Laundry storage

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by minnu2006, Oct 24, 2007.

1. minnu2006

minnu2006 New IL'ite

Friends,

THis is probably a wierd post - but I really need a solution. Right now, whenever I have clothese that need washing I just throw them in a corner of the room. I have a room full of dirty clothese by the end of the week! I need an effective solution for storing the clothes until laundry time. SOmething like a clothese hamper ..

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Minnu,
    It's not weird at all. The solution is buy two or three huge plastic buckets in which you can put , need to be iorned, unwashed and need to be laundered clothes. This is what I do.This way you can avoid dirty clothes all around the room.

3. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

Hi minnu,
    u can buy foldable laundry bags sold in chennai...

Cheers
    Ramya

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

If yours is own house, have a cupboard built under the washbasin to store dirty clothes. I have done like that. The closet is just outside the bathroom and we put the clothes in there. i wash as nd when I get time. Washed clothes to be ironed are kept in a shelf.
    You get foldable clothes bags now here, use them.

5. priyanka

priyanka Junior IL'ite

Hi

I agree with Varloo.The space under basin is really a good place.We too have done same in our own house in India.But it not possible in rented places.So I have a willow basket with a cover which looks really beautiful and I don’t have to worry about the unwashed cloths popping out.Think of something innovative and beautiful.
    In India too my mom had a cane basket which she had taken from the road side.It was a big beautiful basket which she used for many years.It actually was used for keeping rice by villagers.

Attached Files:

• p1.gif
      p1.gif
      File size:
      7.2 KB
      Views:
    • p2.gif
      p2.gif
      File size:
      6.7 KB
      Views: