Latest happenings/exhibitions/classes in chennai for ladies

Discussion in 'Places & Events' started by Shanvy, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

PAinting Classes:

A two day free workship on painting with instant coffee powder and using the new product from fevicryly called crackle medium is being conducted by fevicryl art tutor.

Date :October 15 and 16
    Hastashri Arts and Craft
    New no.88,
    Gengu Reddy street,
    Egmore.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

A carnatic music competition is being conducted by chennai online for its 10th anniversary celebrations...in association with asan ..school. for both juniors and seniors.

Place:
    Asan Memorial Senior Secondary School,
    Greams Road, Egmore,
    Chennai,
    Tamil Nadu

Date: Oct 6 2007 to Oct 7 2007

3. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Dear IL members, i got this fwd msg.

Event For Mentally Challenged - Vidiyal 2007

We, ShiftDel Solutions, are conducting an event' Vidiyal - Event for Mentally Challenged Children' in association with Rotaract Club of Ambattur. This is an exclusive event, a talent promotion show for the special children, by the special children on November 14, 2007 at Raja Annamalai Mandram, Parrys.

More than 500+ special children from various NGOs(Special Institutions) are participating in the event. Last held in March 2006, Vidiyal was a thumping success. Reports, photos, videos are available in the event site Vidiyal - Event for Mentally Challenged (Retarded)

This year - Vidiyal 2007 will accommodate more special children and will reach out to the community through Press and Media in a large way.

We are seeking the support of Individuals, Corporate, Rotary Clubs and other Rotaract Clubs in this regard.

I personally appeal to you to contribute to this noble cause. You can contribute to the cause by sponsoring in Cash or in Kind; giving us leads or references for sponsors. We love to have you with us on the event day.

We are happy to tell you that some friends have come forward to help, by taking the event details to their organization HR; some have collected funds by circulating an appeal in their office; some have referred organizations, individuals and celebrites. We are planning to involve more people in to this and create an awareness in our society. So we are looking for more number of people working for the cause and the quantum of help is not a criteria.

We request you to do the best, you are capable of, to support this noble endeavor.

Anticipating your support and reply.Forward this to as many friends as possible.

For clarifications reach us at
    ==============================<wbr>==
    +91-9841747668(Deenadayalan),<wbr>+91-9841747669(Manigandan) vidiyal.event@gmail.com ,info@vidiyal.co.in
    Vidiyal - Event for Mentally Challenged (Retarded)

Bank Details :: Cheques and Demand Draft should be drawn favoring "Vidiyal" payable at Chennai.
    Bank Details for e-transfer :: AXIS(UTI) Bank, Velachery Branch, Account No : 234010200006033, A/C Holder: ShiftDel Solutions
    Kindly mail us the Transaction Reference No. and your personal details to us, so that we can generate the receipt and mail you.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi vivbass,

I got this info... but did not think about posting...thanks for bringing it to the notice of other chennaites...:thumbsup

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

For all those hariharan fans...

there is a ghazal nite...

place - The Music Academy ,
    306,TTK Road,,
    Chennai ,

When - Oct 27 2007 6:00PM

For details - Vinod Hari, 98410b48949

6. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

Deepa Thiruvizha-Lamp exhibiton

Deepa Thiruvizha - An Lamp Exhibition

Where:
    Poompuhar ,
    No 108, Anna Salai ,
    Chennai ,
    Tamil Nadu

When:
    Nov 20 2007 10:00AM to
    Nov 30 2007 8:00PM

Contact Details:
    Poompuhar
    Phone : 28520624, 28550157

Hosted By:
    Poompuhar

Poompuhar is organising Deepa Thiruvizha, an exhibition of ancient lamps, designers lamp, Aluminium Lamps, Navagraha Lamps, Ashtalakshmi Lamps, etc., from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm.

Cheres
    Ramya

7. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hi ramya

Thank u for sharing this mesage yaar, only yesterday my athai was telling me to take her to poompuhar and she has never visited that place so far........its an extra pleasure for her to see this special fair also........

latamurali

8. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

hi lata
    Im glad that my msg benefitted u..BTW did u buy any lamps there?

Cheers
    Ramya

9. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hi ramya

No , i didnt get chance to visit that fair.........till this time...........busy with someother matter............like karthigai,my appas monthly rituals etc...........still waiting for the chance............

But i got something from the road wala selling lamps.....like THULASI MAADAM,LOTUS,LIKE COCONUT SHELL,PAVAI VILAKU etc.............

10. lahani

lahani New IL'ite

Dear shanvy,
    Very informative thread. Actually i am planning to visit chennai by next week. Please post me if there is any classes for kids,tradefair,discount sale etc.

regards
    lahani