1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Laundry storage

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by minnu2006, Oct 24, 2007.

1. minnu2006

minnu2006 New IL'ite

Friends,

THis is probably a wierd post - but I really need a solution. Right now, whenever I have clothese that need washing I just throw them in a corner of the room. I have a room full of dirty clothese by the end of the week! I need an effective solution for storing the clothes until laundry time. SOmething like a clothese hamper ..

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Minnu,
    It's not weird at all. The solution is buy two or three huge plastic buckets in which you can put , need to be iorned, unwashed and need to be laundered clothes. This is what I do.This way you can avoid dirty clothes all around the room.

3. ramyanand

ramyanand Silver IL'ite

Hi minnu,
    u can buy foldable laundry bags sold in chennai...

Cheers
    Ramya

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

If yours is own house, have a cupboard built under the washbasin to store dirty clothes. I have done like that. The closet is just outside the bathroom and we put the clothes in there. i wash as nd when I get time. Washed clothes to be ironed are kept in a shelf.
    You get foldable clothes bags now here, use them.

5. priyanka

priyanka Junior IL'ite

Hi

I agree with Varloo.The space under basin is really a good place.We too have done same in our own house in India.But it not possible in rented places.So I have a willow basket with a cover which looks really beautiful and I don’t have to worry about the unwashed cloths popping out.Think of something innovative and beautiful.
    In India too my mom had a cane basket which she had taken from the road side.It was a big beautiful basket which she used for many years.It actually was used for keeping rice by villagers.

Attached Files:

• p1.gif
      p1.gif
      File size:
      7.2 KB
      Views:
    • p2.gif
      p2.gif
      File size:
      6.7 KB
      Views: