnancy test done.

Also, are the home pregnancy tests reliable? Which one is the best and most reliable? And how much does the lab pregnancy test and a home pregnancy test kit would cost?

I really appreciate any help.

Thanks.

3. sugarnspice

sugarnspice Bronze IL'ite

Re: Pregnancy tests in Mumbai

It is better if she is tested with a Gynaec. She also needs to speak to her partner as it is better if he accompanies her.
    She will have to think very clearly wrt to what her options are if she is pregnant.
    I am not sure how good the home pregnancy test are at the moment as I have not been in India for a long time.
    All the best!

4. radk

radk New IL'ite

Ayurvedic Doctors, Tailors, Schools in Mumbai / Navi Mumbai

hi
    my fil had a heart attack a yr ago and since then he is really not keeping well he seems to be a paralysed from a leg and hand infact he cannot do anything on his own not even stand up
    we r doing all the allopathy treatments , along with physical therapy but we dont see much improvement
    so we r thinking of alternative tratments like ayurvedic treatments does any one had similar experience and after taking ayurvedic treatments improved PLS SHARE ......
    since mobility is a problem iheard kerala/ cochin have good ayurvedic DRs
    we want someo one within bombay can anyone pls suggest a good dr
    thanks in advance

5. Mum2Be

Mum2Be New IL'ite

Need Nursing Bras in Mumbai

hi,

i am a new member here.. came across this thru google and i thank my stars for this..

i am 5 months pregnant and expectin my baby in November.

i am currently in UK, but i am headed back to Mumbai to get my baby delivered.

i am very concerned if i wil get any nursing bras in India. i don't if there any stores in India where i can get good, quality nursing bras.

pls suggest if any of you have any idea abt where i can buy them in Mumbai? will i get them in MotherCare in Shoppers Stop or any other place that u can think of.

Thanks in advance.. looking forward to ur replies..

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Re: Need Nursing Bras in Mumbai

My Dear,

Mumbai is not so under developed. You will get them in almost all shops that sell lingerie. There is nothing to worry. We also have dime a dozen malls which have counters for ladies inner wear. You have no reason to worry at all.

7. daffodil

daffodil Bronze IL'ite

Re: Need Nursing Bras in Mumbai

Hi Mum2Be,

Congrats on your pregnancy.

Try "SHE" at Linking road Bandra. Its exactly opp to McDonalds.

Contact no. 022-26498022, 022-26496519

Its a one stop shop for all kinds of lingerie.

8. Cauveryiyer

Cauveryiyer New IL'ite

marriage purchases

Hello,
    My daughter got engaged and the wedding is fixed for October 19th in Mumbai. We are settled in mumbai.I need guidance on procuring the items (Saris,Gold ornaments,silver vessels and stainless steel utensils). I will be happy if members can guide me from where to procure these items. it can be in Chennai or mumbai.
    Hoping for a flood of suggestions.
    Cauvery A. Iyer

9. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Re: marriage purchases

Dear Cauvery mam,

I think you have posted in a wrong section, anyways the moderators will take care of it. Aswering to your post; i am not aware of the stores in Mumbai, but can help a lot with shopping in chennai.

Sarees:

For silk sarees the best choice is Nalli Silks, The best i had ever seen.This has an outlet in mumbai too but i am not sure about the collections in mumbai.Whereas in chennai it has a wide variety of collections and branches.
    Next choice for silk saree is Kumaran silks, this is also nearby nalli, this has no branches still the collections are good.
    There is another store called RMKV nearby Nalli and Kumaran u can try that also.

Daily wear sarees:

Both nalli & kumaran have a good collection of these sarees still there are other good stores like Naidu hall, Garden sarees, RMKV, Pothys etc.

Gold Ornaments:

My preference based on the quality and pattern varieties are as follows :

GRT - G R Thangamaligai; GRT - a treasure house of India's finest Jewellery...; has a huge collection no doubt.

Kirtilalal Kalidas & Co., - Quite small still the quality is good, they do take orders and make it in a short time; especially diamond is good.

Bapalal - This too is famous for diamond,gold quality is also pure.

Silver Vessels:

One and only choice is GRT; same shop you can get gold and diamond ornaments too. Too good collections with good price ranges.

Stainless Steel Utensils:

Best choice is Rathna stores. It is in T.Nagar and Pondi bazaar. The stainless steel is good. We have been a customer for years and years.The prices are very much affordable.

Please do not fall in any other stores for getting stainless teel utensils for price reason. The price is worth in these shops.

Hope these details help you! Please do ask me if you want more details. thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2008
  10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Re: marriage purchases

Hi Cauvery,

Which part of Mumbai you are staying!

If you are looking for South Indian Silk Sarees, South Indian Type Jewellery, South Indian type steel vessels, I would suggest you get off at Matunga (Central Railway) and shop to glory. Matunga has got Mahalaxmi Silk house and chain of jewellery stores with South Indian Patterns plenty of Steel Untensils shops too. The next hub is Chembur, here too you can get South Indian type sarees, jewellry and utensils, the thrid hub is Mulund. Yes,in Mulund you have Murugan Stores for steel vessels and around you can go the main bazaar from where you can pick up South Indian Collections.

If you are looking for Banaras, Kashmir silks, etc.. you can get off at Dadar and shop. Dadar has chain of big outlets giving you the variety you are looking for.

You can also get off at Vashi and go to Centre One which is close to Vashi Railway Station. All leading brands of Mumbai have their outlet here. It is a one house shopping including jewellery. For Stainless steel vessels you may have to come to Sector 17 Vashi, which has the Murugal Steel Emporium outlet.

I would suggest you get off at Matunga as for the past five decades, Matunga is the only respected hub for Southies to shop!!