latest news.that could be vital while property buying......

Discussion in 'Housing' started by Shanvy, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

though a little late news, but still a pivotal news that could change the way things and amenities are placed

Groundwater, a precious natural resource, is for all practical purposes a private property in India. Anyone can bore and extract water from the land he owns with few rules to restrict over-exploitation.

But all this could soon change. Plans are afoot to alter laws and regulations to make groundwater a common property resource to ensure better regulation by government as a public trustee with the involvement of communities in the management of underground aquifers. That would mean that nobody can withdraw water even from the land that he owns without a sanction from community-controlled authorities like panchayat.
    The move would radically rewrite management of groundwater in India - giving community rights over aquifers instead of restricting these to landowners who can simply drill and exploit the resource.

To change groundwater management rules, the government aims to pass a framework law under Article 252 of the Constitution. This can be done with two states required to pass a similar law before the central initiative. The particular provision helps the Centre make a law that impinges on federal concerns but not override state governments' powers. Once approved by Parliament it makes it necessary for states to align their regulations in keeping with the principles of the central law.

This, the government believes, would prevent the need to alter the constitutional position of 'water' as a state subject while penal provisions would be placed within states' powers.

Radical changes emerging from the Planning Commission envision Panchayati Raj institutions will become the real-time custodians of the common resource and help regulate the use of aquifers in their domains. Such a practice is in vogue in some states like Andhra Pradesh, but the implementation of a framework law could ensure other states too devolve power and assume control.

India is the largest user of groundwater in the world. Almost a third of groundwater aquifers are semi-critical, critical and over-exploited and some estimates suggest that at current rate of extraction 60% of the groundwater blocks could turn critical by 2025. Some 60% of irrigated agriculture and over 80% of the rural and urban water supply is now being met from groundwater.

The unchecked depletion of aquifers has led to a public health crisis across the country, besides leaving agriculture precariously placed in several states.

Bringing water into the concurrent list of the Constitution is seen within government circles as a politically difficult shot with concerns over federalism bound to play a spoiler. The framework law, the government hopes, will leave the powers of the state untouched.

The government intends to substantially increase financial support to states to also ensure a clear demarcation of aquifers - a task that remains incomplete so far — and so allow communities to gain information of the volume under their control.

The law would bring legislation in tune with Supreme Court rulings, including the Public Trust Doctrine, which can end the common law doctrine that has regulated groundwater use since the colonial era in India. The Indian Easements Act of 1882 and other regulations, including the various model bills legislated from time to time, still give landowners complete rights to draw as much water as they want without a liability or responsibility towards neighbouring landowners.

The government intends to hold several rounds of consultations with states, including a meeting of the National Development Council, to ensure there is an early buy-in and worries are addressed.

(courtesy - toi)

2. newsoul

newsoul Bronze IL'ite

Re: latest news.that could be vital....

Hello,
    When I was going thru real estate classifieds, I see a lot of house listings in nanmangalam area..Is it safe to buy in that area? The prices seems cheaper in that area..Someone please advise!

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

the new happening place. i have given the survey numbers from asi in one of the posts in this thread. other places should be fine.

it has gone up from 2000 in 2010 to around 4000 in 2012..lots of flats in the place..if you go in. being closer to medavakkam, 200ft radial and water being good and still affordable are the reasons...

4. newsoul

newsoul Bronze IL'ite

thank you! it helps a lot. we are also considering pallikaranai. Still deciding...

5. sugan22

sugan22 New IL'ite

Hello All - Have been observing the above thread for a while. I'm planning to buy a flat at Plaza Pristine Acres, Perumbakkam (located in the perumbakkam - nukkampalayam road). I would like to know if the survey work on the ASI is complete and could there be any more impacts on the flats in those area?

6. Naeyam

Naeyam New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am new to IL. We are planning to buy a land around Velacherry area. We are thinking about Nanmangalam. Reading abt the platinum mines, I am now confused. I would really appreciate if anyone could tell me what is the current scenario ?

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

there are no platinum mines. it is only ASI restriction, and you can get the whole layout of the ASI restriction from the pallavaram SRO and the nanmangalam panchayat office. take the survey number and check if it surfaces in any of the news, asi sites.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

the big land banks getting sold/grabbed..latest in the chain binny grounds-perambur at 490crores. it is estimated that binny holds a landbank of around 6oook crores...hmmm who said re estate was dull.

1 person likes this.
  9. jac162305

jac162305 New IL'ite

Reading some of the questions posted on this Forum on the subject of purchase of plots / flats in Subham Nagar, Zamin Pallavaram area, one could understand that there is unnecessary fear and confusion amongst those concerned.

I am sharing this information to address some of the concerns raised by the members of this forum and for those viewers who have been relentlessly seeking guidance on whether to purchase a plot / residential flat in Subham Nagar, Zamin Pallavaram area and various other neighboring areas.

As you already know, a notification from the Archeology Survey of India issued in 2010 has affected construction activity in the area earmarked as the “prohibited area” (100 meters) and additionally “Regulated area” (200 meters) in Subham Nagar, Zamin Pallavaram. Constructions / reconstructions / repair work in the “Regulated Area” can be undertaken after obtaining NOC from the Office of the State Archeology Commissioner, the competent authority for issuing NOCs.

Besides these earmarked areas, the pieces of land situated outside of ASI purview are 100% available for buy/sell transactions, constructions, reconstructions etc. For these lands, Pallavaram Municipality continue to issue Patta, Building Permits etc in normal course. Pallavaram Municipality has displayed the map at their office clearly displaying the pieces of land affected and unaffected. I hope this clarifies to all concerned and help alleviate their fears. Do let me know if you need any further details / clarification.

10. jac162305

jac162305 New IL'ite

A notification from the Archeology Survey of India issued in 2010 has affected construction activity in the area earmarked as the “prohibited area” (100 meters) and additionally “Regulated area” (200 meters) in Subham Nagar, Zamin Pallavaram. Constructions / reconstructions / repair work in the “Regulated Area” can be undertaken after obtaining NOC from the Office of the State Archeology Commissioner, the competent authority for issuing NOCs.

Besides these marked areas, the pieces of land situated outside of ASI purview are 100% available for buy/sell transactions, constructions, reconstructions etc. For these lands, Pallavaram Municipality continue to issue Patta, Building Permits etc and there is no need to obtain NOC or incur any undue expenses towards obtaining one for these pieces of land. Pallavaram Municipality has displayed the map at their office clearly displaying the pieces of land affected and unaffected. I hope this clarifies to all concerned and help alleviate their fears.