1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

latest sarees

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Tulasi, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

hi friends,

my brother-in-law getting married this summer. I am going to wedding but my question is what saree to wear since i have lot of pattu sarees which i bought for marriage wore only once in my marriage right now my mom is
    saying pattu sarees are out of fashion. can you guys please suggest me what
    kind sarees are in fashion and where to buy them in bagalore and hyderbad

Thank you in advance

2. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Tulasi Garu,

Hope you know Telugu.

Pattu sarees ippudu antha fashion kadu kani, meeku unna vatinae komcham modify chesukuni vesukovachu. vati meeda meeku opika vumte kundans, chemkies antimchandi, lekapotae bayata cheyimchandi. Ippudu ala cheyatam baga fashion. A saree ayina work compulsory ayipoyindi. Adi kaka meeru India lo vumdaru kabatti ippudu kotha sarees konna waste.

Meeru kotha sarees konukovalanukumtae Crepe meeda works ippudu fashion. Hyderabad lo ayithae kalamandir, kalanjali lo bagumtayi. Cost ekkuva anukokapothe kalanjali best. Inka Neerus, My Choice, kalaniketan kuda baguntayi.

vuntanu mari
    Varudhini

3. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Hi Varudhini,

me response ki chala thanks. Naku sarees anti chala istam so I bought lot of pattu sarees during my marriage 8 years ago but I wore only once and now they are out of fashion and I don’t feel like spending lot money again b’coz iam going to wear only in India. I would like to
    Know where they do work on sarees in hyderbad and also do you know any tailor To stich the blouse.

thank you again varudhini. nice to know you are telugu...

4. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Tulasi,

In Chennai, they are doing some 'kundan' type work on old pattu saree and make them brand new. Really it is worth doing. You can sellect designs and they will collect our saree from our home and deliver the same with in 3 days.

They are having design books also so that you can choose your design. And the charges also less. Around Rs. 600/= they are charging. But according to your design it may vary.

Next one is Designer's sarees. You can get them and you can use them even in US, since it is a party ware.

Or otherwise, You can get Mysore jarget sarees which are having great thread and stone work. They look very rich . (if you watch Zee or Sony, all the serial heroiens will ware these kind of sarees for the marriage or function in the serial.) You can go for that.

They look very rich and reasonable price and for only rare use. Very light in weight. My brother gifted me one fanta orange + yellow coloured saree last year when he visited India from US.

I think this will help you.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  5. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Tulasi

Hyderabad lo ippudu sarees meeda work ekkada padithae akkada chestunaaru. Prati colony lo at least minimum six to seven mamdi vuntaru. Charminar, koti best. kakapothae time ekkuva thesukumtaru, kani rate takkuva vumtundi. Migata chotla rates ekkuva. Tailors kooda a area lo ayina manchi tailors vunnaru. Boutiques kooda bagane vunnai. Designer blouses valla daggara ayithae bagumtai.

Meeku old sraees meeda work ki pedda ekkuva emi charge cheyaru. 600 to 800 vumtundi, kani mamchi rich look vastundi.

Love
    Varudhini

6. radha_chennai

radha_chennai New IL'ite

dear krishnamma,
    can you give me the address of the people who are doing kundan work in chennai?if its no trouble please pm me with the address. thanks in advance.:)
    radha

7. radha_chennai

radha_chennai New IL'ite

varudhini garu,
    emiti hyderabad forum lo meeru kanapadaledhu malla?mee college kaburlu cheptharemo anukunna.
    regards,
    radha

8. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Thank you krishnamma for your response. it will be good if you know somebody in bangalore or hyderbad.

Varudhini , could you give the names of stores in charminar and koti who does this work. it will very usefull..

thank you

9. Tamanna12

Tamanna12 New IL'ite

hi krishamma
    I too want chennai address whenever i go chennai i can buy.
    bye
    sofi

10. kripa shankari

kripa shankari New IL'ite

hi krishnamma
    i also have lots of old sarees.
    tell me the address of the kundan work in chennai
    will b helpfull
    thks
    kripa